- Volume 34 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Pull-out Behavior of Tunnel-type Anchorage for Suspended Bridge Using 2-D Model Tests and Numerical Analysis
2차원 모형실험 및 수치해석을 통한 현수교 터널식 앵커리지의 인발거동 특성 분석
- Seo, Seunghwan ;
- Park, Jaehyun ;
- Lee, Sungjune ;
- Chung, Moonkyung
- 서승환 ;
- 박재현 ;
- 이성준 ;
- Received : 2018.10.15
- Accepted : 2018.10.25
- Published : 2018.10.31
In this study, the pull-out behavior of tunnel type anchorage of suspension bridges was analyzed based on results from laboratory size model tests and numerical analysis. Tunnel type anchorage has found its applications occasionally in both domestic and oversea projects, therefore design method including failure mode and safety factor is yet to be clearly established. In an attempt to improve the design method, scaled model tests were conducted by employing simplified shapes and structure of the Ulsan grand bridge's anchorage which was the first case history of its like in Korea. In the model tests, the anchorage body and the surrounding rocks were made by using gypsum mixture. The pull-out behavior was investigated under plane strain conditions. The results of the model tests showed that the tunnel type anchorage underwent wedge shape failure. For the verification of the model tests, numerical analysis was carried out using ABAQUS, a finite element analysis program. The failure behavior predicted by numerical analysis was consistent with that by the model tests. The result of numerical analysis also showed that the effect of Poisson's ratio was negligible, and that a plugging type failure mode could occur only when the strength of the surrounding rocks was 10 times larger than that of anchorage body.
Tunnel type anchorage;Pull-out test;Failure mode;Scaled model test;Quasi-static
- ABAQUS (2014), ABAQUS/Explict Version 6.14, Dassault Systemes, Providence, RI, USA.
- Coquard, P. and Boisetelle, R. (1994), "Water and Solvent Effects on the Strength of Set Plaster", Int. J. of Rock Mechanics and Min. Sci., 31.5, pp.517-524. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-9062(94)90153-8
- Chung, J.S., Moon, I.K., and Yoo, C.H. (2013), "Behavior Characteristics of Tunnel in the Cavity Ground by Using Scale Model Tests", J. of Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol.14(12), pp. 61-69. https://doi.org/10.14481/jkges.2013.14.12.061
- Dakeuchi, K.O. and Yoshida, Y.T. (1984), "Tunnel Type Anchorage", Construction report of Honshou sikoku connection bridge, Vol.22(11), pp.85-92.
- Hobbs, D.W. (1968), "Scale Model Study of Strata Movement around Mine Toadways : I. The Dependence of Roadway Closure upon Rock Strength", Int. J. of Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 5, pp. 219-235. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-9062(68)90010-7
- Hong, E.S., Cho, G.C., Baak, S.H., Park, J.H., Chung, M.K., and Lee, S.W. (2014), "A Numerical Study on Pull-out Behavior of Cavern-type Rock Anchorages", J. of Korean Tunn. Undergr. Sp. Assoc, Vol.16(6), pp.521-531. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.6.521
- Jung, H.R. and Kim, J.W. (2006), "Deformation Behavior around Tunnel in Anisotropic Rocks Considering Joint Orientation and Rock Pressure Condition Using Scaled Model Tests", Korean Scosiety for Rock Mechanics, Vol.16(4), pp.313-325.
- Kanemitsu, H., Omachi, T., and Higuchi, K. (1980), "Calculation Method of Ultimated Resisting Pull Strength of Tunnel Type of Anchorage for Suspension Bridge", Honsi Technical Report, Vol.5, No.16, pp.15-20 (in Japanese).
- Kim, K.W., Cho, N.S., and Na, Y.M. (2011), "Anchorage Design of Ulsan Grand Bridge", Magazine of Concrete Institute, Vol.23, No.4, pp.51-54.
- Lubliner, J.J., Oliver, S.O., and Onate, E. (1989), "A Plastic-damage Model for Concrete", International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol.25, No.3, pp.229-326.
- Park, G.W., Chung, S.T., and Cho, J.H. (2009), "The Design of Tunnel Type Anchorage in Ulsan Grand Bridge", Yooshin technical report, Vol.16, pp.328-336.
- Park, C.S., Park, J.H., Chung, M.K., and Oh, I.K. (2013), "A Study for Improvement of Suspension Bridge's Tunnel Anchorage Design", Proc. of KSCE Annual, Conference, Korean Society of Civil Engineering (in Korean).
- Pack, C.S., Park, J.H., and Chung, M.K. (2014), "Recent Study for Improving the Calcuation Method of Ultimate Pull-out Resistance of Tunnel Anchorage", Proc. of the KGS Spring National Conference, Korean Geotechnical Society (in Korean).
- Yooshin Co., Ltd. (2010a), Ulsan Grand Bridge and Access Road Private Proposal Project : Basic Design Report (in Korean).
- Yooshin Co., Ltd. (2010b), Ulsan Grand Bridge and Access Road Private Proposal Project : Geotechnical Soil Report (in Korean).
Grant : 케이블교량 글로벌 경쟁력 강화를 위한 전주기 엔지니어링 및 가설 공법 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원