- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Case Study on Teacher Recruitment Experience of Private Kindergarten Director
사립유치원장의 교사 채용 경험에 관한 사례연구
- Pyun, Young-Shin (Division of Childhood Education, B. University)
- 변영신 (백석대학교 사범학부 유아교육과)
- Received : 2018.09.06
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the factors and reasons for hiring kindergarten teachers and to provide information for successful employment to the college. 12 private kindergarten chiefs over 10 years of experience were conducted in - depth interviews. In-depth interview data were analyzed using open coding analysis. 11 sub - factors of each core concept were derived, and they were nominated as 4 outline (character, sociality, personality & professionalism factors). All of the researchers perceived the sincerity, interpersonal stability, honesty, and ability to perform the curriculum as the most important factors to consider, and the teacher with good personality was perceived as the precondition of successful teacher's job performance. In the college, through the production of portfolios by subject, we raised the necessity of institutionalization of educational volunteer activities such as vacation - based education in addition to on - the - spot education at school and development of liberal arts curriculum to develop capacity for community life. And to develop and operate a field-oriented comparative education program to strengthen the competence of the majors.
Kindergarten teacher recruitment;Open coding analysis method;Character factor;Sociality factor;Personality factor;Professionalism factor
Supported by : Baekseok University
- Ministry of Strategy and Finance. (2016). Fixed Budget Press Release.(2016. 01. 05).
- S. W. Hwang. (2012). Counseling on Child Psychology. Seoul : Changjisa Publishing Company.
- N. E. Kwak. (2006). Early Childhood Education Based on Naturalistic Educational Thought. KSSEE, 17(1), 249-268.
- H. J. Lee. (2017). Selection factors and satisfaction of mothers who send infant children to kindergarten. Seoul National University of Education Thesis.
- E. Y. Choi & S. O. Hwang. (2014). Analysis on parents' choice and satisfaction of public and private kindergartens. The Korean Society for Early Childhood Education & Care, 9(1), 151-175. https://doi.org/10.16978/ecec.2014.9.1.007
- B. Spodek & O. N. Saracho. (1993). Handbook of research on the education of young children. N. Y. MaCmillan Publishing Company.
- M. S. Kim, S. J. Kim & O. H. Kang. (2018). The structural relationship between child care teachers' perception of job satisfaction, professionalism, organizational climate, and turnover intention. KSECE, 38(1), 391-415.
- E. Y. Kim. (2013). A Study on the Actual Conditions and Improvement of Child Welfare. Korea Institute of Child Care and Education, 2013-13.
- S. J. Lim, E. J. Yeo & H. W. Lee. (2013). The effects of job satisfaction, self-efficacy, and organizational commitment on child-care teacher's happiness. KSECE., 33(3), 301-318.
- Job analysis report. (2018. May). University of Baekseok.
- J. W. Creswell. (2007). Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design(2nd ed.). Thousand oaks, CA: Sage.
- R. K. Yin. (2003). Case study research: Design and method(3rd ed.). Thousand oaks, CA: Sage.
- Hatch J. A. (2008). Doing Qualitative Research in Education Settings. N. Y. Macmillan Publishing Company.
- S. I. Kim. (2014). The Dictionary of Counselling Psychology Terminology(2nd. ed.). Seoul : Mannamm & Chiyu Publishing Company.
- KSIS. (2018). Future Population Estimation.
- Education Statistics Analysis Data Sheet. (2017). Education Statistics for Kindergarten, Elementary School and Middle School (SM2017-06). Korea Educational Development Institute.