- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Effect of the Cinema Therapy Program for Middle-Aged Women with Depression
우울증 중년여성을 위한 영화치료 프로그램의 효과
- Shin, Kyung Ah (Department of Nursing, Chunnam Techno University)
- 신경아 (전남과학대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2018.09.07
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study was to measure the effect of REBT based cinema therapy program on depression, self-esteem, emotional expression and interpersonal relationship of depressed middle-aged women. The subjects of study were 44 middle-aged women with depression who were registered in the mental health center of G city (experimental group 23, control group 21). Data were analyzed using
Middle-aged women;Cinema therapy;Depression;Self-esteem;Emotional expression;Interpersonal relationship
- K. J. Park & K. H. Lee. (2002). A structural model for depression in middle-aged woman. Korean J Women Health Nurs, 8(1), 69-84.
- S. S. Lee & W. H. Choi. (2006). A study on the prevalence of depression in middle aged women-based on women living in Geoje city-. Journal of Korean of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 15(4), 353-361.
- National Health Insurance Service (Sep. 9. 2018), press release 925, disease of mind: depression, Wonju, http://www.nhis.or.kr
- S. M. Kwon. (2012). Depression. Seoul : Hakjisa.
- A. Y. Shin & J. H. Chae. (2011). Emotion regulation strategies in patients with depressive and anxiety disorders. Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Korea, 11(1), 41-52.
- S. Y. Park & K. M. Chae. (2012). The mediating effect of emotional regulation style (active, avoidant /distractive regulation style) on the relationships between vulnerability of depression and interpersonal problem. Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Korea, 12(3), 349-368.
- Y. R. Lee, J. H. Kwon & M. S. Lee. (2009). Stress and relapse depressive middle-aged women: focused on stress evaluation by contextual approach. Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Korea, 9(2), 35-47.
- A. Ellis & W. Dryden. (1987). The practice of rational emotive therapy. New York : Springer Publishing Company.
- Y. J. Choi & K. M. Chae. (2012). The cognitive factors related to suicidal ideation, focusing on both the mediation effects of rumination, and the moderating effects of decentering. Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Korea, 12(3), 315-329.
- A. Ellis. (1991). The revised ABC's of rational-emotive therapy (RET). Journal of Rational-Emotive and Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, 9, 139-172.
- J. H. Ha. (2001). The effect of REBT group counseling on depression tendency and self-concept. Master's thesis. Daegu Catholic University, Gyeongsan.
- D. David, A. Szetagotai, W. Lupu & D. Cosman. (2008). Rational emotive behavioral therapy, cognitive therapy, and medication in the treatment of major depressive disorder : a randomized clinical trial, posttreatment outcomes, and six-month follow-up. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 64(6), 728-746. https://doi.org/10.1002/jclp.20487
- M. K. Lim, Y. S. Ko & M. S. Heo. (2010). The effects of REBT group counseling on the belief in weight-control, self-esteem, and interpersonal relationship among obese middle school girls. Korean Association of Youth Welfare, 12(1), 165-188. DOI : G704-002137.2010.12.1.005
- K. A. Hwang & G. S. Kim. (2017). On the effect of cognitive-behavioral group therapy on the depression and emotional crisis of woman in mid-life crisis. Korean Journal of Art Therapy, 14(2), 295-318.
- K. A. Park, H. S. Baek & J. S. Han. (2007). The effects of REBT group counseling on the job stress, positive affect, negative affect and self-esteem of nurses. Korea Journal of Counseling, 8(3), 951-963. DOI : 10.15703/kjc.8.3.200709.951 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.8.3.200709.951
- E. H. Lim. (2011). A study on the intervention of cognitive-behavioral music therapy in bulimia nervosa and interpersonal relation of female university student. Korea Academy of Mental Health Social Work, 37, 458-477.
- S. Y. Jung & H. R. Lee. (2008). The effects of the REBT career group counseling on the career interests and interpersonal relationships of elementary school students. The Journal of Career Education Research, 21(1), 95-112.
- F. A. Sava, B. T. Yates, V. Lupu, A. Szentagotai & D. David. (2009). Cost-effectiveness and cost-utility of cognitive therapy, rational emotive behavioral therapy, and fluoxetime (Prozac) in treating depression: a randomized clinical trial. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 65(1), 36-52. https://doi.org/10.1002/jclp.20550
- K. H. Lee. (2007). Cinematherapic approach to psycho treatment-possibility of cinema treatment by discourse analysis-. The New Korean Philosophical Association, 49(3), 235-253.
- S. J. Kim. (2005). The effects of interactive film treatment for improved personal relations. Doctoral dissertation. Korea University, Seoul.
- M. L. Powell, R. A. Newgent & S. M. Lee. (2006). Group cinema therapy: using metaphor to enhance adolescent self-esteem. The Arts in Psychotherapy, 33, 247-253.
- J. H. Lee. (2009). A study on the ef ect of collective program using movie on housewife depression. Master's thesis. Keimyung University, Daegu.
- G. L. Kang. (2013). The effect of a group cinematherapy program on the happiness of the woman single parent. Doctoral dissertation. Gyeongseong University, Busan.
