- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on Knowledge, Attitude, toward Patient Safety and Patient Safety Care Activities among Long-Term Care Hospitals' Nursing Assistants
요양병원 간호보조인력의 환자안전에 대한 지식, 태도 및 환자 안전활동
- Received : 2018.07.06
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
This study investigated knowledge and attitudes of long-term care hospital nursing assistants such as nursing aides and direct care workers toward patient safety and their safety care activities. This was a descriptive study that attempted to enhance the competence of nursing assistants' patient safety management, and the data were used to develop a training program for nursing assistants. A total of 230 nursing assistants working at six hospitals whose wards were over 200 participated and were assessed with a rating 1 or 2 in 2013 in B city. Data were collected using questionnaires from March 2 to March 26 in 2017. The collected data were analyzed by the SPSS/WIN 20.0 program using number, percentage, mean, standard deviation, t-test, ANOVA,
Attitude of Patient Safety;Knowledge of Patient Safety;Long-Term Care Hospital;Nursing Assistants;Patient Safety Activities
- E. Y. Byun. Geriatric Hospital Nurses' Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety CareActivity (2014), Catholic University of Pusan
- Korea Consumer Agency(2016). http://blog.naver.com/koreakca7/220778514163.
- H. S. Ahn, "Patient care and management in long term care hospitals", Health Policy Forum, Vol.12, No.3, pp.90-94, 2015.
- Korean Statistical Information Service. http://kosis.kr/wnsearch/totalSearch.jsp. 2016.
- M. R. Sim, K. H. Kim, "Job Satisfaction, Self-Esteem, and Nursing Task Performance among Registered Nurses and Nurse Assistants in Long-Term Care Hospitals", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol.16, No.4, pp.446-454, 2010. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.4.446
- E. K. Kim, M. A. Kang, H. J. Kim, "Experience and Perception on Patient Safety Culture of Employees in Hospitals", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.13, No.3, pp.321-332, 2007.
- J. H. Choi, K. M. Lee, M. A. Lee, "Relationship between Hospital Nurses' Perceived Patient Safety Culture and Their Safety Care Activities", The Korean journal of fundamentals of nursing, Vol.17, No.1, pp.64-72, 2010.
- S. J. Park, "A Study on Hospital Nurse's Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Care Activity", Dong-A University of Busan, 2009.
- R. Schnall, P. Stone, L. Currie, K. Desjardins, R. M. John, S. Bakken, "Development of a Self-Report Instrument to Measure Patient Safety Attitudes, Skills, and Knowledge", Journal of Nursing Scholarship, Vol.40, No.4, pp.391-394, 2008. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2008.00256.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2008.00256.x
- R. Flin, R. Patey, J. Jackson, K. Mearns, U. Dissanayaka, "Year 1 medical undergraduates' knowledge of and attitudes to medical error", Medical Education, Vol.43, No.12, pp.1147-1155, 2009. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2923.2009.03499.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2923.2009.03499.x
- Coreil, J., "Health behavior in developing country", In D. S. Gochman (Ed.). Handbook of health behavior research III 182-183. New York: Plenum Press. 1997.
- S. H. Choi, H. Lee, "Factors Affecting Nursing Students' Practice of Patient Safety Management in Clinical Practicum", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.21, No.2, pp.184-192. 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.2.184 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.2.184
- M. J. Park, I. S. Kim, Y. L. Ham, "Development of a Perception of Importance on Patient Safety Management Scale (PI-PSM) for Hospital Employee", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.13, No.5, pp.332-341, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.05.332 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.05.332
- Korean Statistical Information Service (2016). http://kosis.kr/wnsearch/totalSearch.jsp.
- J. H. Park. "Knowledge, Attitude, and Confidence on Skill of Nursing Students toward Patient Safet", Keimyung University of Daegu. 2011.
- J. Park., M. Park, "Knowledge, Attitude, and Confidence on Patient Safety of Undergraduate Nursing Students", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.20, No.1, pp.5-14. 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.5 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.5
- Y. H. Hyeon, "The Relationship Among Self-Efficacy, Attitude of Patient Safety, and Safety Care Performance, in Nursing Students", Keimyung University of Daegu, 2015.
- W. S. Madigosky, L. A. Headrick, K. Nelson, K. R. Cox, T. Anderson, "Changing and sustaining medical students' knowledge, skills, and attitudes about patient safety and medical fallibility", Academic Medicine, Vol.81, No.1, pp.94-101, 2006. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00001888-200601000-00022 https://doi.org/10.1097/00001888-200601000-00022
- H. W. Cho, J. H. Yang. "Relationship between Perceived Patient Safety Culture and Patient Safety Management Activities among Health Personnel", The Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol.19, No.1, pp.35-45, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.1.035
- E. J. Kim, "Factors affecting the Patient Safety Attitude and Safety Control on Safety Care Activities among Nurses in Small and Medium-sized Hospitals", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.17, No.7, pp.564-572. 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.564 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.564
- C. Hawk, J. K. Hyland, R. Rupert, M. Colonvega, S. Hall, "Assessment of balance and risk for falls in a sample of community-dwelling adults aged 65 and older", Chiropractic & Manual Therapies, Vol.14, Article ID 3, 2006. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1746-1340-14-3
- M. R. Sim, K. H. Kim, "Job Satisfaction, Self-Esteem, and Nursing Task Performance among Registered Nurses and Nurse Assistants in Long-Term Care Hospitals", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol.16, No.4, pp.446-454, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.4.446 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.4.446
- S. H. Son. "A Study on Nursing Students' Knowledge, Attitude, Confidence in Performance and Practice in Safety Mnagement", Keimyung University of Daegu. 2016.
- S. S. Huh, H. Y. Kang, "The Attitude of Patient Safety and Patient Safety Management Activity in Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.16, No.8, pp.5458-5467, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5458 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5458