- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Concept Analysis of Prisoner Corrrection
수형자 교정에 대한 개념분석
- Jung, Hyun-Ok (Sangju of Correctional Institute, Daegu of Local Correctional agency) ;
- Han, Seung-Woo (Department of Emergency Medical Technolpgy, Kyungil University)
- Received : 2018.09.11
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study is to provide data for the development of a nursing intervention program by analyzing the concept of prisoner correction. From April 1st, 2016, to July 30th, the research literature on all domestic and international prisoner correction from 2011 to 2015 were searched using PubMed and NDSL RISS. 37 documents were analyzed according to conceptual analysis method procedures by Walker and Avant. In order to promote a positive attitude toward life through internal reflection of prisoner correction, individual characteristics for improvements in problem solving abilities, social adaptation abilities, re-socialization and the protection of the people and society to inmates displaying anti-social and moral behaviors that violated the law. The purpose of this study was to establish a desirable direction for prisoner correction, and provide a theoretical basis for the development of a nursing intervention program.
Prisoner;Correction;Conceptual Analysis;Walker and Avant;Resocialization
- Institute of Justice. (2017). 2017 Crime Analysis. Institute of Justice(Online). https://www.ioj.go.kr/homepage/information/DataAction.do?method=list&pblMatlDivCd=01&top=4&sub=1#none
- E. D. Lee. (2015). Reflection on korea corrections since 1945: Focusing on the basic legal rights of inmates. Correction Review, 69(2), 41-79. DOI: 10.14819/krscs.2015.69.2.41 https://doi.org/10.14819/krscs.2015.69.2.41
- Korea Correctional Service. (2018). Happy correctional service, happy nation. Korea Correctional Service(Online). https://www.corrections.go.kr/HP/TCOR/cor_06/cor_0601/corrbook/new_corr.pdf.
- M. Marcos, K. Bitna, C. Kelly, L. H. Nancy & G. L. Eric. (2013). The impact of correctional officer perceptions of inmates on job stress. SAGE Open, April-june, 1-13. DOI: 10.1177/2158244013489695 https://doi.org/10.1177/2158244013489695
- Y. H. Moon. (2008). Improvement program of correction and welfare through investigation of recovery judicial system. Study of Correctional Welfare, 12(2), 103-119.
- H. C. Seong. (2013). Publicness in corrections. Correctional Discourse, 7(1), 103-134.
- K. H. Cho. (2015). The development and significance of a humanistic corrections program. Correctional Discourse, 9(3), 1-33.
- M. C. Kim, S. W. Lee & Y. H. Lee. (2015). Implementation and review of correctional mental health center programs for improving the social competence and reducing re-offending of mentally ill offenders Correction Review, 69(4), 183-216. DOI: 10.14819/krscs.2015.69.7.183 https://doi.org/10.14819/krscs.2015.69.7.183
- Y. S. Kim & Y. J. Yoo. (2016). Improvement Measures for Intensive Character Education Program for Prisoners. Correction Review, 72(3), 131-156. DOI: 10.14819/krscs.2016.26.3.6.131 https://doi.org/10.14819/krscs.2016.26.3.6.131
- Y. S. Park. (2014). A study on the HYO welfare system promotion method of correctional welfare dimension for the prevention of aged abuse crime. Study of Correctional Welfare, 34(3), 33-54.
- G. J. Do & H. W. Cho. (2015). A Case Study on Solution-oriented Short-term Treatment for Released Prisoners Admitted to Residential Recovery and Protection Centers. Study of Correctional Welfare, 37(2), 141-170.
- L. O Walker & K. C. Avant. (2011). Strategies for theory construction in nursing. Boston: Prentice Hall.
