- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study on the Revitalization of O2O: A Unified View of Offline Channel and Mobile Channel
O2O 서비스 활성화 방안에 대한 실증 연구: 오프라인 채널과 모바일 채널의 통합적 관점에서
- Kim, Byoungsoo (School of Business, Yeungnam University)
- 김병수 (영남대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2018.07.29
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
This study explores unified service experience to boost O2O services. Previous studies on service management and marketing only focused on customer experience in offline stores, while prior works on information systems looked only at the experience of services in mobile applications. In this vein, this study took into accounts the characteristics of offline stores and the benefits of their mobile applications. Moreover, the final dependent variable was share of wallet to measure customer's expenditure within the category. The theoretical model was tested based on 219 consumers who frequently visit Starbucks and use its mobile application. PLS method was applied to analysis the research model and hypotheses. The analysis results showed that customer satisfaction about offline store is not significantly related to share of wallet, while satisfaction about mobile application plays a significant role in enhancing share of wallet. Hedonic and social benefits were found to have significant effects on satisfaction about mobile application. The analysis results help establish service marketing and strategies to enhance the unified customer experience of O2O service.
O2O;Share of Wallet;Service Experience;Hedonic Benefits;Social Benefits
Supported by : 동일문화장학재단
- J. B. Cohen & C. S. Areni. (1991). Affect and Consumer Behavior, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 1991.
- J. F. Hair, M. S. Sarstedt, C. M. Ringle & J. A. Mena. (2012). An assessment of the use of partial least squares structural equation modeling in marketing research. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 40(3), 414-433. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-011-0261-6
- C. Fornell & D. F. Larcker. (1981). Evaluating structural evaluation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(1), 39-50. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- J. F. Hair, R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham & W. C. Black (1998), Multivariate Data Analysis with Readings (5th ed.), Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- B. W. Kim (2016). A study on convergence of mobile smart commerce and O2O distributions business model for small to medium and micro-enterprises. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(5), 161-167. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.161
- S. H. Kim & D. M. Lee (2018). A study on the ways for differentiation of domestic car sharing service. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(3), 181-186. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.3.181
- F. Liu, X. Zhao, P. Y. K. Chau & Q. Tang. (2015). Roles of perceived value and individual differences in the acceptance of mobile coupon applications. Internet Research, 25(3), 471-495. https://doi.org/10.1108/IntR-02-2014-0053
- B. Kim. (2017). Effects of brand loyalty of consumer loyalty toward loyalty programs and consumer satisfaction: Focused on coffee chains. Journal of the Korea Service Management Society, 18(1), 135-157.
- T. M. Tasi, W. N. Wang, Y. T. Lin & S. C. Choub. (2015). An O2O commerce service framework and its effectiveness analysis with application to proximity commerce. Procedia Manufacturing, 3, 3498-3505.
- T. J. Wu, R. H. Zhao & S. Y. Tzeng. (2015). An empirical research of consumer adoption behavior on catering transformation to mobile O2O. Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics, 18(6), 769-788. https://doi.org/10.1080/09720502.2015.1108088
- Y. Boo & J. W. Byun. (2017). The effect of selection attributes of O2O service on switching cost, service satisfaction and switching intention: Focused on tourist. Korean Journal of Hotel Administration, 26(6), 123-141.
- O. J. Lee & D. W. Yang. (2017). A study on the effect of O2O service quality on user satisfaction and intention of reuse. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(6), 165-178. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.6.165
- R. E. Anderson. (1973). Consumer dissatisfaction: The effect of disconfirmed expectancy on perceived product performance. Journal of Marketing Research, 10, 38-44.
- P. K. Hellier, G. M. Geursen, R. A. Carr & J. A. Rickard. (2003). Customer repurchase intention: A general structural equation model. European Journal of Marketing, 37(11-12), 1762-1800. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560310495456
- B. Kim. (2017). Effects of customer satisfaction, perceived switching costs and regret on repurchasing intention: The case of coffee chains. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(3), 87-98. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.87
- J. H. Kim & H. Lee. (2011). The influences of experiential and environmental factors on perceived service quality, brand image and customer satisfaction. Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management Review, 14(4), 29-52.
- K. Ryu, H. R. Lee & W. G. Kim. (2012). The influence of the quality of the physical environment, food, and service on restaurant image, customer perceived value, customer satisfaction, and behavioral intentions. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 24(2), 200-223. https://doi.org/10.1108/09596111211206141
- M. J. Bitner. (1992). Servicescapes: the impact of physical surroundings on customers and employees. Journal of Marketing, 56(2), 57-71. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252042
- B. Kim. (2018). Understanding the role of conscious and automatic mechanisms in social networking services: A longitudinal study. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 34(9), 805-818.
- A. Mimouni-Chaabane & P. Volle. (2010). Perceived benefits of loyalty programs: Scale development and implications for relational strategies. Journal of Business Research, 63(1), 32-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2009.01.008
- Digieco, O2O, On-Demand Economy beyond Commerce, 2016.
- J. K. Hsieh. (2017). The role of customers in co-creating m-services in the O2O model. Journal of Service Management, 28(5), 866-883.
- S. Y. Hwang & S. Kim. (2018). Does mIM experience affect satisfaction with and loyalty toward O2O services?. Computers in Human Behavior, 82, 70-80.
- S. Kim. (2017). Effects of application attributes of coffee chains on consumers' repurchase decision-making processes. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(9), 137-146. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.9.137
- A. W. Magi. (2003). Share of wallet in retailing: The effects of customer satisfaction, loyalty cards and shopper characteristics. Journal of Retailing, 79(2), 97-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(03)00008-3
- B. Cooil, T. L. Keiningham, L. Aksoy & M. Hsu. (2007). A longitudinal analysis of customer satisfaction and share of wallet: Investigating the moderating effect of customer characteristics. Journal of Marketing, 71(1), 67-83. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.71.1.67
- S. Coyles & T. C. Gokey. (2002). Customer retention is not enough. The McKinsey Quarterly, 2(2), 81-89.
- H. W. Kim, S. Gupta & S. H. Lee. (2013). Examining the effect of online switching cost on customers' willingness to pay more. Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems, 23(1), 21-23.
- Y. J. Jeong & Y. U. Song. (2016). A study on the factors affecting the intention to use O2O services. Journal of Information Technology Services, 15(4), 125-151.
- D. Kwon & B. Kim. (2015). Evaluation of the usability of the on-demand riding service based on mobile application -Focused on KakaoTaxi and Uber. CDAK Society of Communication Design, 53, 60-70.
- Y. J. Moon. (2016). The study of service quality model in O2O(Online-to-Offline) context. Management & Information Systems Review, 35(3), 213-230.
- K. I. Kim. (2018). The effect of the quality of Kakao Hair O2O service on user satisfaction and reuse intent. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, 24(2), 43-53.