- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Relationship of flow Experience, Self-esteem, Exercise adherence Intention in Youth Sports Club Participant
청소년 스포츠클럽 참여자의 몰입경험, 자아존중감, 운동지속의도 간의 관계
- Lee, Gun-Chur (Department of Physical Education, Wonkwang University)
- 이건철 (원광대학교 체육교육과)
- Received : 2018.07.27
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
The purpose of this research is to investigate the relationship of flow experience on self-esteem and exercise adherence through intention in youth sports club so that youths can continue to exercise. A non-probabilistic sampling method was used as a convenience sampling method with 257 questionnaires being analyzed by frequency, factor analysis, correlation analysis, and multiple regression analysis using the SPSS 21.0 version statistical program for Windows. The results of this study are as follows. First, cognitive flow showed a negative relationship with negative self-esteem, a positive relationship with positive self-esteem, and a positive relationship with tendency and possibility in interrelation. Behavioral flow showed a positive relationship with tendency, possibility, and reinforcement. Second, positive and negative self-esteem showed positive relationships with behavioral flow and did not show any relation. Third, reinforcement showed a positive relationship and tendency and possibility did not affect behavioral flow. It is possible to enhance self-esteem and improve physical fitness through continuous physical activities and to live a lively school life by understanding the immersion experiences of the adolescents' participation in sports clubs and by providing more appropriate physical activity information to adolescents.
flow experience;self-esteem;exercise adherence;youth;sports club;physical activity
Supported by : 원광대학교
- P. S. Lee, "Efficient Programs for Middle School Physical Education's Curriculum through Complementary Vonnection of School Physical Education and Life Sports", The Korea Journal of School Physical Education, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 1-12, 2004.
- H. K. Ahn, H. U. Cheon, "Exploration of Ways to Settle down School Physical Activity: Based on School Sport Clubs", Journal of Korean Society of Sport Police, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 13-29, 2012.
- K. Y. Yeun, "Legal Issues on the Enactment of the School Physical Education Promotion Act", The Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law, Vol.14, No.2, pp.117-157, 2011. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.19051/kasel.2011.14.2.117 https://doi.org/10.19051/kasel.2011.14.2.117
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, "2010 on Plan Foster of School Sport Club", Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, 2010.
- D. J. Noh, "The Effects of Sport Club Activity Participation on School Life Satisfaction", Unpublished Majoring in School Physical Education Graduate of the School of Education, Korea National Sport University, 2011.
- M. M, Omdei, A. J. Wearing, "Need satisfaction and involvement in personal project: toward an integrative model of subjective well-bing", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.59, No.4, pp.762-769, 1990. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1242 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1992
- C. Y. Oh, "The Influence of Perfectionism on Exercise Stress and Exercise Commitment of College Athletes", Unpublished Major in Physical Education Graduate School of Education Kyung Hee University, 2011.
- M. A. Kim, "Effects of Commitment Experience on Self-Confidence and Academic Adjustment in Dance Major Students", Unpublished Major in Physical Education Graduate School of Education Dankook University, 2015.
- S. Y. Bong, "The Effects of Sources of Enjoyment and the Level of Participation on the Sport Commitment for Basketball Club Members", Unpublished Major in Sport Psychology Department of Physical Education The Graduate School of Chung-Ang University, 2010.
- M. Csikszentmihalyi, "Beyond Boredom and Anxiety", San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1975.
- T. K. Scanlan, P. J. Carpent, G. W. Schmidt, J. P. Simons, B. Keeler, "The Sport Commitment model: Measurement development for the youth-sport domain", Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, Vol.15, No.1, pp.16-38, 1993. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1123/jsep.15.1.16 https://doi.org/10.1123/jsep.15.1.16
- D. W. Felker, "Building Positive Self-Concept", Minneapolis, Minn: Burgess Publishing Company, 1974.
- A. Bandura, "Self-efficacy: The exercise of control", New York: W.H. Freeman, 1997.
- G. C. Lee, "The Effect of Basic Psychological Needs Satisfaction on Self-esteem of the Exercise Participants", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.17, No.10, pp.490-498, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.10.490
- M. Layman, "Society and the adolescent self-image", Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 1960.
