- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the countermeasures and drones's threats in Military security
군보안상 드론위협과 대응방안
- Kim, Doo-hwan (Dept of Public Administration, Kon Yang University) ;
- Lee, Youn-hwan (Dept of Miliary Defense & Police Administration, Kon Yang University)
- Received : 2018.08.31
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The forces to protect people's life and property against the enemy attack is an organization which is regulated by the constitutional law. In terms of nature, its security is a significant factor to determine success or failure for the war. However, recently the 4th industrial revolution represents the rapid change in the advancement of civilization and technology. It can influence on the environment of military security which can make various changes. Unless taking proper action againsty these changes, it can inflict a vital harm for the organization of forces and its internal security. In this aspect, this study discuss new threats of the military security, above all, the most technical improvements and harms for the drones in terms of security. In addition, the advantages and disadvantages of drones which can influence on the ragions of military command and control, information operations, maneuvers, firepower, operation sustainment supports are analyzed. Moreover, this study set the purpose of developmental security measure for security threats in the aspects of military security.
Drone;Military security;Forces;Security threats;Hacking;Spoofing
- Vodafone.com. (2018). Vodafone to protect the skies with trials of the world's first iot drone tracking and safety technology. [online] Available at: https://www.vodafone.com/content/index/media/vodafone-group-releases/2018/iot-drone-tracking.html [Accessed 28. Aug. 2018].
- En.wikipedia.org. (2018). Secure coding. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/secure_coding [Accessed 28 Aug. 2018]
- H. S. Lee. (2018). A study on Revision of Korean Aviation Act concerning drones. The Korean Air Management Association, 225-230. KiS3618182, ISSN : 1598-8988
- C. S. Kim. (2016). A drones and criminal law. The Chung-Ang Law Association. ISSN : 1598-558X
- Y. H. Kim & K. H. Lee. (2017). A legislative proposal to prevent the infringement of privacy and to solve operational preblems by drones. The Journal Korea Institute Of Information Security And Cryptology, 1141-1147. ISSN : 1598-3986
- J. H. Lee. (February 21, 2009). The Department of Defense, The state department with a aerial photography, The Yeonhap News. p.3 https://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=100&oid=001&aid=0002514587
- K. H. Jung. (2017). The criminal issue of filming using unmanned aerial vehicles(drone)-focusing on personal information protection act violation or positional information violation. The KHU Global Corporate Law Review(10-2), 101-127.
- S. O. Lee. (2018). A study on the improvement of military drone for defense industry development as a new growth engine. The Korean Military Academy, 37, 32. ISSN : 1229-1609
- H. C. Mun. (April 3, 2018). The Drone-Bot Combat system for the game changer. The Financial Nesw. p.22 http://www.fnnews.com/news/201804031217484406
- GitHub Introducing Copter. ArduPilot(Website). http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/introduction.html
- J. H. Lee. (June 21, 2017). North Korean drones of the Reconnaissance General Bureau, The Yeonhap News. p.11 http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2017/06/21/0200000000AKR20170621092451014.HTML?input=1195m
- J. Y. An. (January 10, 2018). Annual increase in drone use cases., The Global Economy Times. p54 http://www.getnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?ud=2018011015455837514b51928797_16
- Y. S. Lim. (2018). Exploring response of sports safety paradigm change and drone terror threat. The Master's thesis of The Seong Guen Guan University.
- W. H. Kim. (2017). A study on application of drone thchnology. The Journal of Korea Institute Of Information, electronics, and communication technology. (2017) 601-608. ISSN : 2005-081X
- K. Kim. (2013). Analysis of Anti-Jamming Techniques for Satellite Naviation Systems. The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences 38(12), 1216-1227.
- Radionavlab.ae.utexas.edu.(2018)[onilne] Available at:https://radionavlab.ae.utexas.edu/images/stories/files/papers/drone_hack_shepared.pdf [Accessed 28 Aug. 2018]
- J. Reagan. (2018). New Security Hack Seizes Control of Drones. [online] Dronelife. Available at: https://dronelife.com/2016/10/31/new-security-hack-seizes-control-drones/ [Accessed 28. Aug. 2018]
- H. Kim. (September 11, 2015). The Urgent measures to deal with the surge of Drone's illegal flights. The News 1. p.20 http://news1.kr/articles/?2417442
- H. S. Um. (August 28, 2018). We nees to fix the law to revitalize the drone industry. The Security News. p17 https://www.boannews.com/media/view.asp?idx=72469&utm_source=dable
- S. M. Kim. (2018). The problems with current legal definitions and commercial operations of drones. The Korean Journal of Air & Space Law and Policy, 33(1), 41. KiS3618182, ISSN : 1598-8988
- S. H. Kim. (2018). A study on the prevention of terrorism and terrorism by using the drones. The Master's thesis of The Chung Nam University.
- J. M. An. (2006). The national Informatics, Seoul : Pakyoun Publishing, p. 194.
- S. Pine. (1995). Deficiencies in military counterintelligence: A view from the filed, International journal of Intelligence and CounterIntelligence, 8(2), 221-227. https://doi.org/10.1080/08850609508435279
- S. Y. Maeng. (May 3, 2017). The hacking of the Military's internal networks. The Korea defense Daily, p.12 http://kookbang.dema.mil.kr/kookbangWeb/view.do?ntt_writ_date=20170504&parent_no=2&bbs_id=BBSMSTR_000000000003
- H. J. Yun. (October 10, 2017). The hacking of the Military's internal networks. The Sympathy Newspaper. p.8 http://www.gokorea.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=28692