- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Recognitions on Evacuation and Architectural Design Characteristics of Child Care Center with Disabilities
장애아 전문 어린이집 피난인식 및 건축현황 분석 연구
- Lee, Jeong-Soo (Department of Architecture, Chungnam National University) ;
- Oh, Young-Sook (Department of Architectural Engineering, Major of Achitectural Planning, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2018.07.19
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
The purposes of this study are to propose architectural design and evacuation management guidelines for child care center with disabilities. To achieve these purposes, the questionnaire has carried out for director who manage child care center and analyzed the architectural characteristics of child care center for children with disabilities. The results of this study are as follows : (1) 65.3% directors think that less than 30% of children with disabilities in child care center can evacuate by oneself, and 73.2% of child care centers have difficulties for safe evacuation because of more than 50% of children with complex disabilities. (2) The moving or visual impaired children who live more than 2nd floors are need safe refuge areas for waiting in child care centers. (3) The child care centers for children with disabilities which were renovated from housing and multi-family housing have difficulties in vertical evacuating, and needs renovating for promotion of convenience and evacuation of children with disabilities.
Architectural Design;Evacuation Management;Evacuation;Guideline;Children with Disabilities
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ministry of the Interior and Safety, "A Safety for People with Disabilities will be enforced from disaster and accident", 2017.09.24.(newsletter)
- National Emergency Management Agency, A Safety in Everyday Life for People with Disabilities, 2009.
- Seoul Metropolitan Fire & Disaster Headquarter, A Development and Distribution on Risk and Disaster Management for People with Disabilities, 2013.8.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, A Pilot Study on Disaster Prepared Manual Development for People with Disabilities, 11, 2013.
- Korea Disabled People's Development Institute, A Study on the Disabilities Comprehensive Disaster Risk Management Manual Development, -focused for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing-, 11, 2016.
- H. Y. Lee, W. J. Na, W. H. Hong, "A Study on the Physically Disabled Persons' Utilization of Underground Living Spaces and Evacuation Experiment", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea : Planning & Design, Vol.26, No.11, pp.355-362, 2010.
- J. S. Lee, "A Comparative Study on the Evacuation Preparedness and Guidelines for Peoples with Disability", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.17, No.2, pp.470-478, Feb., 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.470 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.470
- C. W. Oh, J. S. Ahn, Y. J. Oh, "A Study on the Evacuation Geographic Information for Blind People as Disaster Vulnerable Population", The Geographical Journal of Korea, Vol.51, No.2, pp.195-206, 2017.
- Korea Disabled People's Development Institute, Architectural Design and Evacuation Guidelines on Disaster Prepared in Welfare Centers for People with Disabilities, 9, 2011.
- J. S. Lee, K. S. Lee, "A Study on the Architectural Design and Evacuation Management Guidelines based on Evacuation Behaviors in Residence for People with Disabilities", Journal of the Regional Association of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol.17, No.2, pp.83-92, April, 2015.