- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Trends of Construction Safety Accident in Unstructured Text Using Topic Modeling
비정형 텍스트 기반의 토픽 모델링을 이용한 건설 안전사고 동향 분석
- Lee, Sang-Gyu (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- 이상규 (한국건설기술연구원)
- Received : 2018.06.27
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
In order to understand and track the trends of construction safety accident, this study shows the topic trends in the construction safety accident with LDA(Latent Dirichlet Allocation)-based topic modeling method for data analytics. Especially, it performs to figure out the main issue of construction safety accident with unstructured data analysis based on the topic modeling rather than a variety of structured data analysis for preventing to safety accident in construction industry. To apply this methodology, I randomly collected to 540 news article data about construction accident from January 2017 to February 2018. Based on the unstructured data with the LDA-based topic modeling, I found the 10 topics and identified key issues through 10 keyword in each 10 topics. I forecasted the topic issue related to construction safety accident based on analysis of time-series trends about the news data from January 2017 to February 2018. With this method, this research gives a hint about ways of using unstructured news article data to anticipate safety policy and research field and to respond to construction accident safety issues in the future.
Unstructured data;Construction Safety Accident;Topic Modeling;Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA);News Article;Time-Series
Supported by : 국가과학기술연구회
- S. Y. Choi, S. I. Choi, W. S. Yu, "A Study in Improvement of Current Problems of Safety Management System in Korean Construction Industry", Construction Economy Research Institute of Korea Report, 2017.
- J. W. Lee, S. K. Kim, "Complementary Research and Analysis for Hadoop", The Korea Society of Computer and Information Winter Conference 2012, Vol.20, No.2, pp.3-6, July, 2012.
- C. Liu, N. Kim, "Individual Interests Tracking : Beyond Macro-level Issue Tracking", Journal of Information Technology Services, Vol.13, No.4, pp.275-287, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.9716/kits.2014.13.4.275 https://doi.org/10.9716/KITS.2014.13.4.275
- D. H. Jeong, M. Song, "Time gap analysis by the topic model-based temporal technique", Journal of Informetrics, Vol.8, No.3, pp.776-790, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.joi.2014.07.005 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joi.2014.07.005
- S. H. Min, "Investigating Dynamic Mutation Process of Issues Using Unstructured Text Analysis", Journal of Intelligence and Information Systems, Vol.22, No.1, pp.139-157, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.13088/jiis.2016.22.1.139 https://doi.org/10.13088/JIIS.2016.22.1.139
- D. M. Park, "News source network analysis as big data analytics of news articles", Korean Society for Journalism and Communication Studies, Vol.57, No.6, pp.234-262, 2012.
- J. H. Lee, H. K. Lee, "A study on unstructured text mining algorithm through R programming based on data dictionary", Journal of the Korea Industrial Information Systems Research, Vol.20, No.2, pp.113-124, 2015 DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.9723/jksiis.2015.20.2.113 https://doi.org/10.9723/jksiis.2015.20.2.113
- D. M. Blei, A. Y. Ng, M. I. Jordan, "Latent Dirichlet allocation", Journal of Machine Learning Research, Vol.3, pp.993-1022, 2003.
- D. Jeong, J. Kim, G. N. Kim, J. U. Heo, B. W. On, M. Kang, "A Proposal of a Keyword Extraction System for Detecting Social Issues", Journal of Intelligence and Information Systems, Vol.19, No.3, pp.1-23, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.13088/jiis.2013.19.3.001 https://doi.org/10.13088/jiis.2013.19.3.001
- J. H. Park, M. Song, "A Study on the Research Trends in Library and Information Science in Korea using Topic Modeling", Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, Vol.30, No.1, pp.7-32, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3743/kosim.2013.30.1.007 https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2013.30.1.007
- T. K. Kim, H. R. Choi, H. C. Lee, "A study on the research trends in fintech using topic modeling", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.17, No.11, pp.670-681, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/kais.2016.17.11.670
- J. H. Park, H. J. Oh, "Comparison of Topic Modeling Methods for Analyzing Research Trends of Archives Management in Korea : focused on LDA and HDP", Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, Vol.48, No.4, pp.235-258, 2017. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.48.201712.235
- J. H. Bae, N. G. Han, M. Song, "Twitter Issue Tracking System by Topic Modeling Techniques", Journal of Intelligence and Information Systems, Vol.20, No.2, pp.109-122, June, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.13088/jiis.2014.20.2.109 https://doi.org/10.13088/JIIS.2014.20.2.109
- B. Kang, M. Song, W. Jho, "A Study on Opinion Mining of Newspaper Texts based on Topic Modeling,", Journal of the Korean Library and Information Science Society, Vol.47, No.4, pp.315-334, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4275/kslis.2013.47.4.315
- J. S. Park, S. G. Hong, J. W. Kim, "A Study on Science Technology Trend and Prediction Using Topic Modeling", Journal of the Korea Industrial Information Systems Research, Vol.22, No.4, pp.19-28, 2016. https://doi.org/10.9723/JKSIIS.2017.22.4.019
- K. S. Shin, H. R. Choi, H. C. Lee, "Topic Model Analysis of Research Trend on Renewable Energy", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.16, No.9, pp.6411-6418, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6411 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6411
- B. Kang, M. Song, W. Jho, "A Study on Opinion Mining of Newspaper Texts based on Topic Modeling,", Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, Vol.47, No.4, pp.315-334, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4275/kslis.2013.47.4.315 https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2013.47.4.315