- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Impact of Innovation Cluster Activity on Enterprise Performance - Focused on Daejeon -
혁신클러스터 활동이 기업의 경영성과에 미치는 영향연구 - 대전지역을 중심으로 -
- Lee, Yoon-koo (School of Corporate Management Corporate Management Major, WooSong University) ;
- Hyun, Byung-hwan (Dept of Business Consulting, DaeJeon University)
- Received : 2018.07.29
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
This study was designed to provide implications for related policies by researching the impact on business management performances focusing on the activities within the innovation clusters based on small and medium venture companies in Daejeon area. The questionnaires from 212 CEOs of small and medium venture businesses in Daejeon were analyzed and verified the research hypothesis using SPSS 21. From the empirical analysis, we confirmed the following results; activity of information exchange, information acquisition and solving activity between demand and supplier showed positive effects on business management performance, however the concern and relationship have no effects on business management performance. From this study, we suggest that the active participation in activity of innovation cluster and various supporting systems or policies have to expand for sustainable growth and development of companies within innovation cluster. We also propose that companies needs to try to more efforts on enhance the mutual satisfaction or forming a consensus for cooperation. This study also propose the implications that the companies, innovation cluster must try on efforts to improve relation among members for enhancing the lack of concerns and relationship.
Innovation cluster;Mutual activity;Innovator;Information exchange;Information acquisition;Business performance
Supported by : WooSong University
- C. T. Street & A. F. Cameron. (2007). External Relationships and the Small Business: A Review of Small Business Alliance and Network Research. Journal of Small Business Management, 45(2), 239-266. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-627X.2007.00211.x
- M. S. Kim & K. S. Hong. (2013). The Impact of Organization Justice on Social Capital and Knowledge Sharing. Korea Journal of Business Administration, 26(5), 1123-1148.
- J. W. Kim. (2012). The Effects of External Collaborations on the Innovation Performance of Korean Venture Businesses. Journal of Korea technology innovation society, 15(3), 533-556.
- T. H. Nam. (2013). The Ef ect of the Network Characteristics and Firm Performance on the Regional Innovative Cluster Performance. Ph. D. Dissertation. Kyungil University, Kyungsan
- B. Fynes, C. Voss & S. de Burca. (2005). The impact of supply chain relationship quality on quality performance. International journal of production economics, 96(3), 339-354. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2004.05.008
- Y. S. Cho & K. I. Khoe. (2018). The moderating effedts of organizational culture on the relationship among open information innovation, strategic alliance and export performance of SMEs. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(2), 219-225. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.2.219
- N. ORegan, A. Ghobadian & M. Sims. (2006). Fast tracking innovation in manufacturing SMEs. Technovation, 26(2), 251-261. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2005.01.003
- T. S. Manolova, N. M. Carter, I. M. Manev & B. S. Gyoshev(2007). The Differential Effect of Men and Women Entrepreneurs' Human Capital and Networking on Growth Expectancies in Bulgaria. Entrepreneurship: Theory & Practice, 31(3), 407-426.
- Y. Yu, T. X. Hao, X. Y. Dong & M. Khalifa. (2013). A multilevel model for effects of social capital and knowledge sharing in knowledge-intensive work teams. International Journal of Information Management, 33(5), 780-790. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2013.05.005
- A. S. Cui., R. J. Calantone & D. A. Griffith. (2011). Strategic change and termination of interfirm partnerships. Strategic management journal, 32(4), 402-423. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.881
- J. P. Choi. (2012). (A) Study on On-Of line Social Network Af ecting Job Performance and Career Success. Ph. D. Dissertation. Kookmin University, Seoul.
- S. Appelt, B. Van Beuzekom, F. Galindo-Rueda & R. de Pinho. (2017). Which factors influence the international mobility of research scientists? OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers, 1-31.
