- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A study of the relationship of Entrepreneurship, Absorptive capacity and Creative product
기업가정신, 흡수역량과 창의성과 간의 관계에 관한 연구
- Han, Byung-Cheol (Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Cho, Yong-Hwa (Consulting School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Song, Chan-sub (Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kim, Eun-Kyeong (Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Sun-Kyu (Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- 한병철 (금오공과대학교 경영학과) ;
- 조용화 (금오공과대학교 컨설팅대학원) ;
- 송찬섭 (금오공과대학교 경영학과) ;
- 김은경 (금오공과대학교 경영학과) ;
- 이선규 (금오공과대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2018.08.20
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
To improve Organization's creative product by using external knowledge and information. This study suggests the procedure among Entrepreneurship, absorptive capacity(Potential absorptive capacity, Realized absorptive capacity), Creative product. To the empirical analysis of the theoretical relationship, The research model was set up through literature research. method Empirical analysis was conducted using total 487 questionnaires from worker of electronic industry in Kyung-buk region. the results of this study are as followings; First, Entrepreneurship related positively to Creative product. Second, Creative product was affected through process in order of Entrepreneurship, Potential absorptive capacity, Realized absorptive capacity. This results contribute to the improvement of organization's Creativity and the utilization of external knowledge.
Entrepreneurship;Absorptive capacity;Creative product;Potential absorptive capacity;realized absorptive capacity
- C. E. Shalley. (1995). Effects of Coaction, Expected Evaluation, and Goal Setting on Creativity and Productivity. Academy of Management Journal, 38(2), 483-503. DOI : 10.5465/256689 https://doi.org/10.5465/256689
- A. H. Lassen, F. Gertsen & J. O. Riis. (2006). The Nexus of Corporate Entrepreneurship and Radical Innovation. Creativity and Innovation Management, 15(4), 359-372. DOI : 10.1111/j.1467-8691.2006.00406.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8691.2006.00406.x
- K. O'Quin & S. P. Besemer. (1989). The development, reliability, and validity of the revised creative product semantic scale. Creativity Research Journal, 2(4), 267-278. DOI : 10.1080/10400418909534323 https://doi.org/10.1080/10400418909534323
- A. K. Gupta, & V. Govindarajan. (2000). Knowledge flows within multinational corporations. Strategic management journal, 21(4), 473-496. DOI : 10.1002/(sici)1097-0266(200004)21:4<473::aid-smj 84>3.0.co;2-i https://doi.org/10.1002/(sici)1097-0266(200004)21:4<473::aid-smj84>3.0.co;2-i
- R. W. Weisberg. (2006). Creativity: Understanding innovation in problem solving, science, invention, and the arts. Hoboken, N.J : John Wiley & Sons.
- T. M. Amabile. (1983). The social psychology of creativity: A componential conceptualization. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 45(2), 357-376. DOI : 10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1997 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.527
- R. W. Woodman, J. E. Sawyer & R. W. Griffin. (1993). Toward a Theory of Organizational Creativity. Academy of Management Review, 18(2), 293-321. DOI : 10.5465/amr.1993.3997517 https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1993.3997517
- A. Cummings & G. R. Oldham. (1997). Enhancing Creativity: Managing Work Contexts for the High Potential Employee. California Management Review, 40(1), 22-38. DOI : 10.2307/41165920 https://doi.org/10.2307/41165920
- S. A. Zahra. (1991). Predictors and financial outcomes of corporate entrepreneurship: An exploratory study. Journal of Business Venturing, 6(4), 259-285. DOI : 10.1016/0883-9026(91)90019-a https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-9026(91)90019-a
- Y. S. Kim & S. B. Sohn. (2011). The Influence of Entrepreneurship on the Performance of Korean Traditional Medicine Manufacturing and Distribution Industry - Mediating Effect of Knowledge Management Process. Journal of Business Education, 25 (1), 85-113.
