- Volume 9 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Awareness on 4th industrial revolution of dental hygienists for future medical convergence
미래 보건의료융합에 대비한 치과위생사의 4차 산업혁명에 관한 인식도 조사
- Lee, Jung-Hwa (Department of Dental Hygiene, Daegu Health College Assit) ;
- Kim, Young-Sun (Department of Dental Hygiene, Daegu Health College)
- Received : 2018.08.09
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the dental hygienists' awareness on the 4th industrial revolution in preparation for the future of dental treatment field. A questionnaire survey was conducted on 209 dental hygienists who are working at dental clinics in Daegu city and the results were as follows. The average awareness on the 4th industrial revolution was 2.41, which is comparatively low. In each section, the willingness to education was 2.87, the influence to dental field was 2.81, the perception degree was 2.25 and the preparation degree was 1.72 which is relatively low. The awareness according to general characteristics, there was a significant difference from age and workplace in influence to dental field (p<0.05, p<0.001), from job position and academic degree in willingness to education (p<0.05). According to the study of correlation among awareness, influence, preparation and willingness of education to 4th industrial revolution. Also there was a positive (+) correlation in everyway, as awareness level is high, the degree of influence, preparation and willingness of education are also high. In conclusion, to prepare for the future medical convergence, it is necessary to raise concern and change in perception to high medical technology by developing and offering diverse education programs as to 4th industrial revolution to dental hygienists.
4th industrial revolution;Awareness;Convergence;Dental hygienists;Influence
- S. G. Chang. (2017). The forth industrial revolution and changes in the future medical world. J Korean med Assoc, 60(11), 856-858. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2017.60.11.856 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2017.60.11.856
- National Academy of Medicine of Korea. (2017). Survey for future health and medicine in Korea. Seoul: National Academy of Medicine of Korea.
- Artificial intelligence and medicine. (2017). DailyMedi. Available from:http://www.dailymedi.com/detail.php?number=819416&thread=22r02.
- J. W. Shin. (2017). Artificial intelligence for medical service-role of doctors. In: Korean Medical Association. Proceedings of the 35th Scientific Congress of Korean Medical Association; 2017 Jun 30-Jul 2; Seoul, Korea. Seoul: Korean Medical Association, 36.
- S. W. Park. (2005). Digital networks in local dental office. J Korean Dent Assoc, 43(3), 193-201.
- H. J. Kim. (2016). The influence of the 4th industrial revolution on the occupational world-Survey of incumbents' perceptions of the 4th industrial revolution. Seoul: Job Career Information, 88-105.
- S. K. Lee., S. H. Kim., M. J. Kang., H. K. Hong., S. K. Jeong & G. Bang. (2016). Medium and long term supply of manpower revision forecast 2015-2025. Eumseong-Gun: Korea Employment Information Service, 297-309.
- Y. S. Kim., H. S. Park & I. Y. Ku. (2013). Perceptions of dental hygienists toward digital dentistry. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 13(6), 909-916. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.909 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.909
- H. J. Moon., Y. S. Kim., M. G. Seong & H. O. Lee. (2017). The awareness on dental digital system in dental hygiene students. J Korean academy Dent Hyg, 19(1), 19-30.
- Chung M. (2017). Corporate awareness and implications on the fourth industrial revolution. Seoul: Hyundai research institute, 1-12.
- Y. S. Choi. (2016). New occupation in the age of the fourth industrial revolution - 2017 New career research. Seoul: Korea Employment Information Service, 73-91.
- G. S. Hwang. (2005). A study on lifelong education needs of industry workers in the city area[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Ewha Womans.
- B. W. Kang & S. M. Lee. (2002). A study on the relationship of empowerment, self-efficacy, and turnover intention of dental hygienists. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Education, 2(2), 131-143.
- Presidential Youth Committee. (2016). A survey of the youth recognition of the 4th industrial revolution. Seoul: Presidential Youth Committee, 49.
- S. J. Kim., Y. S. Kim., J. H. Kim., J. H. Lee & K. E. Chang.(2018). A study on the development of convergence education program for workers in health and medical industry in preparation for the forth industrial revolution. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(5), 43-52 .https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.043 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.043
- J. Y. Kim. (2017.5). The Effects and Countermeasures of the Public Sector by the Fourth Industrial Revolution, https://www2.deloitte.com
- J. H. Choi., S. H. Jeong., Y. E. Lee., S. G. Lee., Y. G. Jee & K. B. Song., et al. (2008). The effect of digital system in dental clinic: A case-report. Korean Public Health Res, 34(2), 28-39.
- S. J. Park. (2001). A study on the continuing education for dental hygienist[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Dankook.
- D. K. Kim. (2017). Status and Significance of NCS Development in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Seoul : Korea Employment Information Service, 62-76.
- S. H. Oh., J. J. Sun., S. H. Jang. (2017). A Study of the relation between nursing students'' global competences and their multiple intelligences for the fourth industrial revolution. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(3), 13-26. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.3.013 https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.3.013
- J. J. Duderstadt. (2012). The future of the university-a perspective from the Oort cloud. Social Research, 79(3), 579-600.