- K. J. Lee & M. S. Chung. (2017). The Effects of Human, Social and Cultural Capitals on Economic Independence and Life Satisfaction in Disabled Persons. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 337-348. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.337
- L. Andrea. (2012). How Can External Relationships Enhance Innovation in SMEs? New Evidence for Europe. Journal of Small Business Management, 50(2), 310-339. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-627X.2012.00355.x
- W. Tsai. & S. Ghoshal. (1998). Social capital and value creation: The role of intrafirm networks. Academy of Management Journal, 41(4), 464-476.
- G. J. Kim & S. G. Yi. (2018). A Study on the Effect of the Information System Factors and the Organizational Factors of Venture Firms on Procedural Management Performance. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(2), 209-218. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.2.209
- S. S. Bang & B. M. Kim. (2014). The Effect of External Collaborations and Information Sharing on Corporate Performance. Academy of Management Journal, 88, 137-157.
- K. M. ndrews. & B. I. Delahaye. (2000). Influences on knowledge process in organizational learning: The psychosocial filter. Journal of Management Studies, 37(6), 792-810.
- P. S. Adle. & S. W. Kwon. (2002). Social Capital: prospects for a new concept. Academy of Management Review, 27, 17-40.
- B. McEvily, V. Perrone & A. Zaheer. (2003). Trust as an Organizing Principle. Organization Science, 14(1), 91-103. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.188.8.131.5214
- M. G. Huh. (2011). Social Capital, Knowledge Creation, and Innovation. Korean journal of Management, 19(1), 41-78.
- G. Todorova & B. Durisin. (2007). Absorptive Capacity: Valuing a Reconceptualization. Academy of Management Review, 32(3), 774-786. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.2007.25275513
- N. Tzokas, Y. A. Kim & H. Akbar. (2015). Absorptive capacity and performance: The role of customer relationship and technological capabilities in high-tech SMEs. Industrial Marketing Management, 47, 134-142.
- K. S. An & J. Y. Hwang. (2017). The Effects of Social Capital on Occupational Aspiration in University Students. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 8(9), 237-247. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.237
- J. Nahapiet & S. Ghosh. (1998). Social capital, intellectual capital, and the organizational advantage. Academy of Management Review, 23(2), 242-266. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1998.533225
- K. Kim. (2012). The Impact of Organizational Social Capital on Knowledge Management Activities and Organizational Performance: Based on Officials' Perceptions in Local Government. The Korea Public Administration Journal, 21(1), 125-161.
- K. J. Kim & B. K. Ching. (2008). Focused on the Moderating Effect of Psychological Capital: A Study on the Impact of Intellectual Capital on the Innovative Behavior. Productivity review, 22(1), 25-47.
- J. S. Coleman. (2014). Social capital in the creation of human capital. International Library of Critical Writings in Economics, 292, 380-405.
- D. De Clercq & D. Rangarajan (2008). The Role of Perceived Relational Support in Entrepreneur -Customer Dyads. Entrepreneurship: Theory & Practice, 32(4), 659-683.
- M. Westerlund & S. Svahn. (2008). A Relationship Value Perspective of Social Capital in Networks of Software SMEs. Industrial Marketing Management, 37(5), 492-501. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2008.04.003
- D. M. De Carolis & P. Saparito. (2006). Social Capital, Cognition, and Entrepreneurial Opportunities: A Theoretical Framework. Entrepreneurship: Theory & Practice, 30(1), 41-56.
- I. Castro & J. L. Roldan. (2013). A mediation model between dimensions of social capital. International Business Review, 22(6), 1034-1050. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ibusrev.2013.02.004
- K. W. Lee. (2009). The Ef ect of Strength of Ties and Diversity of Ties in the Venture Business Networks on the Venture Business Performance. Ph. D. Dissertation. Seoul Venture University, Seoul.
- E. K. Park & T. G. Kang. (2014). Effects of Entrepreneurial Orientation and Network Capabilities on International Performance of Korean small and medium-sized Enterprises. International Business Journal, 25(3), 97-131. https://doi.org/10.14365/ibj.2014.25.3.4
- S. S. Ryou. (2011). The Effects of Network Types and Relational Factors on the Learning and Performance in Corporate. Ph. D. Dissertation. Chosun University, Gwangju.