- E. J. Kang. (2011). The effect of a group cinematherapy program on the emotional regulation ability and problem behaviors of the youth at-risk. Doctoral dissertation. Gyeongseong University, Busan.
- J. H. Park, S. J. Choi & C. H. Hong. (2013). Effects of cinema therapy on emotional recognition, emotional expression, and empathy for chronic schizophrenia patients. Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 18(3), 479-497. DOI : 10.17315/kjhp.2013.18.3.004 https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2013.18.3.004
- E. Marsick. (2010). Cinema therapy with preadolescents experiencing parental divorce: a collective case study. Art in Psychotherapy, 37(4).
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang & A. Buchner. (2007). G*Power 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program of the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research Methods, 39(2), 175-191. DOI : 10.3758/bf03193146 https://doi.org/10.3758/bf03193146
- M. Rosenberg. (1965). Society and the adolescent self-image. New Jersey : Princeton university Press.
- B. J. Jeon. (1974). Self-esteem: a test of it's measurability. Yonsei Medical Journal, 1, 109-129.
- A. T. Beck. (1967). Depression: clinical experimental and theoretical aspects. New York : Harper & Row Publisher. Inc.
- Y. H. Lee & J. Y. Song. (1991). A study on the reliability and validity of BDI, SDS, MMPI-D scale. Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, 10(1), 98-113.
- A. M. Kring, D. A. Smith & J. M. Neale. (1994). Individual differences in dispositional expressiveness: development and validation of the emotional expressivity scale. Journal of Personality and social Psychology, 66, 934-949.
- J. W. Han. (1997). Effects of emotional expression on health and subjective safety. Master's thesis. Seoul National University, Seoul.
- S. Schlein & B. G. Guerney. (1977). Relationship enhancement. Sanfrancisco : Jossey-Bass.
- M. S. Moon. (1980). A study on the effects of human relationship training of university students. Institute of Industrial Technology, 19(2), 195-203
- S. K. Jeon. (1995). A study on the effectiveness of social technology training program for the rehabilitation of schizophrenia. Doctoral dissertation. Soongsil University, Seoul.
- D. Lynch, K. R. Laws & P. J. Mckenna. (2010). Cognitive behavioral therapy for major psychiatric disorder: does it really work? A meta-analytical review of well-controlled trials. Psychological Medicine, 40(1), 9-24.
- E. R. Lee. (2005). Analysis on the ef icacy of REBT group consultation for relieving hypochondriasis and depression of middle-aged women. Master's thesis. Kwangwoon University, Seoul.
- M. S. Hyun & M. A. Kim. (2004). The effects of the cognitive-behavioral therapy on depression and self efficacy of the problem behavior adolescents in middle school. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 13(4), 458-466.
- S. H. Cho & C. Y. Kim. (2017). Theoretical Reviews and Case Studies on Curing, the Adult-child using Movies, Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, 20(1), 82-92 https://doi.org/10.9717/KMMS.2017.20.1.082
- M. Y. Choi. (2011). Development and validation of a immunity enhancement program for middle aged women. Doctoral dissertation. Korea University, Seoul.
- M. H. Lim. (2010). The effects of cognitive behavior on people with depression : depression, anxiety, self-consciousness, self-ef iciency. Master's thesis. Duksung Womens' University, Seoul.
- S. Y. Min. (2011). Effects of a depression prevention program on depression, self-esteem, and quality of life in a community population. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 20(2), 132-142. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.2.132
- W. Birgit. (2005). E-motion picture magic. Y. H. Sim & E. H. Kim. Translation. (2006). Cinema Therapy, Eulyu cultural history.
- B. E. Lee. (2010). The effects of cognitive behavioral group art therapy on self-image, emotional expression, and somatic symptoms of the youth who suppress their anger. Forum for Youth Culture, 25, 110-121.
- S. J. Kim. (2013). Comparative study of the therapeutic factors of selp-help and interactive cinematherapy. Korean Counseling Association, 55, 83-126. DOI : 10.17947/kfa.55.201303.003003
- C. Sharp, J. Smith & A. Cole. (2002). Cinematherapy : metaphorically promoting therapeutic change. Counseling psychology. Quarterly, 15(3), 269-276.
- K. J. Ji & Y. Yoo (2013), A study of emotional intelligence, interpersonal relationship and psychological happiness university student division of health, Journal of Digital Convergence, 11(10), 653-660. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.10.653
- M. J. Choi & J. R. Son. (2009). The effects of the interpersonal cognitive problem-solving skill training on depression and interpersonal relationships of the depressed children. The Korean Journal of Stress Research, 17(4), 399-406.
- N. R. Benazon. (2000). Predicting negative spousal attitudes toward person; a test of Coyne's interpersonal model. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 109(3), 550-554. https://doi.org/10.1037//0021-843X.109.3.550
- K. T. Rotenberg, P. McDougall, M. J. Boulton, T. Vaillancourt, T. Fox & S. Hymel. (2004). Cross-sectional and longitudinal relations among peer-reported adjustment in children and early adolescents from the Unite Kingdom and Canada. Journal of Experimental child Psychology, 88(1), 46-67. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jecp.2004.01.005
- J. M. Lohr & D. Bonge. (1982). Relationships between assertiveness and factorially validated measures of irrational beliefs. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 6(3), 353-356. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01173583