- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on Relationship between Near Work and Eye Fatigue
근업시간과 눈 피로도와의 관련성에 관한 연구
- Kim, Seok-Hwa (Graduate of School of Health and Welfare, Baekseok University) ;
- Kim, Hyojin (Graduate of School of Health and Welfare, Baekseok University)
- Received : 2018.09.20
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate eye fatigue and analyze symptoms of visual discomfort according to near work in young adults. A survey was conducted on 347 young adults aged 25.37 years (142 male and 205 female participants). The eye fatigue using Conlon questionnaire were surveyed and near work was investigated amounts of daily computer and smartphone. The score of eye fatigue was
Conlon Questionnaire;Visual Discomfort;Eye Fatigue;Visual Display Terminal Syndrome;Convergence
- J. Y. Lee, D. S. Yu, J. S. Son, H. G. Cho & B. Y. Moon. (2011). The diurnal change of accommodative functions by near work. J Korean Oph Opt Soc, 16(1), 75-81.
- K. Chauhan & W. N. Charman. (1995). Single figure indices for the steady-state accommodative response. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt, 15(3), 217-221. DOI : 10.1016/0275-5408(95)90573-K https://doi.org/10.1016/0275-5408(95)90573-K
- Korean Internet & Security Agency. (2013). Survey on the internet usage, Naju : KISA.
- Korean Internet & Security Agency. (2014). Survey on the mobile internet usage, Naju : KISA.
- J. Y. Kim. (2017). The Relationship among loneliness, stress, and smartphone addiction of adolescents in the era of digitalization. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(9), 335-343. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.9.335 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.9.335
- S. M. Bae & Y. S. Koh. (2017). A exploratory study for influential factors of smartphone over-dependence in elder and older group. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(7), 111-121. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.7.111 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.7.111
- C. J. Park, J. S. Yoo & J. H. Kim. (1994). Changes of accommodative function in VDT workers in relation to rest. J Korean Oph Soc, 35(7), 790-794.
- J. C. Kim, K. H. Shun, H. C. Kim & C. H. Woo. (1991). The investigation of the changes of ocular function in VDT workers. J Korean Oph Soc, 32(12), 1137-1144.
- D. Cella, A. Peterman, S. Passik, P. Jacobsen & W. Breitbart. (1998). Progress toward guidelines for the management of fatigue. Oncology, 1(12), 369-377.
- E. Conlon, W. J. Lovegrove, E. Chekaluk & P. E. Pattison. (1999). Measuring visual discomfort. Optometry & Vision Science, 6(6), 637-666. DOI : 10.1080/135062899394885 https://doi.org/10.1080/135062899394885
- W. Duke-Elder. (1963). Text book of refraction. 7th ed., 47-61, St. Louise : Mosby.
- J. D. Moon, M. C. Lee & B. W. Kim. (1991). A study on the factors affecting the subjective symptoms of VDT syndrome. J Korean Preventive Med, 24(3), 373-389.
- T. Sudeli & M. Menozzi. (2003). Effect of subjective and objective workload on asthenopia at VDU workplaces. International journal of industrial ergonomics, 9(4), 441-451. DOI : 10.1080/10803548.2003
- Y. W. Seo & Y. J. Choe. (1998). Visual problems and refractive error at video display terminals. J Korean Oph Opt Soc, 3(1), 75-86.
- M. J. Smith, B. G. F. Cohen & L. W. Stammerjohn. (1981). An investigation of health complaints and job stress in video display operations, Human Factors, 23(4), 387-400. DOI : 10.1177/001872088102300402 https://doi.org/10.1177/001872088102300402
- S. R. Boss, B. M. Calssendorff, B. G. Knave, K. G. Nyman & M. Voss. (1985) Work with video display terminal among office employees. Scan J Work Environ Health, 11(6), 475-781. https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.2207
- Y. Yaginuma, H. Yamada & S. Shigata. (1990). Study of the relationship between lacrimation and blink in VDT work. Ergonomics, 33(6), 799-809. DOI : 10.1080/00140139008927186 https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139008927186
- H. J. Park & K. Y. Lee. (2002). Relationship between middle school students computer using time and dry eye. J Korean Oph Soc, 43(3), 449-454.
- J. S. Kim, K. J. Cho & J. S. Song. (2007). Influences of computer works on blink rate and ocular dryness in adolescents. J Korean Oph Soc, 48(11), 1466-1472. DOI : 10.3341/jkos.2007/48.111466 https://doi.org/10.3341/jkos.2007.48.11.1466
- S. H. Lee. (2011). Evaluating the influence of smart phone use on the psycho-physiological condition [master's thesis], Seoul : Konkuk University. DOI : 10.14479/jkoos.2014.19.2.217
- Y. W. Suh, K. H. Kim, S. Y. Kang, S. W. Kim, J. R. Oh, H. M. Kim & J. S. Song. (2010). The objective methods to evaluate ocular fatigue associated with computer work. J Korean Oph Soc, 51(10), 1327-1332. DOI : 10.3341/jkos.2010.51.10.1327 https://doi.org/10.3341/jkos.2010.51.10.1327
- J. W. Lee. (2012). The influence of uninterrupted VDT work on visual functions [master's thesis], Gumi : Kyungwoon University.
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service. (2015). 2015 National Health Insurance Statistical Yearbook, Wonju : Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service.