- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Effect on Respiratory Function of the General Adult by Gait Training Based on the Way in a Speed Pattern
속도 방식에 따른 보행훈련이 일반 성인의 호흡기능에 미치는 영향
- Jeong, Hyung-Yoon (Physical therapy center, Bu-an Dream Hospital) ;
- Cho, Woon-Soo (Department of physical therapy, Nambu University) ;
- Choi, Ah-young (Department of physical therapy, Nambu University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Seong (Department of physical therapy, Nambu University)
- Received : 2018.08.02
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of gait training based on the way in a speed pattern on the respiratory function of general adults. A total of 37 people were divided into three groups to conduct fast, standard, and interval gait training. For gait training, a treadmill was used. Three groups were trained for 60 minutes, three times per week, for a period of 6 weeks. Inspiration pressure, maximum inspiration volume, and the size of diaphragm movement were measured. Repeated Measures ANOVA was used to compare times, groups, and interactions. For inspiratory pressure, maximum inspiration volume, and size changes in diaphragm movement, there were significant differences depending on the time and interaction between times and groups. For size changes in diaphragm's movement, there was a significant difference between interval gait training group and standard gait training group. Therefore, interval gait training had effects on size changes in diaphragm movement.
Diaphragm movement;Gait training;Inspiration pressure;Inspiration volume;Respiratory function
Supported by : 남부대학교
- T. Troosters, R. Casaburi, R. Gosselink, D. Marc, "Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease", American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Vol.172, No.1, pp.19-38, 2005. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200408-1109SO https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200408-1109SO
- R. P. Onders, M. Elmo, C. Kaplan, B. Katirji, R. Schilz, "Extended Use of Diaphragm Pacing in Patients with Unilateral or Bilateral Diaphragm Dysfunction: A New Therapeutic Option", Surgery, Vol.156, No.4, pp.776-786, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2014.07.021 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2014.07.021
- H. Kaneko, M. Otuska, Y. Kawashima, H. Sato, "The Effect of Upper Chest Wall Restriction on Diaphragmatic Function", Journal of Physical Therapy Science, Vol.22, No.4, pp.375-380, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1589/jpts.22.375 https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.22.375
- K. Kim, R. J. Park, & S. S. Bae, "Diaphragmatic Breathing Exercise ; Maximal Voluntary Contraction" , J Kor Soc Phys Ther, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 311-327, 2005.
- P. W. Hodges, S. C. Gandevia, "Changes in Intra-Abdominal Pressure during Postural and Respiratory Activation of the Human Diaphragm", Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.89, No.3, pp.967-976, 2000. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1152/jappl.2000.89.3.967 https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.2000.89.3.967
- S. H. Kim, J. H. Yoon, & H. H. Lee, "Analysis of Energy Expenditure According to Variable Speed and Stride Length During Treadmill Walking", Journal of Korea Sports Medicine, Vol.23, No.3, pp.293-299, 2005.
- S. H. Cha, Y. S. Ji, Y. K. Jeon, & D. B. Lee, "Change of Cardiovascular Function to Walking Type", Journal of the Korean Society for Wellness, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 49-59, 2015.
- H. I. Lee, "The Effect of Artificial Change of Velocity in Walking Exercise on Energy Consumption, Oxygen Consumption, Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, Awareness of Exercise and Respiratory Exchange Ratio", Kun-kook University, Dissertation of Master's Degree, 2015.
- S. N. Nam, & M. J. Sung, "The Study for Treadmill Exercise using Virtual Reality Simulation Program View of the Physiology", The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol.44, No.5, pp. 391-399, 2005.
- K. Yaffe, D. Barnes, M. Nevitt, L. Y. Lui, & K. Covinsky, "A Prospective Study of Physical Activity and Cognitive Decline in Eldery Women; Women Who Walk", Archives of Internal Medicine, Vol.161, No.14, pp. 1703-1708, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.161.14.1703
- J. K. Jun, S. K. Lee, & H. G. Park, "Cardiorepiratory Responses to the Types and Speeds of Walking", Exercise Science, Vol.13, No.3, pp. 289-300, 2004.
- H. G. Kang, J. B. Dingwell, "Separating the Effects of Age and Walking Speed on Gait Variability", Gait & Posture, Vol.27, No.4, pp.572-577, 2008. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2007.07.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2007.07.009
- M. J. Chung, M. J. J. Wang, "The Change of Gait Parameters during Walking at Different Percentage of Preferred Walking Speed for Healthy Adults Aged 20-60 Years", Gait & Posture, Vol.31, No.1, pp.131-135, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2009.09.013 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2009.09.013
- H. C. Lee, "A Study of Healthy Promotion of Aged People by Analysis of a Gait", Seo-nam University, Dissertation of Master's Degree, 2005.
- J. W. Yoon, "The Effect of Core Stability Exercise for Inspiratory Competence in Patient with Stroke", Yong-in University, Dissertation of Master's Degree, 2013.
- M. S. Kang, "The Effect of Exercise Intervention Method on Diaphragm Movement and Respiration Function of Child with Cerebral Palsy", Yong-in University, Dissertation of Doctoral Degree, 2015.
- W. K. Kim, "The Effects of Cardiorespiratory Response and Energy Economy to Walking Exercise with Added Diet Shoe Weight, and 8 Weeks Walking Exercise", Korea Sports Research, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 113-122, 2005.
- G. C. Lee, & Y. H. Joo, "The Effects on Body Composition, Physical Strength and Cardiopulmonary of Middle-men of Aerobic Exercise", Theses Collection, Vol.24, pp. 519-536, 2002.
- J. E. Cho, "Effects of Inspiratory Muscle Training on Inspiratory Function, Diaphragm Thickness, Walking Endurance, and Fatigue in Patients with Chronic Stroke", Sam-yook University, Dissertation of Master's Degree, 2016.
- M. Y. Jang, & G. C. Kang, "The Effects of Prolonged Training Cardiorespiratory Function and Muscular Power & Muscular Endurance on the Performance of a Long Distance Runners", Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol.40, No.3, pp. 731-746, 2001.
- C. K. Won, "The Effect of Complex Training on Muscle Strength and Cardiorespiratory of High School Sprinters", Mok-won University, Dissertation of Master's Degree, 2011.