- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Relationship between Organization Culture and Emotional Leadership of Director -Young Children's Education Institute-
기관장의 감성리더십과 조직문화와의 관계 -유아교육기관을 중심으로-
- Lew, Kyoung-Hoon (Dept. of Early Childhood Education, Soongsil University Graduate School)
- 유경훈 (숭실대학교 교육대학원 유아교육전공)
- Received : 2018.08.24
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
The purpose of this study is to identify the relationship between the emotional leadership of directors and the organization culture and to examine differences in the level of emotional leadership of directors. The research results were as follows: Firstly, the relationship between emotional leadership of directors and organization culture showed a positive correlation between all sub-factors. Secondly, multiple regression analyses identified the emotional leadership's sub-factors were significant predictors of the organization culture. Thirdly, organization culture significantly differed according to the emotional leadership level. In summary, this research confirmed that there was a correlation between the emotional leadership of directors and organization culture.
director;organization culture;emotional leadership;young children;young children' education institute
- P. G. Northouse, Leadership: theory and practice. 4th ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. 2007.
- R. J. Park, E. S. Choi, "The Exploration of Leadership of School Principal, Organizational Culture and Organizational Effectiveness", The Journal of Lifelong Education and HRD, Vol.5, No.3, pp.175-198, 2009.
- I. G. Yeo, S. S. Kim, "Study on the Effect of Leadership Style by Role of Trust on Organizational Performance - Based on Securities Corporation", Korean Journal of Business Administration, Vol.18, No.2, pp.557-581, 2005.
- I. S. Tae, T. H. Kim, "The Moderating Effects of Ethical Climates on the Relationships between Emotional Leadership and Behavioral Performances", Journal of Business Research, Vol.33, No.1, pp.249-273, 2018.
- F. J. Yammarino, W. D. Spangler, B. M. Bass, "Transformational leadership and performance: A longitudinal investigation", The Leadership Quarterly, Vol.4, No.1, pp.81-102, 1993. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(93)90005-E https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(93)90005-E
- D. Goleman, R. Boyatzis, A. McKee, Primal Leadership: Realizing the Importance of Emotional Intelligence, Harvard Business School Press. 2005.
- S. G. Choi, A Study on the Relationships among Principal's Emotional Leadership, School Organizational Culture, and Teacher Efficacy. Dong_A University Graduate School Doctor's Degree. 2010.
- H. Seo, S. H. Song, "The relation between directors' emotional leadership and the organizational effectiveness of early childhood education institutions as perceived by early childhood teachers", Korean Journal of Early Childhood Education, Vol.30, No.4, pp.145-169, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2010.30.4.007 https://doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2010.30.4.007
- N. Y. Han. A study on the relationship between leadership of community welfare centers' leaders and organizational effectiveness : Focused on the Transformational Leadership and Transactional Leadership, Ehwa womans university graduate school of social welfare doctor's degree. 1999.
- T. P. Lee. Preschool teacher's satisfaction of work according to guidance of kindergarten director. Chungang university graduate school of education Master's degree. 2001.
- Y. K. Yeo. (The) effect of the leadership style of the chief of kindergarten on teacher job stress and separation intention. Chongshin university graduate school master's degree. 2003.
- U. J. Jang. The Effect of Leader 's Leadership on Teacher Efficacy and Teacher Satisfaction. Soongsil University Graduate School of Education master's degree.2005.
- Song, L. H. A study of the causal trlationships among principal's emotional leadership, LMX(Leader-Member Exchange), TMX (Team- Member Exchange), CMX (Customer-Member Exchange), and school organizational effectiveness. Inha University Graduate School Doctor's Degree. 2018.
- E. K. Song. The Causal Relationships between the Directors' Emotional Leadership, the Preschool Teachers' Role Conflicts, their Teacher Efficacy and their Organizational Commitment. Daegu university graduate school doctor's degree.
- T. F. Pettigrew, "The Ultimate Attribution Error: Extending Allport's Cognitive Analysis of Prejudice", Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol.5, No.4, pp.461-476, 1979. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1177/014616727900500407 https://doi.org/10.1177/014616727900500407
- Schein, E. H. Organizational Culture and Leadership (2nd ed.). San Francisco: JosseyBass. 1992.
- H. D. Choi, The Job Satisfaction according to the Organization Culture of Workers in Health and Welfare Town for the Elderly. Daegu hanny university graduate school doctor's degree. 2010.