- C. B. Corbin, & R. Lindsey, "Concepts of physical fitness", Dubuque, LA: Win. C. Brown Communications, 1994.
- D. Gould, L. Petlichiff, "Participation motivation and nattrition in young athletes", In F.L. Smoll, R.A., & MaGill, M.J. Ash(Eds.), Children in sports(3rd ed., pp. 161-167), Champaign, IL: HumanKinetics, 1998.
- E. McAuley, "Self-referent thought in sport and physical activity", In T.S. Hom(ed). Advances in sport psychology, Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL, pp. 108-118, 1992.
- H. S. Becker, "Note on the concept of connitment", American Sociological Review, Vol.66, pp. 32-40, 1960. https://doi.org/10.1086/222820
- H. H. Kelley, "Love and commitment", In H.H. Kelley, E. Berscheid, A. Christensen, J.H. Harvey, T.L. Huston, G. Levinger, E. McClintock, L.A. Peplau, & D.R. Petersen(Eds.), Close relationship (265-314). New york: W.H. Freeman and Company, 1983.
- M. H. Moon, "Study for the Correlation between Exercising Immersion by the Perception of Self-efficacy, and the Competition Anxiety of an Aerobic Gymnastics Athlete", Unpublished Dept. of Physical Education The Graduate school of Education Kook Min University, 2013.
- M. Rosenberg, "Society and The adolescent self-image", Princeton, N. J.: Princeton University Press, 1965.
- B. J. Jon, "Self-esteem : A test of it's Measur avility", Journal of Yonsei, Vol. 11, pp. 107-129, 1974.
- J. H. Cho, E. G. Nam, "Setting Health - related Physical Fitness Criterion Standard & Developing Internet Resources for College Women", The 2000 Seoul International Sport Science Congress, pp. 1115-1122, 2000.
- E. M. Jeung, "The effects of participation in fitness club on physical self-efficacy and life satisfaction of middle aged woman", Unpublished Major in Physical Education Graduate School of Education Sogang University, 2008.
- J. H. Park, "The Effect of the Physical Self-efficacy of a Swimming Participant on Swimming Commitment", Unpublished Major in Physical Education Graduate School of Education Pusan University of Foreign Studies Pusan, 2005.
- H. J. Kim, S. H. Seol, Y. J. Yoon, "The Relationship among Golf Participants Self-esteem, Flow and Psychological Well-being", Journal of Coaching Development, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 85-92, 2013.
- H. J. Seo, Y. J. Kim, "The Relationships among Sport Participation, Athlete Satisfaction, and Intention to Sport Continuance and Withdrawal of Adolescent Athletes", The Korea Journal of Physical Education, Vol.44, No.2, pp. 97-107, 2005.
- E. E. Snyder, E. Spreitzer, "Participation in Sport as Related to Educational Expectations among High School Girls", Sociology of Education, Vol.50, No.1, pp.47-55, 1977. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2112644 https://doi.org/10.2307/2112644
- Y. M. Kim, H. W. Han, "The Influence of Enjoyment of Dancesports on Leisure Flow Experience and Leisure Satisfaction", The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol.44, No.6, pp. 193-202, 2005.
- S. R. Hwang, "Analysis of the Relationship among Exercise Commitment, Exercise Addiction, and Exercise Adherence in Sport for All Participant", Unpublished Physical Education Major Graduate School of Education Sunchon National University, 2012.
- S. K. Kim, "Effects of Golf Participants' Flow Experiences on Exercise Adherence", Unpublished Department of Sport management Graduate School of Business Administration Dankook University, 2011.
- C. G. Oh, "Relationship among Needs of Exercise, Exercise Commitment, and Exercise Adherence of Swimming Participants", Unpublished Major in Sport Science Graduate School of Education Dankook University, 2010.
- H. Baek, S. S. Shim, "Analysis of Causal Model on the Leisure Experience, Leisure Function, Flow Experience and Sport Continuance Intention of Leisure Sports Participants", The Korea Journal of Physical Education, Vol.50, No.6, pp. 337-352, 2011.