- Volume 19 Issue 6
This study presents an investigation into game patterns prominent in mobile games. The term "pattern" used in this study is inherited by the concept used in "A study for user experience of the game : based on the pattern type and the pattern type attribute of the game space" by Gwak E Sac(2016). There is, however, a difference between them. While the previous study limited the gamers' experience patterns to "game spaces" in the use of "pattern," the present study expanded the scope of gamers' experience patterns to the "mobile game market." Although the mobile game market is growing rapidly, there is a tendency of uniformity in mobile games due to the reduction of development time and the destruction of genres in the development of mobile games. Recognizing this situation, the investigator summarized experience patterns in the current mobile game market into: repeat familiar game play, valuable game action, value and consumption of time and preference and selection of game.
- E Sac Gwak, "A Study for user experience of the Game-Based on the pattern type and the pattern thpe attribute of the game space-", Ph D, Korea University, 2017.
- Digital Dailly, [2018 Games] Mobile growth slows... Reversing PC Online [Interrnet] Available: http://www.ddaily.co.kr/news/article.html?no=164664
- Jesper Juul, Casual Game, Jeong Yeob Lee, CommunicationBooks, p.116, 2012.
Daily Economy, Ipeoples - Netmable,
Copyright Litigation...Patent background [Inteernet] Available: http://game.mk.co.kr/main/gamenews_detail.php?NO=201600814630
- Eun-Ha Cho, "Monentization of Smartphone Games in South Korea, Japan, and China", Journal of Korea Game Society 17(2): 75-84, Korea Game Society, pp.79-82, 2017. https://doi.org/10.7583/JKGS.2017.17.2.75
- Ruth Benedict, Patterns of Culture, Kachibooks, p.12, 1993.
- Neil F. Johnson, SIMPLY COMPLEXITY: a clear guide to acomplexity theory, Sea Publisher, p.21, 2015.
- Jesper Juul, Casual Game, Jeong Yeob Lee, CommunicationBooks, p.143, 2012.
- Martine, L. L., & Tesser, A. Some ruminative thoughts. In R. S. Wyer, Jr. (Ed.), Ruminative thoughts, pp.306-326, 1996.
- E Sac Gwak, "A Study on Gamers' Game Acts and Play Time", Journal of Korea Game Society 17(4): 71-80, Korea Game Society, pp.75-76, 2017. https://doi.org/10.7583/JKGS.2017.17.4.71
- Jae Won Choi, Sang Hyun Kim, Digital Game Textbook, Acorn, p.344, 2010.
- DongA.com, Online Game IP, Successfully Settle into the mobile game market: Available: http://news.donga.com/3/all/20170919/86399283/1
- AppSamurai, Mobile App Success Story: How Clash of Clan Did It: Available: https://appsamurai.com/mobile-app-success-story-how-clash-of-clans-did-it/
- Changes to Game Actions according to Death in Games vol.20, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2019.20.1.155