- Naver Language Dictionary. (2018). Corrections. Naver Language Dictionary(Online). https://krdic.naver.com/detail.nhn?docid=3997800
- Wikipedia. (2018). Corrections. Wikipedia(Online). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrections
- Polizeiwissenschaft Dictionary. (2018). Corrections. Naver Polizeiwissenschaft Dictionary(Online). http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1961403&cid=42149&categoryId=42149
- J. H. Chun. (2011). The study of the problem and meaning of correctional social welfare theory involved in the diverse correctional social welfare books. Study of Correctional Welfare, 21(1), 1-23.
- S. H. Lee & B. M. Kim. (2006). The effects of 'error detection-correction instruction' on learning linear equations. Journal of Research in Curriculum and Instruction. 10(2), 461-483.
- W. Y. Jang. (2009). A study on the proofreading of books in the joseon dynasty. Bibliography Research, 2(1), 521-554.
- K. C. Choi, J. Y. Ha & W. Y. Kim. (2014). Surgical correction and osteosynthesis for cranial displaced pelvic nonunion: technical note and two cases report regarding anterior correction and osteosynthesis following posterior release. Journal of Korean Fracture Society, 27(2), 151-156. DOI: 10.12671/jkfs.2014.27.2.151 https://doi.org/10.12671/jkfs.2014.27.2.151
- K. H. Cho & J. Y. Lee. (2014). Correction of hypertropia coexisting with intermittent exotropia. The Korean Ophthalmological Society, 55(12), 883-889. DOI: 10.3341/jkos.2014.55.12.1883 https://doi.org/10.3341/jkos.2014.55.12.1883
- J. Cho. (2010). A study on the purpose of correction and human rights of the convict. Journal of Korean Human Rights Welfare Institute, 8(3), 1-28.
- E. D. Lee & M. J. You. (2012). A study on the effect of emotional hardship on job satisfaction and turnover of nurses in the correctional field. Correctional Review, 55(3), 129-155.
- Canadian Nurse. (2010). Caring in corrections. Canadian Nurse, 106(4), 22-27.
- Y. S. Kim. (2013). Case study of restorative justice at correctional stage in Korea. Correctional Discourse, 7(1), 273-296.
- Y. H. Joo. (2015). Improvement plan of correctional welfare service for military prisoners: with emphasis on comparative study with military correctional facilities in foreign counties. Study of Correctional Welfare, 39(4), 181-206.
- D. I. Lee & J. H. Chun. (2015). The study on the effect of the prison father school program on the rehabilitation of the prisoners. Correctional Review, 67(2), 127-153. DOI: 10.14819/krscs.2015.67.5.127 https://doi.org/10.14819/krscs.2015.67.5.127
- G. W. Chang & H. S. Yoon. (2013). A study on the possibility of utilizing the restorative program in a corrections. Correctional Review, 58(1), 7-33.
- J. Y. Seo. (2012). Review on the vocational training program for inmates in prison. Correctional Review, 54(1), 185-207.
- T. H. Kim. (2012). New vision and development strategies for the future of Korea correctional service. Correctional Review, 56(3), 163-189.
- J. Graffam, A. J. Shinkfied & B. Lavelle. (2014). Recidivism among participants of an employment assistance program for prisoners and offenders. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology, 58(3), 348-363. DOI: 10.1177/0306624X12470526 https://doi.org/10.1177/0306624X12470526
- A. M. Cislo & R. Treatman. (2013). Challenges and solutions for conducting research in correctional settings: the U.S. experience. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry, 36(3), 304-310. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijlp.2013.04.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijlp.2013.04.002
- A. Perron & D. Holmes. (2011). Constructing mentally ill inmates: nurses' discursive practices in corrections. Nursing Inquiry, 18(3), 191-204. DOI: 10.1111/j.1440-1800.2011.00526.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1800.2011.00526.x
- S. J. Lee & J. E. Byun. (2001). Development of a tool of inmate classification. Korean Journal of Psychology: General, 20(2), 99-126.
- S. J. Lee, Y. H. Lee & J. S. Gong. (2000). Development of a risk assessment tool for inmates. Journal of Korean Criminological Review, 44(3), 105-130.