- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Strength Assessment of 8m-class High-Speed Planing Leisure Boat
8m급 고속 활주선형 레저보트의 구조강도 평가
- Ko, Dae-Eun (Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Dong-Eui University)
- 고대은 (동의대학교 조선해양공학과)
- Received : 2018.07.27
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
Recently, research and development of high-value leisure vessels has been carried out in Korea to revitalize the marine leisure industry and tap into the global maritime leisure market. FRP composite materials, which have excellent physical properties and are available for the manufacture of light hulls, are used widely. One of the most important design technologies is to secure structural safety of leisure vessels made from FRP composite materials. In this study, the structural strength was assessed for the design of an 8-meter high-speed planing leisure boat made from FRP composite materials. The design loads to verify the structural safety were calculated according to the rules for the classification of high speed light craft (KR, 2015), and structural analysis was conducted using a finite element model composed of an isotropic shell element, which has equivalent bending rigidity with the FRP sandwich panel. The analysis results were compared with the results of the strength test for fabricated specimens, and all internal structural components are sufficiently satisfied with the structural strength.
Bottom Slamming;FRP;Leisure Boat;RTM;Strength Assessment
- J.G. Shin, J.Y. Lee, J.H. Lee, S.H. Van, S.H. Lee and J.H, Yoo, "A Study on the Structural Design and Structural Analysis for Small Yacht", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 43(1), pp.75-86, 2006. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2006.43.1.075
- J. S. Yum, J. Yoo, "Structural Strength Assessment and Optimization for 20 Feet Class Power Boat", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol.53, No.2, pp.108-114, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2016.53.2.108 https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2016.53.2.108
- U. C. Jeong, C. W. Lee, S. C. Han, "Study on Sea Trial Analysis of Wave Piercing High Speed Planing Boat", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol.31, No.5, pp.335-339, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.26748/KSOE.2017.10.31.5.335 https://doi.org/10.26748/KSOE.2017.10.31.5.335
- Korean Register, Rules for the classification of high speed light craft, 2015.
- Korean Register, Rules for the FRP vessels, 2015.
- H.C. Song and J.S. Yum, "A Study of the Mechanical Properties of Fiberglass Reinforcements with Constitution of Lay-up, Manufacturing Method, and Resins", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 24(5), pp.75-80, 2010.