- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Yoke Tube Crack Inspection by Using Acoustic Resonance Spectral Analysis
음향 공진 스펙트럼 분석을 통한 요크 튜브 크랙 검사
- Yeom, Woo-Jung (Department of Electronics Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Hong, Yeon-Chan (Department of Electronics Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Young (Department of Physics, Incheon National University) ;
- Kang, Joonhee (Department of Physics, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2018.07.13
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
Due to the development of nondestructive testing techniques, methods of inspecting cracks in mechanical parts have drawn attentions. Among various non-destructive testing methods the acoustic resonance method which analyzes the natural frequencies has been developed into a technique suitable for the prompt judgements of the existence of the defects in the mechanical parts. In this study, we investigated the crack inspection technique to examine the cracks in the yoke tubes by using the acoustic resonance method and realized the system to quickly detect the cracks. A 24bit ADC circuit and an MCU were installed for the smooth data collection, and a TCP / IP communication interface was configured for the data communication with PC. We used a microphone as a sensor measuring the vibrations. We constructed an analysis software to obtain the frequency spectra of the vibrations, to find the existence of the cracks, and to feedback to the user. Tests were conducted using the yoke tubes manufactured in the real industrial field. The tests were successfully conducted to distinguish the good products from the defective (cracked) products and confirmed that they can be employed in the actual industrial field.
Natural frequency;Crack;Yoke tube;Nondestructive;Acoustic
Supported by : 인천대학교
- S. H. Yun, G. S. Park, "A Study on the Method of Magnetic Flux Leakage NDT for Detecting Axial Cracks", Journal of the Korean Magnetics Society, Vol.21, No.1, pp.23-31, Feb. 2011. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2011.21.1.023 https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2011.21.1.023
- S. Jeong, S. H. Yoo, D. H. Joung, H. B. Lee, "Development of Vision Inspection system for detecting surface defects of shaft", Proceedings of The Korean Society Of Automotive Engineers, pp.2196-2200, Nov. 2012.
- S. Jeong, G. Kim, H. Lee, "Inspection technology of crack of crankshaft using Eddy Current Testing", Proceedings of The Korean Society Of Automotive Engineers, pp.2889-2892, Nov. 2010.
- W. G. Song, K. C. Jung, J. H. Back, "Method for Modal Test of Flat Panel Display Glass", Proceedings of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering Conference, pp.490-491, Oct. 2012
- I. K. Na, B. C. Goo, "Analysis and measurement of the natural modes of a C/Cbrake disc", Proceedings of the Korean Society for Railway, pp.972-976, Nov. 2013