- Volume 8 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Factors Affecting the Life Satisfaction of Elderly Users of Senior Citizen Centers: Focus on Senior Citizen Centers in Seoul
경로당 이용 노인 삶의 만족도에 미치는 영향 요인분석: 서울특별시 경로당을 중심으로
- Kang, Eun-Mi (Department of Culture and Arts Contents, Dongbang Culture University) ;
- Lee, Young-Chul (Department of Culture and Arts Contents, Dongbang Culture University)
- Received : 2018.09.06
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.31
The purpose of this study is to observe the influencing factors of elderly users of senior citizen centers' life satisfaction from an integrative perspecrive. In order to do so, 25 senior citizen centers located in the city of Seoul were selected as a sample on which a direct survey was conducted. A total of 448 were chosen as the final study subjects. The following are the study results. Firstly, although program satisfaction did not affect the life satisfaction of elderly users of senior citizen centers, senior citizen center user satisfaction and service quality had a positive influence on life satisfaction. Secondly, welfare satisfaction and self-worth had a positive influence on life satisfaction. Thirdly, existentiality, certainty and responsiveness had a positive influence on life satisfaction. In conclusion, this study aims to contribute to discussions for policies and the development of active programs that can improve the self-worth of elderly users by fulfillling leisure welfare satisfaction and achieving facility expansion, as well as vitalizing communication among elderly users.
- B. H. IM. (2018). The Elderly Find Self-Generated Solutions in an Aging Society. JOONGDO ILBO(Online). http://www.joongdo.co.kr
- Seoul Metropolitan Federation of Korean Senior Citizens Association. (2018). The Report on Elderly Users of Senior Citizen Centers. Seoul.
- E. K. Sim, (2016). Effects on life satisfaction level by senior citizen's satisfaction level on different types of senior citizen center leisure programs. Master's thesis. KWANGJU WOMENS University, Kwangju
- J. J. Bae. (2011). A study and improvement plan for elderly leisure programunity. Master's thesis. CHUNG-ANG University, Seoul.
- I. S. Pak. (2005). Influence of participation in leisure program at welfare center for senior on successful agin. Doctoral dissertation. KOOK-MIN University, Seoul.
- K. S. Ko. (2017). A study on the effect of elderly people's satisfaction with using senior citizen centers on their life satisfaction. Doctoral dissertation, DONG-BANG University, Seoul.
- J. L. Han. (2017). The Need Satistfaction of the elderly centers-Foused on dangjin city. Doctoral dissertation. HAN-SEO University, Chungnaml.
- H. B. Lee, S. C Lee & J. H. Lim. (2005). The review of korean association for public administration, 39(3),, 137-158.
- H. S. Seo. (2016). The effect of satisfaction of cultural welfare program for the elderly on psychological well-being : focusing on mediating effects of cultural capital. Doctoral dissertation. DONG-BANG Graduate University, Seoul,
- T. B. Choi. (2011). A study of development measures for the education programs for elders. Doctoral dissertation, Dae-Jeon Graduate Universit, Dae-Jeon.
- H. S. Han. (2002). A study on urban elderly persons for the life satisfaction in korea society. Doctoral dissertation, Korea Graduate University, Seoul,
- S. S. Lee. (2013). Influences of service quality on users' satisfaction in senior citizen centers. Doctoral dissertation, KANGNAM University. Seoul.
- The Korean Senior Citizens Association. (2016). The report on Senior Citizen Centers. Seoul.
- K H Lee. (2016). Research on Senior Citzen Center Vitalization Methods and Ideal Transformation Models. (pp. 83-103). Seoul: KSW.
- M. H. Peon. (2017). The need and the satisfaction of the elderly using elderly centers -focused on Dangjin City. Doctoral dissertation, HANSEO University, Chungcheognam-do.
- K. S. KO & O. C. Lee. (2017). Study on the Influence Factors of User Satisfaction of Senior Citizen Centers. ASIA-PACIFIC journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and sociology, 7(9), 473-481
- S. B. Kang. (2011). A study on improving satisfaction level of using elder's facility -centered on incheon city. Master's thesis, Seoul Social Welfae Graduate University, Seoul.