- S. A. Zahra. (1996). Technology strategy and new venture performance: A study of corporate-sponsored and independent biotechnology ventures. Journal of Business Venturing, 11(4), 289-321. DOI : 10.1016/0883-9026(95)00128-x https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-9026(95)00128-x
- M. Alavi & D. E. Leidner. (2001). Knowledge management and knowledge management systems: Conceptual foundations and research issues. MIS quarterly, 107-136. DOI : 10.2307/3250961 https://doi.org/10.2307/3250961
- A. Styhre & M. Sundgren. (2005). Managing Creativity in Organizations. New York : Palgrave Macmillan. DOI : 10.1057/9780230505575 https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230505575
- C. K. Prahalad & G. Hamel. (1994). Strategy as a field of study: Why search for a new paradigm? Strategic Management Journal, 15(S2), 5-16. DOI : 10.1002/smj.4250151002 https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250151002
- J. Hamel & B. Verspagen. (2002). Technology-gaps, innovation-diffusion and transformation: an evolutionary interpretation. Research Policy, 31(8-9), 1291-1304. DOI : 10.1016/s0048-7333(02)00064-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/s0048-7333(02)00064-1
- J. G. Miller & D. P. Slevin. (1989). Strategic management of small firms in hostile and benign environments. Strategic Management Journal, 10(1), 75-87. DOI : 10.1002/smj.4250100107 https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250100107
- S. S. Kim. (2014). Entrepreneurship Successful Creative Executives: Theory and practice, Seoul : Topbooks.
- G. T. Lumpkin & G. G. Dess. (1996). Clarifying the Entrepreneurial Orientation Construct and Linking It To Performance. Academy of Management Review, 21(1), 135-172. DOI : 10.5465/amr.1996.9602161568 https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1996.9602161568
- J. K. Kim. (1994). Entrepreneurship concept and research approach. Journal of the Korean Management Association, 9, 27-52.
- C. W. Lee. (1999). A Study on the Role and Organizational Performance of Organizational Entrepreneurship: Focused on Fundamental Theories of Resources. Ph.D Thesis, Seoul National University Graduate School, Seoul.
- W. M. Cohen & D. A. Levinthal. (1990). Absorptive Capacity: A New Perspective on Learning and Innovation. Administrative Science Quarterly, 35(1), 128. DOI : 10.2307/2393553 https://doi.org/10.2307/2393553
- S. A. Zahra & G. George. (2002). Absorptive Capacity: A Review, Reconceptualization, and Extension. Academy of Management Review, 27(2), 185-203. DOI : 10.5465/amr.2002.6587995 https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.2002.6587995
- G. Szulanski. (1996). Exploring internal stickiness: Impediments to the transfer of best practice within the firm. Strategic Management Journal, 17(S2), 27-43. DOI : 10.1002/smj.4250171105 https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250171105
- P. J. Lane & M. Lubatkin. (1998). Relative absorptive capacity and interorganizational learning. Strategic management journal, 19(5), 461-477. DOI : 10.1002/(sici)1097-0266(199805)19:5<461::aid-smj953>3.3.co;2-c https://doi.org/10.1002/(sici)1097-0266(199805)19:5<461::aid-smj953>3.3.co;2-c
- M. J. Lee, H. J, Song & S, J, Lee. (2013). A Diagnosis Research on Korea's Official Development Assistance in e-Gov: Focused on Mongolia and Vietnam. Journal of Korean Association for Regional Information Society, 16(2), 27-61.
- A. C. Boynton, R. W. Zmud & G. C. Jacobs. (1994). The Influence of IT Management Practice on IT Use in Large Organizations. MIS Quarterly, 18(3), 299. DOI : 10.2307/249620 https://doi.org/10.2307/249620
- F. A. J. Van den Bosch, H. W. Volberda & M. de Boer. (1999). Coevolution of Firm Absorptive Capacity and Knowledge Environment: Organizational Forms and Combinative Capabilities. Organization Science, 10(5), 551-568. DOI : 10.1287/orsc.10.5.551 https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.10.5.551
- A. Zaheer & G. G. Bell. (2005). Benefiting from network position: firm capabilities, structural holes, and performance. Strategic Management Journal, 26(9), 809-825. DOI : 10.1002/smj.482 https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.482
- Malhotra, Gosain & Sawy. (2005). Absorptive Capacity Configurations in Supply Chains: Gearing for Partner-Enabled Market Knowledge Creation. MIS Quarterly, 29(1), 145. DOI : 10.2307/25148671 https://doi.org/10.2307/25148671
- M. A. White & G. D. Bruton. (2010). The management of technology and innovation: A strategic approach. Mason, OH : Cengage Learning.
- J. Zhou & C. E. Shalley. (2003). Research on employee creativity: A critical review and directions for future research. Research in Personnel and Human Resources Management, 165-217. DOI : 10.1016/s0742-7301(03)22004-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/s0742-7301(03)22004-1
- P. Drucker. (2014). Innovation and entrepreneurship. London ; New York : Routledge.
- H. Stevenson & D. Gumpert. (1985). The heart of entrepreneurship.
- D. Miller. (1983). The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms. Management Science, 29(7), 770-791. DOI : 10.1287/mnsc.29.7.770 https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.29.7.770