- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study for Analyzing Defense Industry Technology using Datamining technique: Patent Analysis Approach
데이터마이닝을 통한 방위산업기술 분석 연구: 특허분석을 중심으로
- Son, Changho (Department of Weapon System Engineering, Korea Army Academy at Yeong-Cheon)
- 손창호 (육군3사관학교 무기시스템공학과)
- Received : 2018.07.19
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
Recently, Korea's defense industry has advanced highly, and defense R&D budget is gradually increasing in defense budget. However, without objective analysis of defense industry technology, effective defense R&D activities are limited and defense budgets can be used inefficiently. Therefore, in addition to analyzing the defense industry technology quantitatively reflecting the opinions of the experts, this paper aims to analyze the defense industry technology objectively by quantitative methods, and to make efficient use of the defense budget. In addition, we propose a patent analysis method to grasp the characteristics of the defense industry technology and the vacant technology objectively and systematically by applying the big data analysis method, which is one of the keywords of the 4th industrial revolution, to the defense industry technology. The proposed method is applied to the technology of the firepower industry among several defense industrial technologies and the case analysis is conducted. In the process, the patents of 10 domestic companies related to firepower were collected through the Kipris in the defense industry companies' classification of the Korea Defense Industry Association(KDIA), and the data matrix was preprocessed to utilize IPC codes among them. And then, we Implemented association rule mining which can grasp the relation between each item in data mining technique using R program. The results of this study are suggested through interpretation of support, confidence lift index which were resulted from suggested approach. Therefore, this paper suggests that it can help the efficient use of massive national defense budget and enhance the competitiveness of defense industry technology.
Datamining;Patent Analysis;Association Rule Mining;Defense Industry Technology;IPC Code
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- A-R.Hur, "Study on Classification of Defense Industrial Information", Master's Thesis, 2018.
- Defense Acquisition Program Administration, Budget for improvement of defense capability by program [Internet]. Available From: http://www.dapa.go.kr/dapa/na/ntt/selectNttInfo.do?bbsId=331&nttSn=20133&menuId=354 (accessed June., 28, 2018)
- J. Y. Park, "Analysis of Core Patent and Technology of Unmanned Ground Technology Using an Analytical Method of the Patent Information", KIPS Transactions on Software and Data Engineering, Vol.7, No.5, pp.189-194, 2018. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3745/KTSDE.2018.7.5.189 https://doi.org/10.3745/KTSDE.2018.7.5.189
- C. H. Son, Y. Y. Suh, J. H. Jeon, Y. T. Park, "Development of a GTM-based patent map for identifying patent vacuums", Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.39, No.3, pp.2489-2500, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2011.08.101
- A. Verbeek, K. Debackere, M. Luwel, P. Andries, "Linking Science to Technology: Using Bibliographic References in Patents to Build Linkage Schemes", Scientometrics, Vol.54, No.3, pp.399-420, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1016034516731
- B. U. Yoon, Y. T. Park, "A systematic approach for identifying technology opportunities: Keyword-based morphology analysis", Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol.72, No.2, pp.145-160, 2005. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2004.08.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2004.08.011
- J. M. Yoon, "Development of the Prediction Model for Musculoskeletal Disorders using Data Mining Methods", Ph.D. Thesis, 2015.
- D. S. Park, "A Visualization on Data Mining for Association Rules based on Web", The Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol.3, No.4, pp.1-9, 2005.
- S. Jun, "IPC code Analysis of Patent Documents Using Association Rules and Maps-Patent Analysis of Database Technology", Communications in Computer and Information Science, Springer, Vol.258, pp.21-30, 2011. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-27157-1_3