- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Study of Human Rights Sensitivity and the Types of Perception in regards to Human Rights for College Students
대학생의 인권감수성 수준과 인권인식 유형에 관한 연구
- Shim, Tae Een (Competency Development Center, Dongguk University) ;
- Lee, Song Yi (Dharma College, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2018.07.20
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the level of human rights sensitivity and the types of perception in regards to the human rights of college students to enhance their human rights sensitivity. The study methodology included a t-test and variance analysis for the level of human rights sensitivity, and a Q-factor analysis for the perception types of human rights. As a result of examining whether there is a difference in human right sensitivity, it was found that female students were higher than male students, and juniors and seniors were higher than freshmen and sophomores. The human rights sensitivity of the students in the social and science department were the highest, and those who had volunteer experiences were more susceptible to human rights than those who did not. Students who registered for organ donation were higher than those who did not, and those who received human rights education showed higher human rights susceptibility than those who did not. Four perception types of human rights were analyzed 'universal social moralists', those who have an idealistic mindset and make decisions based on moral standards, 'practical realists', those who have no intention of breaking out of the social norm and who do not want to take any risks for human rights, 'social system advocates', those who have a clear understanding of the basic human rights concept, but don't think that they should break the rules of society for the sake of individual rights, and 'social contracts advocates', those who are willing to bend the rules of society for human rights, but not to the extent of ruining relationships. These study results are expected to contribute to the possibility of the social viewpoint that human rights sensitivity can be developed in the context of social experience as well as perception.
College students;Human rights sensitivity;Social experience;Perception;Q methodology
- Y. L. Moon, M. H. Moon, Y J. Guak, "Developing indicators of psychological scale for human righis sensitivity in Korea", University of Seoul, National Human Rights Commission, 2002.
- B. S. Hong, Y. A. AH, "The Influence of Human Right Sensitivity on School Violence Behavior among Adolescents", Journal of School Social Work, Vol.23, pp.307-335, 2012.
- Y. J. Chom "A Study on the relationship between Human Righrs Sensitivity and Tendency to Support For Human Rights in Practice : The case of High School in the Kyonggi region", University of Kyung Hee, 2006.
- Kohlberg. L. "The Philosophy of Moral Development", New York : Haper & Row. 1981.
- Y. S. Lee, "A Path Analysis between right Sensitivity of Social Workers and Case Advocacy, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment, and Turnover Intention", University of Kyonggi, 2016.
- H. Park, "Human Rights Sensitivity of Undergraduates in Social Welfare Classes : Focused on Adult Leamer in On-line university", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.13, No8, pp191-200, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.08.191 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.08.191
- Y. J. Kim, K. J. Cho, "A Study on the Educational Effects of a Human Rights Course on Adult Learners' Human Rights Sensitivity in an on-line University", The Journal of Educational Research, Vol.15, No.1, pp.27-53, 2017.
- J. J. Kim, "Study on the Factors affecting the Social Workers' Perception on Human Rights in The Residential Homes of the Disabled" University of Gongju, 2011.
- H. J. Kim, "Analysis about the Perception Gap on the Human Rights Status Quo in Social Workers", Journal of Community Welfare, Vol.34, pp.109-132, 2010.
- National Human Rights commission, "A Study on the Development of Human Rights-friendly University culture", 2009.
- National Human Rights commission, "An Exposition of Human Rights", 2011.
- J. O. Park, "A study on Human Rights sensitivity and Human Rights awareness among college students", Chung-Ang University, 2014.
- H. K. Kim, S. J. OH, "The Psychological Typologies among Social Network Service Users : Toward the Possibility of New Communication", Journal of Korean Society for the Scientific Study of Subjectivity, Vol.22, pp.161-177, 2011.
- S. E. Kim, "Ethical Values and Human Rights Sensitivity in Nursing Students", Korea Journal of Healthcare Ethics, Vol.18, No.2, pp.117-128, 2015.
- S. Y. Jung, "A Study on the Human Rights Sensitivity of Professionals in the Mental Hospital", Mental Health & Social Work, Vol.23, pp.59-87, 2006.
- H. G. Kim, S. Y. Kim, "A Study on the Effect of the Experiential Legislative Activity Class upon youth' Human Rights Consciousness", Theory and Research in Citizenship Education, Vol.47, No.4, pp.37-62, 2015.