- H. D. Seol. (2014). Transformational Leadership, Social Capital, and Knowledge Sharing. The Korean-Japanese Journal of Economics & Management Studies, 62, 45-69.
- S. S. Song. (2009). Evolution of Science and Technology Poles : The Case of Daedeok Science Town. Journal of Science & Technology Studies, 9(1), 33-55.
- W. D. Kim & K. G. Kim. (2007). Development and Application of Evaluation Indicators of Innovation Cluster Networks: Focused on Daedeok IT Cluster. Seoul : Science and Technology Policy Institute.
- M. K. Min, I. K. Lee & J. C. Park. (2008). Characterizing Social Networks among High-Tech Venture Firms for Efficiently Securing their Management Resources-A case study of High-Tech Venture Firms in Daedeok Innopolis Zone. Korea Journal of Business Administration, 6(71), 2532-2547.
- D. W. Ryu. (2007). Innovation Cluster and Regional Development In Daejeon Regional. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 2(3), 103-122.
- D. W. Jo. (2007). A Study on the Ecological Environment Analysis of the Daededk Innopolis of Research and Development. Journal of management & economics, 30(1), 61-79.
- B. H. Choi. (2009). The study of the influences of social capital and structural factors on innovative performance in industrial clusters. Ph. D. Dissertation. Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Seoul.
- J. S. Seo. (2012). A study of relationship between knowledge management capabilities of hi-tech companies and innovation performance-With focus on Daedeok Innopolis. Ph. D. Dissertation. Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- E. H. Sung. (2014). Does Volunteerism Affect Innovative Performance & Competitiveness of Companies in innovative Clusters? Journal of International Trade & Commerce, 10(4), 691-707.
- J. K. Kim. (2015). Study on Ef ects of Human and Social Capitals of CEOs in Relation to External Funds Application and Initial Marketing Accomplishments : Focused on high-tech venture enterprises in Daeduck innopolis. Ph. D. Dissertation. Daejeon University, Daejeon.
- Y. C. Jung & S. J. Lee. (2016). A Study on Growth and Development Impact Factors for Innovation Cluster: A Case of the Daedeok Innopolis. Journal of Technology Innovation, 24(1), 190-219.
- H. R. Hwang & J. Y. Choung. (2014). Innovation System Transition - The case of Daedeok Innopolis. Economy and society, 104, 300-334.
- E. H. Sung & K. Y. Whang. (2008). Problems and Improvement Plans of the Daedeok Innopolis in Korea: Focus on the role of innovation support organization Journal of management & economics, 31(1), 63-80.
- S. J. Lee & S. Y. Chung. (2014). Interaction between Innovation Actors in Innovation Cluster: A Case of Daedeok Innopolis. Journal of Korea technology innovation society, 17(4), 820-844.
- C. Bergenholtz. & C. Waldstrom. (2005). Inter-organizational network studies: A literature review. Industry and Innovation, 18(6), 539-562. https://doi.org/10.1080/13662716.2011.591966
- J. Y. Song & H. C. Kim. (2007). Knowledge Transfer and Acquisition Through Strategic Alliances : A Study of Asian Firms' Strategic Alliances in the High-tech Sector. Journal of Strategic Management, 10(1), 1-18.
- K. H. Kang, S. C. Choi & J. A. Kang. (2015). How Does Knowledge Depth/Breadth Moderate Between Alliance Intensity and Innovative Performance? Journal of Strategic Management, 18(1), 31-55.
- B. J. Park, S. H. Bae & S. I. Baek. (2013). Exploring the Effects of Alliance Networks on Firm's Innovation Performance. Entrue Journal of Information Technology, 12(1), 117-131.
- D. S. Yim, W. D. Kim & J. H. Yu. (2004). The Evolutionary Process of Daedeok Science Town and International Comparison - In the Perspective of Innovation Cluster. Journal of Korea technology innovation society, 7(2), 373-395.
- J. I. Choi. (2008). Practice-based MOT Education : using TEC program in Daejeon Techno Park. Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, 21(4), 1455-1478.