- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Impacts of Characteristics of role and Social Support of Dental Hygienist on Emotional Labor
치과위생사의 직무역할 특성과 사회적 지원이 감정노동에 미치는 영향 분석
- Lee, Ga-Ryoung (Department of Dental Hygiene, Ulsan College)
- 이가령 (울산과학대학교 치위생학과)
- Received : 2018.08.23
- Accepted : 2018.09.20
- Published : 2018.09.30
This study was conducted using structured questionnaire to 103 dental hygienists who agreed to research among dental hygienists working at Ulsan-based dental clinics in an attempt to analyze the impact of dental roles and social support on emotional labor. Statements of collected data were performed on t-test and ons-way ANOVA, correlation and multiple regression using the SPSS Statistics ver 18.0 for windows program. The study found that the higher role conflicts and greater role ambiguity in relation to direct trade and emotional labor, the higher the intensity of emotional labor, and the more social support, the lower the intensity of emotional labor. The emotional labor of dental hygienists can be solved at a personal level by trying to improve their relationship with members at a dentist's office and by making clear and more professional work segmentation according to their working characteristics. This will help develop a plan to manage the emotional labor of dental hygienists.
- H. Y. Park, "A study on the influence of the emotional lobor on the employee burnout in hotel industr," Master's degree, Suwon Univ, Kyonggi, 2001.
- D. H. Hwang, H. G. Yun , T. Y. Hwang, "Relationship between employment stress and oral symptoms in health college students," J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 519-526. 2014. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.519
- M. .K. Choi, K. C. Yoon, M. S. Sohn, M. S.. Kim, " The Comparative Analysis of a Strectual Impact of Emotional Labor, Exhaustion, and Customer Orientation of Nurse," Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 217-244 2015. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2015.35.4.217
- G. W. Jang, G. R. Lee, "A Study on the job Satisfaction of the Dental Hygienists," J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 35-39. 2006.
- M. Y. Kim, G. W. Lee, H. S. Moon, M. K. Chung, “A study on the gratification of the patient in the Dental Hospital,” Journal of Korean Acad Prosthodont, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 65-82, 2008.
- H. J. Cho, "The Effect of Emotional Labor Moderators on Job Attitudes among Hospital Employees," Master's degree, Inje Univ, Busan, 2011.
- J. H. Yoon, W. G. Lee, “The mediating effect of emotional labor strategies labor strategies on the relationship between emotional labor staff self-efficacy and emotional dissonance,” International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 189-204, 2017. https://doi.org/10.21298/IJTHR.2017.02.31.2.189
- J. W. Lee, “ Impacts of job-focused Emotional Demands Related to Interactions with Customers on Employee Psychological Well-being and Performance:Mediating Effects of Emotion Regulation Strategies,” Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 1163-1185, 2015.
- Morris, J. A. and D. C. Feldman, "The Dimension, Antecedents and Consequences of Emotional Labor. Academy of management Review," Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 986-1010, 1996. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1996.9704071861
- Rizzo. J, R. House. R. J, Lirtzman. S. I, “Role conflict and ambiguity in complex organizations,” Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 150-163, 1970. https://doi.org/10.2307/2391486
- M. S. Kang, "A Study on the Predictive, Consequent, and Moderating Factors to Analyze the Job Stress of Emotional Workers," Doctor's degree, Cheju Univ, Cheju, 2008.
- Cohen, Sheldon, Wills, Thomas A, “Stress, social support, and the buffering hypothesis,” Psychological bulletin, Vol. 98, No. 2, pp. 310-357, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.98.2.310
- J. H. Choi, J. S. Choi, "Effect of Mediating Variable on the Relationship between Job Stress and STress Responxe among Clinical Dental Hygienists," J Dent Hyg Sci Vol. 14, No.2, pp.114-122, 2014.
- S. S. Lee, H. N. Shim, D. A. Kim, “Impact of Dental Hygienist Communication Style on Patient Satisfaction,” Journal of Korean Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 209-218, 2013.
- J. I. Bae, J. H. Eun, “ The Study on relation of dental hygienist’s job-stress and self-conception,” Journal of Korean society of Dental Hygiene, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 209-223, 2004.
- J. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, "Analysis of Correlation between Dental Hygienist's Job Stress and Social Psychological Stress." The Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 12, No.1, pp. 400-408, 2012.
- B. H. Lee, J. S. Kim, " Analysis of the Correlation of Burnout, Job Satisfaction and Turnover of Dental Hygienists," The Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 10, No.11, pp. 217-227, 2010.
- Y. K. Han, H. H. Kim, "The Relationship among Burnout, Compassion Fatigue, Compassion Satisfaction and Social Support of Clinical Dental Hygienists," J Dent Hyg Sci Vol. 14, No.2, pp.256-263, 2014.
- Y. H. Yom, H. J. Kim, "Effects of compassion satisfaction and social support in the relationship between compassion fatigue and burnout in hospital nurses," J Korean Acad Nurs Vol. 42, pp. 870-878, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.6.870
- S. J. Kwon, S. K. Bae, " Analysis of Impact Factors of Affective Commitment in Organization of Dental Hygienist in Busan Area," The Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 9, No.5, pp. 156-165, 2009.