- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Device Mutual Authentication and Key Management Techniques in a Smart Home Environment
스마트 홈 환경에서 디바이스 상호 인증 및 키 관리 기법
- Min, So-Yeon (Dept. of Information and Communication Eng., Seoil University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Seung (Dept. of Computer Science and Eng., Soongsil University)
- Received : 2018.09.17
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
Recently, the smart home market is growing due to the development of wireless communication technology and sensor devices, and various devices are being utilized. Such an IoT environment collects various vast amount of device information for intelligent services, receives services based on user information, controls various devices, and provides communication between different types of devices. However, with this growth, various security threats are occurring in the smart home environment. In fact, Proofpoint and HP warned about the cases of damage in a smart home environment and the severity of security vulnerabilities, and cases of infringement in various environments were announced. Therefore, in this paper, we have studied secure mutual authentication method between smart nodes used in smart home to solve security problems that may occur in smart home environment. In the case of the proposed thesis, security evaluations are performed using random numbers and frequently updated session keys and secret keys for well-known vulnerabilities that can occur in IoT environments and sensor devices such as sniffing, spoofing, device mutual authentication, And safety. In addition, it is confirmed that it is superior in security and key management through comparison with existing smart home security protocol.
Smart Home;Smart Home Authentication;Smart Home Security;Device Authentication;IoT Security
Supported by : 서일대학교
- YOON, Seokung; PARK, Haeryong; YOO, Hyeong Seon. Security issues on smarthome in IoT environment. In: Computer science and its applications. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp. 691-696, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-45402-2_97
- ROBLES, Rosslin John, et al. A review on security in smart home development. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 2010.
- KOMNINOS, Nikos; PHILIPPOU, Eleni; PITSILLIDES, Andreas. Survey in smart grid and smart home security: Issues, challenges and countermeasures. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 16.4: 1933-1954, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/comst.2014.2320093 https://doi.org/10.1109/COMST.2014.2320093
- FERNANDES, Earlence; JUNG, Jaeyeon; PRAKASH, Atul. Security analysis of emerging smart home applications. In: 2016 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (SP). IEEE, pp. 636-654, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/sp.2016.44
- SIVARAMAN, Vijay, et al. Network-level security and privacy control for smart-home IoT devices. In: Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob), 2015 IEEE 11th International Conference on. IEEE, pp. 163-167, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/wimob.2015.7347956
- YE, Xiaojing; HUANG, Junwei. A framework for cloud-based smart home. In: Computer science and network technology (ICCSNT), 2011 international conference on. IEEE, pp. 894-897. 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/iccsnt.2011.6182105
- MOWAD, Mohamed Abd El-Latif; FATHY, Ahmed; HAFEZ, Ahmed. Smart home automated control system using android application and microcontroller. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 5.5: 935-939, 2014.
- SCHNEPS-SCHNEPPE, Manfred, et al. Wired Smart Home: energy metering, security, and emergency issues. In: Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops (ICUMT), 2012 4th International Congress on. IEEE, pp. 405-410, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/icumt.2012.6459700
- MANTAS, Georgios; LYMBERO POULOS, Dimitrios; KOMNINOS, Nikos. Security in smart home environment. In: Wireless Technologies for Ambient Assisted Living and Healthcare: Systems and Applications. IGI Global, pp. 170-191, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-61520-805-0.ch010
- FADELL, Anthony Michael, et al. Handling security services visitor at a smart-home. U.S. Patent Application No 14/587,835, 2015.
- JOSE, Arun Cyril; MALEKIAN, Reza. Smart home automation security. SmartCR, 5.4: 269-28, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.6029/smartcr.2015.04.004
- J.Zhu and J.Ma, A new authentication scheme with anonymity for wireless environments, IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 50, No.1, pp.231-235, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/tce.2004.1277867
- Farash, Mohammad Sabzinejad, Turkanovic Muhamed, Kumari Saru, and Marko Holbl. "An efficient user authentication and key agreement scheme for heterogeneous wireless sensor network tailored for the internet of things environment." Ad Hoc Networks 36 152-176, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2015.05.014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2015.05.014
- C.-C.Wu, W.-B.Lee, and W.-J.Tsaur," A secure authentication scheme with anonymity for wireless communications", IEEE Communications Letters,Vol. 12, No.10, pp.722-723, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/lcomm.2008.080283 https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2008.080283
- Qinghua Li and Guohong Cao, "Multicast Authentication in the Smart Grid With One-Time Signature", IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2(4), 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/tsg.2011.2138172