- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Algorithm Calculating Optimal DG Capacity Considering Operating Deficit in Hybrid Internal Combustion Generation
하이브리드 내연발전에서 도서 운영 결손액을 고려한 분산전원 최적 용량 산정 알고리즘
- Son, Joon-Ho (ESS Sales/Engineering Team, LG Electronics) ;
- Kim, Mi-Young (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Howon University)
- Received : 2018.08.14
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
Internal combustion generation (ICG) is used to supply power to islands due to geographical characteristics, but there are some problems, such as considerable operating cost, salt pollution, and environmental pollution. For these islands, KEPCO pays a significant amount of operating deficit each year, especially for the fuel and servicing costs, which account for a large portion of this deficit. Integrated ICG (IICG) through an offshore cable between near islands is being considered to decrease servicing costs. Distributed generation (DG) is also being introduced on the islands because of the demand for a low-carbon society. In hybrid internal combustion generation (HICG), DG is introduced into IICG, which can be applied because the DG output is insufficient due to environmental characteristics, and the IICG is used as an auxiliary power source. Therefore, this paper proposes an algorithm to estimate the optimal DG capacity that can be introduced in accordance with the KEPCO operating deficit in the HICG. According to simulations, the optimal DG capacity depends on the fuel cost and load capacity. The validity of the proposed algorithm was confirmed for multiple islands with different peak loads.
Diesel generation;Hybrid internal combustion generation;Integrated operation;Operation deficit;Optimal DG capacity
Supported by : 호원대학교
- Electric Power Public Tasks Evaluation & Planning Center, 2018 action plan, Available From:http://www.etep.or.kr/home/busi_info/budget/pBudgetView.jsp (accessed Jan., 1, 2011.)
- M. Y. Kim, D. S. Rho, G. H. Moon, I. Y. Seo, "Algorithm Deciding Offshore Cable Layout Valid for Integrated Power Supply Between Adjacent Islands", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.19, No.2 pp.28-36, 2018. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.2.28
- Korea Polytechnic University, "A Study on Optimal Implementation of Power Supply in Islands", 2011.
- KEPCO Management Research Institute, "A Study on Economic Electric Power Supply Method for Remote Islands", KIEE summer conference, 2010.
- Y. H. Nam, H. D. Lee, Y. R. Kim, F. Marito, M. Y. Kim, D. S. Rho, "Economic Evaluation Algorithm of Island Micro-grid for Utility and Independent Power Producer", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol.66, No.7, pp.1032-1038, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2017.66.7.1032 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2017.66.7.1032
- M. Y. Kim, "Analysis for Annualized Returns of Island Microgrid IPP According to CER Price", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol.67, No.4, pp.512-521, 2018. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2018.67.4.512 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2018.67.4.512
- Y. V. P. Kumar, R. Bhimasingu, "Optimal sizing of microgrid for an urban community building in south India using HOMER", Proceedings of 2014 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Dec. 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/PEDES.2014.7042059
- M. Ismail, M. Y. Chen, X. Li, "Optimal planning for power distribution network with distributed generation in Zanzibar Island", Proceedings of 2011 International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering, Sept. 2011. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICECENG.2011.6057049
- IRENA, "A Path to Prosperity: Renewable Energy for Islands", 2016
- IEA World Energy Outlook 2015.
- KEPCO, Advance information disclosure, 2016 the full cost account for power plant of KEPCO managed islands, Available From: http://home.kepco.co.kr/kepco/IF/ntcob/list. do?boardCd=BRD_000282&menuCd=FN2502&categoryCd Group=CA4311, 2018 (accessed Oct., 1, 2018)
- Korea energy economics institute, "Study on economical efficiency of solar and wind power generation considering system stability", 2014.
- Korea energy economics institute, "Solar industry and module price forecasts and internal and external strategies", 2013.