- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design Parameters Estimations for Bubble Column Reactors to Remove Toxic Gases
독성가스 제거용 기포탑 반응기의 설계기법
- Oh, Junghwan (Department of Environmental and Safety Engineering,Ajou University) ;
- Hong, Min Sun (Department of Environmental and Safety Engineering,Ajou University)
- Received : 2018.12.04
- Accepted : 2018.12.16
- Published : 2018.12.31
Gas-liquid bubble column reactors are extensively used in industrial processes. A detailed knowledge of bubble size distribution is needed for determining the mass transfer in gas-liquid film. Experimental data on bubble size distribution and liquid-side mass transfer coefficient(
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- P.S. Murvay, "A survey on gas leak detection and localization techniques", 25, 966-973, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jlp.2012.05.010
- Y.G. Waghmare, "Bubble Size Distribution for A Bubble Column Reactor Undergoing Forced Oscillations", American Chemical Society, 48, 1786-1796, 2009.
- Prajak S. et. al., "Comparative Study of Mass Transfer and Bubble Hydrodynamic Parameters in Bubble Column Reactor: Physical Configurations and Operating Conditions", 19(4), 345-354, 2014. https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2014.S1.013
- H. Chaumat et. al., "Mass transfer in bubble column for industrial conditions-effects of organic medium, gas and liquid flow rates and column design", 60, 5930-5936, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2005.04.026
- Maedeh Asari and Faramarz Hormozi, "Experimental Determination of Bubble Size in Solution of Surfactants of the Bubble Column", Journal of Advanced Chemical Engineering, 1-5, 2014.
- Rodolphe et. al., "Effect of surfactants on liquid-side mass transfer coefficients in gas-liquid systems : A first step to modeling", Chemical Engineering Science, 61, 6249-6260, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2006.05.051
- Lu Han and Muthanna H. Al-Dahhan, "Gas-liquid mass transfer in a high pressure bubble column reactor with different sparger designs", Chemical Engineering Science, 62, 131-139, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2006.08.010
- Amol A. Kulkrni, "Mass Transfer in Bubble Column Reactors: Effect of Bubble Size Distribution", America Chemical Society, 46, 2205-2211, 2007.
- P.H. Calderbank and M.B. Moo-Young, "The continuous phase heat and mass-transfer properties of dispersions", Chemical Engineering Science, 10, 39-54, 1961.
- Y. Kawase and M.B. Moo-Young, "Correlations for Liquid-Phase Mass Transfer Coefficients in Bubble Column Reactors with Newtonian and Non-Newtonian Fluids", The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Feb., 1992.
- M.B. Moo-Young, H.W. Blanch, "Design of Biochemical Reactors", Advances in Biochemcial Engineering, 19, 1-69, 1981.
- Xiaobo Zhang et. al., "Gas Holdup, Bubble Behaviour, and Mass Transfer Characteristics in a Two-stage Internal Loop Airlift Reactor with Different Screens", The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 95, 1202-1212, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1002/cjce.22767
- Joshi and Sharma M.M., "A Circulation Cell Model for Bubble Columns", Trans Inst. Chem. Eng., 57A, 244-251, 1979.
- Pohl and Herbert A., "Solubility of iron sulfides", J. Chem. Eng. Data, 7, 295-306, 1962. https://doi.org/10.1021/je60013a042
- David W. Handricks, "Fundamentals of Water Treatment Unit Processes: Physical and Chemical and Biological", CRC Press, 617-620, 2011.
- John H. Seinfeld, and Spyros N. Pandis, "Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics", John Wiley & Sons, 288-302, 2006.
- Denbigh K., "The Principles of Chemical Equilibrium 4th edition", Cambridge Univ. Press, 143-144, 1981.
- Chase, M.W., Jr., NIST-JANAF Thermochemical Tables, 4th Edition, J. Phys. Chem. Fef. Data, Monograph 9, 1-1951, 1998.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook, https://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry.
- Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_diffusivity.