- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Operational Activation strategies of Gyeongin Port Using Fuzzy-IPA
Fuzzy-IPA분석을 활용한 경인항 운영 활성화에 대한 연구
- Park, Jong-Min (Graduate School of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Yang, Tae-Hyeon (Graduate School of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Park, Sung-Hoon (Graduate School of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Yeo, Gi-Tae (Graduate School of Logistics, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2018.08.10
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
Gyeongin Port has low awareness, insufficient hinterland infrastructures, and lower competitiveness. So, in this study, we conducted Fuzzy-IPA analysis reflecting the recognition of the consignor companies that are using Gyeongin port to suggest present practical improvement measures for the activation of the operation of Gyeongin port hereafter. As a result of the analysis, three factors, that is, cargo loading/unloading/storage costs, port facility fees, and incentive and support were derived as priority investment areas. Three factors, that is, cargo safety, infrastructure equipment, and inland transportation costs were derived as the areas for maintenance strengthening and factors related to cargo handling and service factors were derived as areas for maintenance of the status quo and areas for gradual improvement, respectively. This study is significant in that it analyzed the recognition of the consignor companies that are using Gyeongin port using a quantifying method and suggested realizable measures for activation based on the results of the analysis. In future studies, the frequency of ships' calling at the port and measures to diversify the sea routes should be additionally reflected on the analysis.
Fuzzy-IPA;Gyeongin Port;Operation Factor;Improvement Plan;Activation Strategies
- M. Malchow & A. Kanafani. (2001). A disaggregate analysis of factors influencing a port's attractiveness. Maritime policy and management, 28(3), 265-278. https://doi.org/10.1080/03088830110060840
- S. J. Yoo, H. J. Jung, W. K. Park & G. T. Yeo. (2011). An Analysis of Selection Factors for Capital Region Ports of Call Using the Fuzzy Theory. Journal Of Korea Port Economic Association, 27(2), 39-57.
- Y. C. Lee, J. K. Lee & G. T. Yeo. (2015). A Study on Enhancement of Incheon New Port`s Competitiveness by analysing Potential Shippers' Port Selection Criteria. Korean Journal of Logistics, 23(5), 37-51.
- T. W. Kim, Y. S. Kim, K. S. Kwak & K. C. Nam. (2006). Analysis on the Relation Between Port Competition Players and Port Selection Factors. Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, 30(3), 219-226.
- B. Wiegmans, A. V. Hoest & T. Notteboom. (2008). Port and Terminal Selection by Deep-sea Container Operators. Maritime Policy and Management, 35(6), 517-534. https://doi.org/10.1080/03088830802469329
- H. H. Jang & J. K. Lee. (2008). An Activation Device for Gwangyang Port according to the Port Determinants by Shipping Company and Shippers. Korea Logistics Review, 18(3), 87-109.
- Y. Z. Song, H. C. Park & M. R. Kim. (2007) A Study of the Actual Condition for Inducing Container Cargos to Gunsan Port. Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, 23(4), 71-90.
- G. S. Kim & K. S. Kwak. (2008) Analysis of Global Competition Factors at Busan Port. The Journal of Shipping and Logistics, 57, 25-47.
- K.Y.A. NG. (2006). Assessing the attractiveness of ports in the North European container transshipment market: an agenda for future research in port competitiveness, Maritime Economic Logistics, 8(3), 234-250. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.mel.9100158
- K. Y. Oh, K. S. Choi & C. S. Kim. (2009). A study on the selection factors of small-medium sized port. Korea Logistics Review, 19(5), 81-102.
- N. W. Park. K. H. Chi & C. J. Chung. (2003). GIS-based Data-driven Geological Data Integration using Fuzzy Logic: Theory and Application. Economic and Environmental Geology, 36(3), 243-255.
- C. B. Lee & J. M. Lee. (2003). A Study on Changes in Competitive Factors : focused on Asia Neighbor ports. Journal Of Korea Port Economic Association, 19(1), 43-68.
- Y. S. Jung. (2015). An Efficiency Management Scheme using Big Data of Healthcare Patients using Fuzzy AHP. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(3), 227-233.
- U. J. Chang, J. H. Nam & K. B. Kim. (2003). A Study on Learning Evaluation Method by Using Fuzzy Theory. Journal of The Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, 7(5), 853-862.
- L. A. Zadeh. (1973). Outline of a new approach to the analysis od complex systems and decision processes. IEEE Transactions on system, Man, and Cybernetics, 1, 28-44.
- L. A. Zadeh. (1965). Fuzzy sets. Information and Control, 8(3), 338-353.
- J. A. Martilla & J. C. James. (1977). Importance-Performance Analysis. Journal of Marketing, 41(1), 77-79. https://doi.org/10.2307/1250495
- H. J. Kim & J. M. Lee. (2017). A Study on the Recognition of Swimsuit Brand Image Using IPA Technique. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(3), 467-477.
- D. G. Kwon. (2011). The Study on the plan of improving the service quality in the food industry by the IPA matrix. International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 26(1), 1-31.
- S. M. Jo & H. G. Jo. (2013). A Study on Post-Office Member's Recognition of Competency by IPA(Importance-Performance Analysis. Journal of Human Resource Management Research, 20(2), 55-76.
- S. H. Choe. (2008). Empirical Analysis of the Determinants for Shippers' Selection of Gwangyang Port. Journal of Korea port economic association, 24(4), 199-217.
- J. L. Tongzon. (2009). Port choice and freight forwarders. Transportation Research. Part E, 45(1), 186-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2008.02.004
- S. H. Jo, S. H. Park & G. T. Yeo. (2018). A Study on the Port Selection for Capital Area Cargoes Using Conjoint Analysis-Focusing on Jeju S Mineral water. Journal of Shipping and Logistics, 98, 1-24.
- J. J. Su. (2016). 2016-2020 The 3rd National Port Basic Plan Revision Plan. Sejong : Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries.
- J. K. Lee & G. T. Yeo. (2015). An Analysis of the Port Competition Structure: Focusing on Import and Export Items of Ports in Western Coast Region. Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, 31(4), 265-278.
- C. H. LEE & I. S. Sun. (2017). A Review for Development Strategy od Gyeongin Port. Journal of Digital Convergence, 33(3), 139-154.
- C. H. Lee & T. W. Chung. (2013). A Study on an Analysis of the Importance of the Selection Factors for the Location of the Gyeong-in Ara Waterway Gimpo Gochon Logistics Complex. Journal of Shipping and Logistics, 77, 255-273.
- T. H. Lee, G. S. Jo, H. J. Jung & G. T. Yeo. (2013). Kyungin Port's customers' needs analysis using Importance-Performance Analysis. Korea Logistics Review, 79, 741-763.
- Y. T. Lim, C. H. Park & C. H. Chang. (2013). Strategic Planning for Increasing the Capital Ports' Global Competitiveness. Journal of Shipping and Logistics, 78, 435-456.
- J. A. Park & M. S. Park. (2007). The Study on Port Selection Factors for Activation of Port - In the case of Mokpo Port. Journal of Maritime Business, 10, 119-139.
- J. S. Jung. (2015). Strategies for Masan Port to Attract Exporters: based on Analysis of Factors Determining Port Choice. Korea Logistics Review, 25(1), 1-15.