- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Conceptual Design on Training Simulator of the Special Railway Vehicle for Multiple Tie Tamper
궤도보수 특수철도차량 탬퍼 모의훈련연습기의 개념설계
- Ahn, Seung-Ho (School of Railroad Engineering, KNUT) ;
- Kang, Jeong Hyung (Division of Technology, KORAIL) ;
- Kim, Chul Su (School of Railroad Engineering, KNUT)
- Received : 2018.08.21
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
Special railway vehicles for track maintenance are equipped with a tamping device that adjusts various track trajectories to reduce the vibration of rolling stock and improve ride quality during trains passing over a track. The development of a simulator that can confirm the error of the actual tamping work is important for reducing human error in the linearization of the track misalignment. In this study, to improve the reality and training effect of conventional 2D simulator, 3D simulator modeling was implemented for tamping work of special railway vehicles in virtual space. The problem of buffering during high screen quality of tamping work was solved using the Unwrap UVW mapping technique of a low polygon extracted from high quality polygon modeling. The human error in the training of the tamping work was detected by the principle of circle and square collision when the tamping tyne and the sleeper collided. In addition, vibration of the driving chair was generated at the same time as the collision, and the number of the sleeper strikes is displayed on the simulator exercise screen. Owing to the scattering of railway ballast protruding from the sleepers, which had a serious effect on the safety of the vehicle, the gravel bouncing effect of the tamping unit was applied.
Human Error;Multiple Tie Tamper;Railway Vehicle;Tamping Unit;Track Maintenance;Train Simulator
Supported by : 한국교통대학교, 국토교통부
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "Railway Safety Law; Enforcement Ordinance", p.1-3, 2018.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "Railway Safety Law; Enforcement Regulation", p.1-3, 2013.
- KORAIL HRD Center, "MTT Driving Practice Material", KORAIL, 2014.
- S. W. Kim, S. O. Ki and S. S. Kim, "Test of Vision Stabilizer for Unmanned Vehicle Using Virtual Environment and 6 Axis Motion Simulator", Transact. of KSME(A) vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 227-233, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.2.227
- M. K. Kim, J. W. Son, Y. T. Lee and S. H. Shin, "Development of Vehicle Environment for Real time Driving Behavior Monitoring System", Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol. 29, No. 1 pp. 17-24, 2010. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2010.29.1.017 https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2010.29.1.017
- Y. I. Choi, S. J. Kwon, S. Jang, K. H. Kim, K. Y. Cho and M. W. Seo, "A Study on Improving the Reality of the Vehicle Simulator Based on the Virtual Reality", Transact. of KSME(A) vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1162-1124, 2004.