- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Impact Analyses for the Safety Checks of Used Wave Dissipation Concrete Block Considering Construction Phases
사용된 소파블록의 안전성 검토를 위한 시공단계별 충돌해석
- Huh, Taik-Nyung (School of Civil, Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Choi, Chang-Ho (Department of Human Resources, Administration Bureau, Provincial Government of Gyeongnam)
- Received : 2018.08.30
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
Many harbor structures have been constructed, and some structures are now under construction in Korea, which is a peninsular state and a logistics hub in Northeast Asia. Expansions and extensions of existing harbors are also being planned to meet increasing natural disaster threats. Wave-dissipation concrete blocks are recycled or discarded based on the personal experience of engineers only, and there are no safety checks or criteria. To check the safety of used blocks, material evaluations were done by visual inspection of blocks on the ground and under water and from 20 non-destructive measurements of the rebound hardness test and 3 concrete core samples. Wave-dissipation blocks are sometimes fully or partially damaged in the process of transferring and mounting them or during construction. Therefore, a safety check is essential for recycling blocks with an evaluation of materials while considering the construction phases. To do this, a block was modeled with a 3D finite element method using ADINA, and impact analyses were done according to the transfer, mounting, and construction phases. From the results of the impact analyses and material evaluation, the safety checks and reasonable evaluation of used blocks were examined, and detailed construction methods are proposed. The methods are expected to maximize the reuse of used wave-dissipation blocks from an economical point of view.
Construction Phase;Impact Analysis;Safety Check;3D Finite Element;Used-Armour Block
Supported by : 창원대학교
- C. H. Choi, Impact Analyses Considering Construction Sequences for the recycling of Used-Armour Concrete Block, pp.1-3, Changwon National University, 2009.
- G. H. Lee, "A Study on Behaviors of Pile Protective Structures by Simplified Collision Model", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.36, No.1, pp.31-32, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2016.36.1.0031 https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2016.36.1.0031
- W. S. Kim, K. Kim, J. Lee, "A Comparison Study Direct Impact Analysis of Vehicle to Concrete Pier and In-Direct Impact Analysis using Load-Time History Functions", Journal of the Computational Structure Engineering Institute of Korea, Vol.27, No.6, pp.533-534, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.6.533 https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.6.533
- C. H. Kim, Safety Evaluation of the Caisson Structures by Barge Collision, p.13, Changwon National University, 2009.
- P. S. Bulson, "Structures under Shock and Impact", pp.289-300, Proceedings of the first International Conference, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1989.
- G. J. Huh, "Transverse Impact Analysis between Sphere and Plate", Journal of Research institute of Industrial Technology, Vol.56, pp.331-338, Busan National University-ISSN:1225-8849, 1999.
- S. L. Lee, G. H. Lee, W. S. Lee, "Estimation of Ship Collision Energy on the Bridge", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.24, No.5A, pp.951-960, 2004.
- E. K. Cho, K. O. Ko, J. S. Kim, "Ship-to-Bridge Structure Collision analysis", The Magazine of Korean Society of Steel Construction, Vol.16, No.3, pp.56-65, 2004.