- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Quality Evaluations of Induction Motor Rotors during Die Casting Process
유도전동기 회전자 금형주조 시 품질평가
- Park, Sang-Chul (Department of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Koje College)
- 박상철 (거제대학교 조선해양공학과)
- Received : 2018.07.09
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
This study examined the cast quality of small-sized induction motor rotors during the die casting process. Numerical analyses with 3-dimensional half models were performed to investigate the filling patterns of aluminum molten metals into a mold after high-speed injections. The following were obtained from numerical analyses and experimental results. First, molten metals started to fill the lower end ring, then moved horizontally to fill the core slot and upper end ring, and finally stopped to fill the rotor core slot. Second, circulation of molten metals occurred at the lower end ring, resulting considerable porosity at the section of lower end ring from the experimental results. Third, further work for obtaining sound quality of rotor core cast is required to develop a new shape of the rotor core cast or improve the die casting conditions.
Induction Motor;Rotor;Die Casting;Rotor Core;Aluminum Cast;Filling Analysis
- J. Campbell, "Complete Casting Handbook", Elsevier, 2011.
- M. O. Durowoju, "Numerical Characterization of the Pores and the Determination of the Point Of Crack Initiation in Some Cast Aluminum Alloys", International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, Vol.3, No.2, pp.1229-1237, March, 2013.
- R. Podprocka, J. Malik, D. Bolibruchova, "Defects in High Pressure Die Casting Process", Manufacturing Technology, Vol.15, No.4, pp.674-678, 2015.
- B. G. Jeong, H. K. Kwon, "A Case Study on Developing Automotive Part(Housing) by Filling and Solidification Analysis", Journal of Society of Korea Industrial and System Engineering, Vol.38, No.1, pp.44-51, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2014.38.1.44 https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2014.38.1.44
- AnyCasting Co., Ltd., version 1.1
- Y. L. Hsu, C. C. Yu, "Computer Simulation of Casting Process of Aluminium Wheels - A Case Study", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Vol.220, No.2, pp.203-211, 2006. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1243/09544054JEM381 https://doi.org/10.1243/09544054JEM381
- Y. Otsuka, "Experimental Verification and Accuracy Improvement of Gas Entrapment and Shrinkage Porosity Simulation in High Pressure Die Casting Process", Materials Transactions, Vol.55, No.1, pp.154-160, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.2320/matertrans.F-M2013835 https://doi.org/10.2320/matertrans.F-M2013835