- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Study on the Satisfaction of the Education programs: Focus on Adult Learner at the Lifelong Education Institutes of University
대학부설 평생교육원의 교육만족도와 영향요인에 관한 연구
- Choi, Young-Joon (College of Liberal Education, Dankook University) ;
- Park, Geum-Ju (Center for Teaching and Learning, Dankook University)
- Received : 2018.07.26
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
This study was conducted to survey 1,067 adult learners who are attending lifelong education center in universities in Seoul, Gyeonggi-do, and Chungcheongnam-do in order to understand educational satisfaction and its effects factors. Educational satisfaction is composed the following factors: overall satisfaction, instructor, education contents, education methods, educational facilities and environment, and staff service. Also, we had a conditional factor in educational satisfaction for this survey; for example, the analysis of correlation at the education satisfaction variables between age, region, and gender. The key study results are as follows. First, the overall educational satisfaction was higher than the level of averages in the lifelong institute of the universities. Second, the highest factor was the satisfaction at the adult learners which is instructors in their curriculums among various factors; however, the staff service was the lowest. The third, the main variables influencing educational satisfaction were instructors, education contents, and facilities and environments of the institutes. To be specific, the explanatory power of these three variables was about 36 percent of the total effects on the satisfaction of education. Therefore, the implication for managing the lifelong education institutes for the adult learners are that the institutes and universities should have a priority in these areas: instructors, education contents, and facilities and environments.
adult learner;life-long education institute;satisfaction of the education;life-long education;variables
- Ministry of education, The Rorth Basic Plan for Promotion of Lifelong Education(2018-2022), 2018
- National institute for lifelong education, The Strategy for Future Development of Lifelong Education for Intelligence Information Society, 2016
- S. C. Oh, Analysis on the Trends of Research on University-Affiliated Lifelong Education Centers-Focusing on master's and doctor's theses in Korea-, Unpublished Master's thesis, Jungwon University, 2018.
- S. S. Ko, "A Status Quo of Life Time Learning through University and a Case Study in Fine Arts Education in Jeju", Journal of educational Research Institute, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 25-71, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15564/jeri.2007.12.9.2.25
- C. S. Lee, A Study on the Managing Status and the Satisfaction Levels of Learners at University Lifelong Education Institutions, Unpublished Master's thesis, Yonsei University, 2009.
- E. H. Lee, A Study on the Actual Conditions of Art Education and the Promotion Plans for Learning: Focusing on the Lifelong Education Center of Universities in Incheon Area, Unpublished Master's thesis, Incheon University, 2009.
- J. H. Lee, Analysis of the current situation of continuing education and future development research: Focused on 3 affiliated college departments in the area of Incheon, kyunggi province, Unpublished Master's thesis, Korea Polytechnic University, 2009.
- S. H. We, A study on satisfaction with university lifelong education and an actual condition of university lifelong education, Unpublished Master's thesis, Daejin university, 2010.
- Y. J. Hwang, A Study on the Continuing Education Program for Certificate of Music: Focuson the Programs in the Universities in Seoul, Unpublished Master's thesis, Ewha Woman's University, 2012.
- H. T. Min, A Survey of University Lifelong Education Center in A University, Unpublished Master's thesis, Korea University, 2014.
- National institute for lifelong education, A Survey on the Satisfaction of Lifelong Education, 2016.
- J. A. Lee, A Study of Current Operational Conditions of University-Affiliated Life-long Education Institute Programs-Based on the Cases of Five Universities in Jeollabuk-do, Korea, Unpublished Master's thesis, Wonkwang University, 2016.
- Korean education statistics service, [cited 2017], Available From: https://kess.kedi.re.kr. (accessed Aug, 12, 2018)