- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the regional cluster of munition industry by Social Network Analysis
사회연결망분석을 통한 군수품 산업의 지역별 클러스터 관계에 관한 연구
- Park, Dongsoo (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kim, JeongHwan (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Lee, Donghun (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality)
- Received : 2018.08.10
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
The Korean military supplies industry tends to become limited in terms of its development to specific areas in line with strategic promotion policies of the local private direct industrial site. However, the relation between base and small cluster is getting lower of the local industrial site. In this study, information related to authorized test reports for munitions was collected through the military quality information system and subjected to social network analysis(SNA). SNA was performed through the relationships among defense quality assurance agencies, test institutions, contracts and cooperative firms through UCINET's Two-Mode Network. In the field of weapon systems, the median technology industry, and the test analysis dependent are high in Seoul, so the analysis revealed that strengthening the infrastructure for test analysis is needed. Also, it was deemed necessary for government-driven political support. Besides, the field support system was efficiently utilizing a relatively local test analysis. It was analyzed that they are overcoming the regional boundaries of small clusters by strategically changing their contract and cooperative firms' status. The research found some spatial inconsistencies between base and small clusters in the military supplies industry, and it was judged that a political suggestion was needed.
Munition Industry Cluster;Munition Industry;Social Network Analysis;SNA;Regional Industry Cluster
Supported by : 국방기술품질원
- Ministry of National Defense, "Munition Management Law no. 2", Sep, 2015.
- Ministry of National Defense "Defense Acquisition Law no. 5", May, 2016.
- Ministry of National Defense "Defense Acquisition Enforcement Decree no. 72", November, 2016.
- M. Moon, "Industrial Agglomeration and Innovative Performance of Firms - the case of advanced electronics industry in the Capital region, Korea", Journal of Korea Planners Association, Vol.36, No.3, pp.193-212, Jun, 2001.
- K. B. Nahm, "The Paradox of Cluster Policy : Lessons from the Worst Practices", Journal of the Economic Geographical Society of Korea, Vol.7, No.3, pp.407-432, 2004.
- J. H. Jung, S. B. Kim, "The Spatial Pattern and Structure of Industrial Agglomerations in Korea: Towards a Regional Innovation System", Journal of the Economic Geographical Society of Korea, Vol.8, No.1, pp.17-29, 2005.
- S. S. Lee, Network Analysis Methods, Non-hyung Press, 2016.
- K. Y. Kwak, Social Network Analysis, 654p, Cheong Ram, 2014.
- U. C. Park, "Relational Approach for Social Network Analysis", Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol.10, No.9, pp.143-151, 2012.
- Defense Acquisition Program Administration, "Defense Acquisition Program Act no. 28", May, 2018.
- Defense Agency for Technology and Quality "Munition Quality Management Task Rule no. 22", September. 2016.
- Defense Agency for Technology and Quality "A Statistical Yearbook", 2017.