- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Effect of the Simulation-based Cooperation Program on Self-efficacy, Social problem-solving ability, and College life adjustment of Health College Students
시뮬레이션 기반 연합프로그램이 보건계열 대학생의 자기효능감, 사회적 문제해결 및 대학생활 적응에 미치는 효과
- Oh, Eun-Young (Department of Nursing, Kkottongnae University) ;
- Choi, Ye-Sook (Department of Nursing, Daejeon Health Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2018.07.30
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of the simulation-based cooperation program on self-efficacy, social problem-solving ability and college life adjustment of health college students. Methods: A nonequivalent control group pre-posttest design was used. Sixty-eight students were in the experimental group receiving the simulation-based cooperation program, and 68 were in the control group with no treatment. Results: There were significant increases in self-efficacy(z=-4.70, p<.001) and college life adjustment(t=2.03, p<.05) in the experimental group compared to the control group. However, there was no difference in the social problem-solving ability (z=-1.87, p=.061) between the experimental and control groups. Conclusion: The findings indicate that the simulation-based cooperation program has a significant effect on improving self-efficacy and college life adjustment in health college students. Thus the simulation-based cooperation program to promote the social problem-solving ability needs to be more developed and research related with cooperation program is further needed.
Simulation training Self efficacy;Social problem;Social adjustments;Students
- J. S. Lee. & S. H. Yang. (2014). Study on the development a nd operation methods of NCS based curriculum in departments of health-related departments. Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, 8(3), 281-291. DOI : 10.21184/jkeia.2014.09.8.3.281 https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2014.09.8.3.281
- S. U. Kim. (2002). Directions of higher education for intelligent man power development in knowledge-based society. Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, 34(1), 117-135.
- K. Waxman. (2010). The development of evidence-based clinical simulation scenarios: Guidelines for nurse educators. Journal of Nursing Education, 49(1), 29-35. https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20090916-07
- J. H. Song & M. W. Kim. (2013). Study on Clinical Education for Nursing in Hospitals in Korea. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 19(2), 251-264. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.251. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.251
- K. W. Kim, S. H. Lee, & H. K. Park. (2013). Reforming medical education for strengthening primary care. Journal of the Korean Medical Association, 56(10), 891-898. DOI : 10.5124/jkma.2013.56.10.891 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2013.56.10.891
- S. Y. Kim & Y. S. Ham. (2015). A Meta-analysis of the effect of simulation based education: Korean nurses and nursing Students. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 21(3), 308-319. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.308 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.308
- Standard Korean Dictionary, Simulation, https://ko.dict.naver.com/detail.nhn?docid=23465400, Sep, 2018.
- A. Bandura. (1982). Self-efficacy mechanism in human agency, American Psychologist, 37(2), 122-147. DOI : 10.1037/0003-066X.37.2.122 https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.37.2.122
- K. K. Kim, J. Yoon, S. Y. Park & J. H. Bae. (2008). The effect of interdisciplinary cooperation project learning ability of university students learning on communication, problem-solving, and self-directed. The Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, 14(2), 252-261. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.1 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.2.252
- J. Y. Yoo, J. Y. Park & C. H. Woo. (2015). Career attitude maturity, calling, and work as meaning affecting student adjustment to college among health college students. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 21(5), 480-488. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2015.21.5.480 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.5.480
- H. S. Park & K. S. Jeong. (2013). Influence of self-directed learning ability and creativity on college adjustment in nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 19(4), 549-557. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.4.549 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.4.549
- E. H. Choi, K. N. Kwon & E. J. Lee. (2013). Achievements of nursing students among simulation and traditional education of bleeding patients. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 19(1), 52-59. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.52 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.52
- M. O. Chae. (2015). Effects of a simulation-based program on self-directed learning ability, metacognition and clinical competence in a nursing student. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(10), 6832-6838. DOI : 10.5762/kais.2015.16.10.6832 https://doi.org/10.5762/kais.2015.16.10.6832
- E. H. Ha & H. S. Song. (2015). The effects of structured self-debriefing using on the clinical competency, self-efficacy, and educational satisfaction in nursing students after simulation. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 21(4), 445-454. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.4.445 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.4.445
- M. J. Lee & D. Y. Jung. (2014). The Impact of a Simulation-based education program for emergency airway management on self-efficacy and clinical performance among nurses. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 26(1), 1-10. DOI :10.7475/kjan.2014.26.1.1 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2014.26.1.1
- W. S. Lee, S. H. Park & E. Y. Choi. (2008). Development of a korean problem solving process inventory for adults. Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 15(4), 548-557.
