- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A convergence Study on Associated Factors on Metabolic Syndrome among Inpatients with Schizophrenia
조현병 입원환자의 대사증후군 관련요인에 대한 융복합연구
- Oh, Eunjin (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Gang, Monnhee (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Myoungsook (Nursing department of Howon University)
- Received : 2018.08.07
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
Purpose: The purpose of the study was to identify the associated factors on the metabolic syndrome among inpatients with schizophrenia. Methods: The participants were 127 inpatients with schizophrenia from G mental hospital in G city. Collected data were analized with SPSS 22.0 using descriptive statistics,
Schizophrenia;Inpatients;Metabolic syndrome;Risk factor;Prevention
- Mottillo S, Filion KB, Genest J, Joseph L, Pilote L, & Poirier P. (2010). The metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 56(14), 1113-1132. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2010.05.034
- H. S. Jang. (2012). There lationship between metabolic syndrome,its components, and cancer incidence in Korean, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Ulsan, Ulsan.
- J. I. Chang. (2009). Effects of Metabolic Syndrome on Chronic Kidney Disease. Korean Journal of Urology, 50(3), 261-266.
- Glassman AH & Bigger JT Jr. (2001). Antipsychotic drugs: prolonged QTc interval, torsade de pointes, and sudden death. Am J Psychiatry, 158, 1774-82.
- National Rehavilitation Center Rehabilitation Institute. (2016). Disability and Health Statistics. Seoul : National Rehavilitation Center.
- K. D. Kang, Y. H. Sea & B. H. Yoon. (2012). Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in Chronic Schizophrenic Inpatients. Journal of The Korean Society of Biological Therapies in Psychiatry, 18(2), 281-289.
- I. S. Yun, H. S. Go & S. Y. Lee. (2011). A Study of Quality of Life and Body Image in Schizophrenia Patients with Metabolic Syndrome. Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience, 22, 208-213.
- J. K. Park, S. H. Kweon, Y. H. Kim, M. J. Jang & K. G. Oh (2012). Dietary Behaviors Related to Metabolic Syndrome in Korean Adults. Korean J Community Nutr 17(5), 664-675. https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2012.17.5.664
- J. W. Roh, Y. S. Cho & A. H. Cho. (2011). The Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome Among Inpatients with Schizophrenia. Korean Journal of Biological Psychiatry, 18(1), 46-54.
- W. J. Kim et al. (2011). Body Weight and Metabolic Changes in First-Episode Psychotic Patients with Antipsychotics Use : A Retrospective Study, Journal of the Korean Society of Biological Therapies, 17(2), 229-238.
- Galling B, Roldan A, Nielsen RE, Nielsen J, Gerhard T & Carbon M. (2016). Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Youth Exposed to Antipsychotics: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA psychiatry, 73(3), 247-59.
- Wildgust H. J. & Beary, M. (2010). Are there modifiable risk factors which will reduce the excess mortality in schizophrenia? J Psychopharmacology, 24, 37-50.
- DE Hert M, Correll CU & Bobes J, Cetkovich-Bakmas M, Cohen D & Asai I. (2011). Physical illness in A patients with severe mental disorders. I. Prevalence, impact of medications and disparities in health care, World psychiatry, 10, 52-77.
- S. M. Lee, I. H. Shim, Y. S. Woo, J. T. Yeon & W. Y. Park. (2014). A Trend of Medication Prescription Pattern for Outpatients with Bipolar Disorder in a University Hospital: Focusing on Atypical Antipsychotics, Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience, 25(3), 124-133.
- S. H. Lee & S. H. Cho. (2015). Factors Influencing Metabolic Syndrome among Mental Health Facility Patients with Schizophrenia, J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, 25(1), 1-10.
- S. M. Joo & K. H. Lee. (2012). Effect of smoking on heart rate variability in patients with schizophrenia, Keimyung Journal of Nursing Science, 16(2), 33-41.
- M. O. Kim, H. J. Lee, E. J. Park & K. H. Lee. (2010). Nutrient Intake and Risk of Metabolic Syndrome in Male Smokers. Korean Joutnal of Cpmmunity Nutrition, 15(6), 783-795.
- Phutane VH, Tek C, Chwastiak L, Ratliff JC, Ozyuksel B & Woods SW. (2011). Cardiovascular risk in a first-episode psychosis sample: a 'critical period' for prevention? Schizophr Res, 127, 257-61.
- Saha S, Chant D & McGrath J. (2007). A systematic review of mortality in schizophrenia: Is the differential mortality gap worsening over time? Arch Gen Psychiatry, 64, 1123-1131.
- M. K. Park et al. (2012). The Association between Smoking and Prolonged QT Intervals in Schizophrenic Patients. Joutnal of the Korean Society of Biological Therapies in Psychiatry, 18(2), 238-245.
- K. R. Park & Y. C. Cho. (2016). Prevalence Rates of Risk Factors of Metabolic Syndrome, and Its Related with Obesity Indices Among the Health Checkup Examinees. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(3), 153-162. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.3.153
- U. Y. Jang et al. (2014). Changes of Body Weight and Metabolic Syndrome in Psychiatric Inpatients ,Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience, 25(4), 207-216
- Y. Y. Nam, C. S. Kim, C. W. Ahn, K. M Park, B. Ryu, C. H. Kim (2006). Clinical Correlates of Metabolic Syndrome in Patients with Chronic Schizophrenia, Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience, 17(4), 335-341.
- Mitchell AJ, Vancampfort D, Sweers K, van Winkel R & De Hert M.(2013) Prevalence of metabolic syndrome and metabolic abnormalities in schizophrenia and related disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Schizophr Bull, 39(2), 306-18. https://doi.org/10.1093/schbul/sbr148
- S. U. Lee. (2017). Risk factors for relapse and physical illness in patients with first-episode schizophrenia. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- H. S Cha & H. J. Park. (2016). Effects of Auricular Acupressure on Obesity in Women with Abdominal Obesity. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 46(2), 249-259. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2016.46.2.249
- S. G. Min. (2015). Modern psychiatry(6th Edition ). Seoul: ilchokak.
- J. S. Lee, J. Y. Kim, J. H. Ann & C. Y. Kim. (2005). Diabetic Ketoacidosis in a Schizophrenic Patient Treated with Olanzapine : A Case Report, Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 44(1), 116-119.
- Pramyothin P & Khaodhiar L. (2010). Metabolic syndrome with the atypical antipsychotics, Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes, 17, 460-466.
- S. H. Kim et al. (2010). Effect of Weight Control Program for Psychiatric Inpatient on Atypical Antipsychotics. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 10(1), 286-286.