- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Impact Self-Reflection, Ego State, Transformational Leadership on Caring Ability in nursing students
간호대학생의 자아성찰, 자아상태, 변혁적 리더십이 돌봄 능력에 미치는 영향
- Pak, So-Young (College of Nursing, Shinhan University)
- 박소영 (신한대학교 간호대학)
- Received : 2018.09.21
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
Caring is essential ability for nursing provider. The purpose of this study was to identify impact of self-reflection, ego state and transformational leadership on caring ability in nursing students. A convenience sample of 199 nursing students was obtained from a university in Gyeonggi Province. Data was analyzed using Pearson correlation and multiple regression. The result of multiple regression indicate that self-reflection(
Convergence;Nursing students;Self-reflection;Ego state;Transformational leadership;Caring ability
Supported by : Shinhan University
- E. Y. Hong. (2013). Caring and philosophy. Seoul: Soomoonsa
- J. Watson. (2006). Caring theory as ethical guide to administrative and clinical practices. JONA'S Healthcare Law, Ethic and Regulation, 8(3), 87-93. DOI : 10.1097/00006216-200601000-00008 https://doi.org/10.1097/00128488-200607000-00008
- Bevis. E.(1988). Caring a life force. In: Leininger M. editor. Caring an essential human need: Proceeding of three national caring conference. (pp. 45-59). Detroit : Wayne University Press.
- J. H. Woo. (1997). A Study on the Relations of Personality Factors in Transactional Analysis, Job Satisfaction, and Organizational Commitment. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kook Min University, Seoul.
- M. Ardelt. (1997). Wisdom and life satisfaction in old age. Journal of Gerontology, 52(1), 15-27.
- H. J. Paik. (2004), Educational evaluation of competency in nursing skills through open laboratory self-directed practice. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 11(1), 13-20.
- S. O. Kim. (2017). Effects of self-directed practice through writing self-reflective journal on basic nursing performance ability, confidence in performance, learning self-efficacy and practice satisfaction. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(10), 293-306. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.10.293 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.10.293
- S. Y. Pak. (2015). Development of a program for improving caring abilities in clinical practice and the ef ects of the program's application. doctoral dissertation. Kangwon National University, Chuncheon.
- S. T. Lee. (2017). Human relation. Gyeonggi: Yangsungwon.
- Berne. E. (1966). Transactional analysis in psychotherapy. New York: Grove Press
- J. H. Woo. (2005). TA program for personality development, Daegu: Jungamsuwon.
- K. J. Kim. (2018). A conversation training program that combines reason and sensitivity - Using the P-A-C technique of Transactional analysis. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(2), 149-155. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.2.149
- Bass. (1985). Leadership and performance beyond expectations. NY: Free press.
- J. Y. Hwang. (2011). The Self-reflection scale development and a path model of self-reflection to well-being.. doctoral dissertation. Catholic University, Seoul.
- S. Y. Pak. (2016). Relationship between self-reflection, critical thinking disposition, muti cultural experience and cultural competence in nursing students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(12), 345-355. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.345 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.345
- G. H. Song. (2014). A study on the ego state types of teacher librarian. Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 25(2), 77-95. DOI : 10.14699/kbiblia.2014.25.2.077 https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2014.25.2.077
- H. T. Park. (1996). Transformational and transactional leadership styles of the nurse administrators and job satisfaction, organizational commitment in nursing service. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 27(1), 228-241.
- S. Y. Lee & S. Y. Pak. (2016). The Impacts of nurses' psycho-social health and social support from colleagues on patient caring ability. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 22(5), 461-470. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2016.22.5.461 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.5.461
- M. K. Cho. (2015). The relationships among happiness, happiness promotion activities and self-reflection in the convergence society. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(7), 305-313, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.305
- Dusay, J. (1977). Egograms, NY: Harper & Row.
- J. Y. Lee. (2012). The effect of ego states and life positions on empathy in nursing students. The Korean Journal of Stress Research, 20(2), 113-122.
- J. S. Won. (2002). Study on the ego states and coping style of nursing students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 8(4), 608-619.
- S. Lee. (2003). A transactional analysis group program to improve nursing college student's ego states. J Korean Acad Psych Mental Health Nurs, 12(3), 279-286.
- K. H. Chung & C. S. Lee. (1999). A study on nurses' human relationships and ego states displayed by ego gram. Chonnam Journal of Nursing Sciences, 4(1), 107-125.
- K. J. Lee & S. Lee. (1992). The study of nurse's ego states on the basis of transactional analysis. Kor Res Inst Better Living, 50(1), 195-205.
- S. Lee. (2000). A study on the relations of ego-state and interpersonal attitude in transactional analysis. J Korean Acad Psych Mental Health Nurs, 9(2), 265-276.
- S. H. Sim & S. Y. Ahn. (2015). The Influence of Ego State and Interpersonal Skill among Nursing Students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(12), 269-275. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.269 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.269
- T. Y. Lee & M. H. Kim. (2013). Differences in Pre-service Teachers' Educational Beliefs, Teacher Efficacy, and Ego State according to Grade Level. Journal of Korean Academy Early Childhood Teacher Education, 17(6), 99-117.
- J. Sadler. (2003). A pilot study to measure the caring efficacy of baccalaureate nursing students. Nursing Education Perspectives, 24(6), 295-299.
- C. Coates. (1997). The Caring Efficacy Scale: Nurses' self-reports of caring in practice settings. Advanced Practice Nursing Quarterly, 3(1), 53-59.
- B. M. Yu, J. C. Jeon & H. J. Park. (2013). The Effects on Learning Motivation and Self-Efficacy according to the type of Reflection, Journal of Korean Association for Educational Information and Media, 19(4), 837-859.
- M. J. Kim & S. I. Jang. (2015). Effect of Transformational & Transactional Leadership on Organizational Commitment. The Korean Academic of Human Resource and Management, 22(1), 25-43.
- M. Y. Lee & K. H. Kim. (2012). Influence of head nurses' transformational leadership on staff nurse's psychological well-being, stress and somatization. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 18(2), 166-175. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166
- M. Mu, Y. C. Lee, H. C. Duan. (2018). An empirical study on the relationship between transformational leadership and employee creativity. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(8), 117-128. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2018.16.8.117 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.8.117