- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of Code System for Systematic Accumulation and Utilization of Disaster Safety Data
재난안전 데이터의 체계적인 축적·활용을 위한 코드체계 개발
- Jung, In-Su (Department of Construction Policy Research, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology(KICT))
- 정인수 (한국건설기술연구원 건설정책연구소)
- Received : 2018.07.19
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
To cope with the increasing number of natural disasters in recent years, managers in the National Disaster and Safety Status Control Center, who have considerable experience and skills, are regarded highly important. Although the National Disaster and Safety Status Control Center oversees the disaster-status control tasks in preparation for various natural and social disasters, there is little data due to the frequent replacement of managers. Therefore, this study developed a disaster-safety code system that tracks and manages disaster information, because the current record management and amount of information sharing remains very low. Among 22 natural and social disaster types, this study targeted four types of disasters: heavy snow, strong winds, high seas, and heavy rain. The final disaster-safety data code system was proposed through the following processes: analysis of the code systems of disaster areas in Korea and overseas, setup of the implementation of directions, development of the classification system, and categorization. For the systematic accumulation of data, the four code systems were integrated into one. A prototype system was developed and operated to verify the validity of the proposed code system. The results showed that data were accumulated and services were provided accordingly with respect to the proposed code system. If past data are accumulated and utilized according to the proposed code system in this study, it will be helpful in the decision making process to respond to new types of disasters, based on past experiences.
Breakdown structure;Code system;Natural disaster;Safety;Social disaster
Supported by : 행정안전부
- Korea Institute of Construction & Building Technology, "Introduction of Development of the Standardization technology for disaster management Project", KICT zine, pp.46-48, 2018.
- Ministry of the Interior and Safety (MOIS), "Development of the Standardization technology for disaster management", National Disaster Management Research Institute, p.1, 2017.
- Telecommunications Technology Association, "Classification Scheme for Development of Integrated Metadata for Disaster and Safety Information", 2018
- Advisera, "ISO 27001:2013 vs. ISO 22301:2012 Matrix, 27001 Academy", 2017.
- NFPA, "1600 Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs", 2004.
- NFPA, "1600 Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity/Continuity of Operations Programs", 2016.
- FEMA, "NEMIS HMGP User Manual", 2015.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, "A Study on the Improvement of Construction Standards and Operation System", Korea Institute of Construction & Building Technology, 2011.
- I. S. Jung, "Case Analysis for Establishment of Disaster Data Code System", 2017 Proceedings of KAIS Annual Conference, pp.288-289, 2017.
- Korea Institute of Construction & Building Technology, "A letter of overseas business trip : A Survey and Analysis on the Current State of Disaster Management in Japan", pp.2-4, 2017.
- Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning, "A Foundation for the Improvement and Application of the National Classification of Science and Technology in 2015", 2015.
- National Emergency Management Agency, "A Study on the Establishment of Disaster Information Transmission System Using DMB", 2006.
- FRAMEWORK ACT ON THE MANAGEMENT OF DISASTERS AND SAFETY, Article 3(2018)