- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study on Impact Properties of Polyamide 12 depending on Temperature by Selective Laser Sintering Process
선택적 레이저 소결 공정 적용 폴리아미드 12의 온도별 충격 특성에 관한 연구
- Kim, Moosun (Urban Transit Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- 김무선 (한국철도기술연구원 도시철도연구팀)
- Received : 2018.07.17
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
Additive manufacturing process technology, known as the 3D printing process, is expanding its utilization from simple model realization to commercialized part production based on continuous material development. Recently, research and development have been actively carried out to fabricate lightweight and high-strength parts using polymers, such as polyamide (polyamide), which is a high-strength engineering plastic material. In this study, the Izod impact characteristics were analyzed for polyamide 12 (PA12) materials. For the specimen production, selective laser sintering process technology, which has excellent mechanical properties of finished products, was applied. In addition, PA12 and glass bead reinforced PA12 materials were produced. The specimens were classified according to the production direction on the production platform, and each specimen was subjected to an Izod test at test temperatures of
Building orientation;Impact property;Polyamide 12;Selective laser sintering;Temperature
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- T. J. Gornet, K. R. Davis, T. L. Starr, K. M. Mulloy, "Characterization of selective laser sintering materials to determine process stability", Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium, University of Texas in Austin, USA, pp.546-553, 2002.
- J. Choren, V. Gervasi, T. Herman, S. Kamara, J. Mitchell, "SLS powder life study", Proceedings of Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium, University of Texas at Austin, USA, pp.39-44, 2001.
- V. E. Beal, R. A. Paggi, G. V. Salmoria, A. Lago, "Statistical evaluation of laserenergy density effect on mechanical properties of polyamide parts manufactured by selective laser sintering", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol.113, No.5, pp.2910-2919, 2009. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1002/app.30329 https://doi.org/10.1002/app.30329
- E. G. Yun, J. B. Park, J. S. Kim, J. W. Lee, S. Y. Lee, S. H. Lee, "The effect of additive manufacturing process parameters on the mechanical properties of 3D printing material for selective laser sintering", Proceeding of KSMTE 2015 Spring Conference, pg.142, 2015.
- B. Caulfield, P. E. McHugh, S. Lohfeld, "Dependence of mechanical properties of polyamide components on build parameters in the SLS process", Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.182, No.1-3, pp.477-488, 2007. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2006.09.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2006.09.007
- H. C. H. Ho, W. L. Cheung, I. Gibson, "Morphology and Properties of Selective Laser Sintered Bisphenol A Polycarbonate", Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Vol.42, No.9, pp.1850-1862, 2003. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ie0206352 https://doi.org/10.1021/ie0206352
- H. J. Lee, "Structure Optimization and 3D Printing Manufacture Technology of Pull Cord Switch Components Applied to Power Plant Coal Yard", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.17, No.10, pp.319-330, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/kais.2016.17.10.319
- H. J. Jung, J. H. Kim, "Fabrication of Piezo-Driven Micropositioning Stage using 3D Printer", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.31, No.3, pp.277-283, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.7736/kspe.2014.31.3.277 https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2014.31.3.277
- M. Kim, "Design and Manufacturing Technology of Heat Exchanger in Air Compressor for Railroad Vehicle by 3D Printing Process", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.18, No.11, pp.802-809, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.11.802
- ASTM D256-10, Standard Test Methods for Determining the Izod Pendulum Impact Resistance of Plastics, ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbour Drive Pennsylvania, USA, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1520/d0256-10e01