- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A study on the plan for the reduction of NSD noise according to path control method
패스(Path)제어 방법을 통한 NSD 소음 저감 방안에 관한 연구
- Kim, Seon-Jin (Land-system center 5th team, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality(DTaQ)) ;
- Kim, Sung-Gon (Land-system center 5th team, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality(DTaQ)) ;
- Kang, Tae-Woo (Land-system center 5th team, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality(DTaQ)) ;
- Shin, Cheol-Ho (Land-system center 5th team, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality(DTaQ))
- 김선진 (국방기술품질원 기동화력센터 5팀) ;
- 김성곤 (국방기술품질원 기동화력센터 5팀) ;
- 강태우 (국방기술품질원 기동화력센터 5팀) ;
- 신철호 (국방기술품질원 기동화력센터 5팀)
- Received : 2018.09.04
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
This paper presents means of reducing noise in NSD using path control methods for Light Tactical Vehicles (LTV). NSD is applied to the rear axle of LTVs for enhancing mobility. NSD can improve mobility of vehicles with a high locking ratio but causes noise under certain conditions due to its mechanical structure. This noise results from contact between gears due to the differential role of NSD. The noise affects users, so users have continually requested noise reductions. Though the noise doesn't affect product performance and durability, and satisfies the National Defense's noise condition standards, users request for noise reduction is the focus of this research. Eliminating the source of sound for LTVs is realistically limited, so this research applies a path control method to reduce noise by controlling the path which transmits the noise. This study improves the structural delivery system and examines methods of reducing noise in LTV systems.
Light Tactical Vehicle;Rear axle;NSD(No Spin Differential);Noise;Path control method
- Kim, S. J. amd Park, J. W., A study on control methoid of DPF regeneration according to operation characteristic of light tactical vehicle, Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 689-695, 2018. DOI : http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.6
- Kim, H. C., Park, Y. A., and Park, J. H., Defense & Technology, Vol. 437, pp. 108-125, 2015.
- Pyoun, Y. S., Jang, Y. D., Lee, Y. C., Park, J. H. and Yeo, J. W., A study on the development of no spin differential for an off-road vehicle, The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 127-133, 2003
- Kim, S. J., The report on fracture of NSD assembly in rear axle of 1 1/4ton series truck, Defense agency for Technology and Quality technical report, DTaQ-15-4445-R, 2015,
- Lee, Y. G., Kim, J. D. and Ko, B. J., Compare with characteristic of interior noise for automobile using absorption/insulation materials, The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers fall conference, pp. 763-768, 2000
- Park, S. W., Kim, N. I., Lee, S. K., Park, K. B., Reduction of cabin interior noise using acoustic materials, Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering winter conference, pp. 853-857, 1999,
- Jo, M. H., Yoo, Y. W. and Jang, S. S., Powertrain mounting boss stiffness analysis for improving vehicle NVH, The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers fall conference, pp. 221-224, 2012.
- Jeong, S. G. and Park, D. C., R&D trend for vehicle NVH reduction technology, AUTO JOURNAL:KSAE, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 20-27, 2008.
- Javed Iqbal and Mohamed Qatu, Robustness of axle mount system for driveline NVH, SAE technical paper, No. 2003-01-1485 DOI : http://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-1485
- Zhaohui, S. Glen, S. Glenn , M. and Mark, R., NVH robustness design of axle systems, SAE technical paper, No. 2003-01-1492 DOI : http://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-1492