- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A study on the curing characteristics of multi-concentrating UV-LED Curable Coating
다중 집광성 UV-LED 경화형 코팅의 경화특성에 관한 연구
- Jung, Chan-Gwon (ICT Fusion Green Energy Research Institute, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kim, Beom-Su (SongBaek E&S Corporation) ;
- Park, Dae-Hee (Department of Information Communication, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2018.07.20
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
We investigated the curing properties of cured coatings for a multi-focal UV-LED. The coatings are for LEDs that operate at multiple UV wavelengths, unlike conventional single-wavelength UV-LEDs. Using UV-LED light sources with wavelengths of 365, 395, 420, and 450 nm, we analyzed the optical characteristics such as the direction of light flux and light source. We also analyzed the curing characteristics at each UV-LED wavelength to optimize the LED for composite wavelengths. The curing performance state was predicted through computer simulation for when the multiple wavelengths of UV light sources are superimposed, and then actual LEDs were designed and fabricated. To improve the internal high-speed curing, a multi-spot module was fabricated, in which each LED is condensed, and multiple wavelengths are synthesized and condensed at the same position. The adhesive strength, surface hardness, and internal hardness of the curing agent were tested by varying the wavelength combination conditions. The surface hardening and internal hardening were compared and analyzed using a hardness tester and FT-IR analyzer. As a result, the characteristics of the surface and internal hardness were improved by a multi-spot method in which four wavelengths were overlapped in a UV-LED rather than a single wavelength.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- J. D. Cho, S. T. Hanb, J. W. Hong, "A novel in situ relative-conductivity-based technique for monitoring the cure process of UV-curable polymers". Polymer Testing, vol. 26, pp. 71-76, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymertesting.2006.08.008
- J. D. Cho, J. W. Hong, "Photo-curing kinetics for the UV-initiated cationic polymerization of a cycloaliphatic diepoxide system photosensitized by thioxanthone", European polymer journal, vol. 41, pp. 367-374, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2004.10.006
- J. Feng, L. Zhu, C. Lu, S.Teng, M. W. young, C.G. Gogos, "A new fluidized bed coating process via photo-initiated cationic polymerization", Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 49, pp. 1107-1116, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.21362
- J. k. Sheu, S. j. Chang, C. H. Kuo, Y. K. Su, L. w. Wu, Y. C. Lin, W. C. Lai, j. M. Tsai, G. C. Chi, and R. K. Wu, "White-light emission from near UV InGaN-GaN LED chip precoated with blue/green/red phosphors". IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 15, pp. 18-20, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/LPT.2002.805852
- Y. D. Huh, J. H. Shin, Y. H. Kim, and Y. R. Do, "White light-emitting diodes of GaN-based Sr2SiO4:Eu and the luminescent properties", Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, pp. 683-685, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1544055
- Y. D. Huh, J. H. Shin, Y. H. Kim, and Y. R. Do, "Optical Properties of Three-Band White Light Emitting Diodes", Journal of The Electrochemical Society, vol. 150, pp. 57-60, 2003.
- B. S. Kim, D. H. Park, "The study of polymer hardened characteristic using the UV-LED multiplex concentrate lighting method", Wonkwang University Master's thesis, 2017.
- E. fred schubert, "Light Emitting Diodes", Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- C. L. Tseng, M. J. Youh, G. P. Moore, and M. A. Hopkins, "Mechanism for the increased light transmission through Ni/Au/ZnO contacts on p-GaN for high power optoelectronic devices", Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, pp. 3677, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1619558
- K. H. Huang, J. G. Yu, C. P. Kuo, R. M. Fletcher, T. D. Osentowski, L. J. Stison, and M. G. Craford, "Twofold efficiency improvement in high performance AlGaInP light-emitting diodes in the 555-620 nm spectral region using a thick GaP window layer", Applied Physics Letters, vol. 61. pp. 1045, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.107711
- H. Sugawara, M. Ishikawa, and G. Hatakoshi, "Highefficiency InGaAlP/GaAs visible light emitting diodes", Applied Physics Letters, vol. 58, pp. 1010, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.104407
- Q. D. zhuang, "Molecular beam epitaxy(MBE) growth of nitride semiconductors", Woodhead publish, 2014.
- Sina Ebnesajjad, "Handbook of Adhesives and Surface Preparation: Technology, Applications and Manufacturing", Elsevier, 2010.
- H. Coyard, P. Deligny, N. Tuck, "Resins for Surface Coatings Volume 1 2nd edition", J. Wiley, 2001.
- J. Segurola, N. Allen, M. Edge, I. Roberts, "Photochemistry and Photoinduced Chemical Crosslinking Activity of Acrylated Prepolymers by Several Commercial Type Far UV Photoinitiators", Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 65, pp. 153-160, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-3910(99)00003-8
- J. V. Crivello & K. Dietliker, "Photoinitiators for Free Radical Cationic & Anionic Photopolymerization", J. Wiley, 1998.
- Norman S. Allen, "Photoinitiators for UV and Visible Curing of Coatings: Mechanisms and Properties", Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, vol. 100, pp. 101-107, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1010-6030(96)04426-7