- Y. H. Kim & K. S. Jang. (2011). Effect of a simulation-based education on cardio-pulmonary emergency care knowledge, clinical performance ability and problem solving process in new nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 41(2), 245-255. DOI : 10.4040/jkan.2011.41.2.245 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.2.245
- J. M. Kim & Y. S. Choi. (2015). Effect of practice education using the simulator, critical thinking, problem solving ability and nursing process confidence of nursing students. ournal of Digital Convergence, 13(4), 263-270. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.263 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.263
- S. H. Yang & S. H. Hong. (2017). Development and Effects of Simulation Practice Program about Family centered Delivery Care. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 23(1), 52-61. DOI : 10.4069/kjwhn.2017.23.1.52 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2017.23.1.52
- H. J. Chae. (2015). The needs and effects of convergence-based simulation practice for obstetrical nursing. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(9), 377-386. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.377 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.377
- D. H. Kim, Y. J. Lee, M. S. Hwang, J. H. Park, H. S.Kim & H. G. Cha. (2012). Effects of a Simulation-based Integrated Clinical Practice Program(SICPP) on the problem solving process, clinical competence and critical thinking in a nursing student. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 18(3), 499-509. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.3.499 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.3.499
- M. Y. Moon. (2017). Effects of convergence-based integrated simulation practice program on the clinical decision making, problem solving process, clinical competence and confidence of core fundamental nursing skill performance for nursing students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(7), 271-284. DOI : 10.13300/JDC.2017.15.7.271 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.7.271
- E. Y. Kim, J. H. Kim & Y. S. Choi. (2011). Effects of reflective activity on learning flow, academic self-efficacy, and academic achievement toward the use of Social Network Services (SNS) on cooperative learning. Korean Journal of Educational Methodology Studies, 23(4), 665-686. DOI : 10.17927/tkjems.2011.23.4.665 https://doi.org/10.17927/tkjems.2011.23.4.665
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. Buchner & A. G. Lang. (2009). Statistical Power Analyses Using G* Power 3.1: Tests for Correlation and Regression Analyses. Behavior research methods, 41(4), 1149-1160. DOI : 10.3758/brm.41.4.1149 https://doi.org/10.3758/brm.41.4.1149
- A. Y. Kim & J. E. Cha. (1997). Efficacy of measurement. The Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology Winter Conference Proceedings, 51-64.
- Y. A. Choi.(2002). Study of the reliability and validity of the social problem solving inventory-revised (SPSI-R). The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, 21(2), 413-428.
- J. W. Hyun (1992). The effect of perfectionism and evaluative threat on the performance of task. Unpublished master's thesis, Yeonsei University of Korea, Seoul.
- H. K. Kim & I. S. Jeong. (2007). Effects of a newborn care education program on newborn care confidence and behavioral accuracy of primiparas in a postpartum care center. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 37(1), 125-134. DOI : 10.4040/jkan.2007.37.1.125 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.1.125
- Y. S. Lee, J. S. Park, H. K. Lee Y. J. Park et al. (2014). Woman's health Nursing I. 3rd ed. Seoul : Hyunmoonsa. 305-311.
- R. W. Baker & B. Siryk. (1984). Measuring adjustment to college. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 31(2), 179-189. DOI : 10.1037//0022-0184.108.40.206 https://doi.org/10.1037//0022-0220.127.116.11
- C. E. Feingold, M. Calaluce & M. A. Kallen. (2004). Computerized patient model and simulated clinical experiences: Evaluation with baccalaureate nursing students. The Journal of Nursing Education, 43, 156-163.