- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Issues and Challenges on the Adaptation of Korean Society for North Korean women defectors -Community Settlement system
탈북여성의 한국사회적응에 대한 쟁점과 과제 - 지역사회 정착제도를 중심으로
- Kwon, Sung-Chul (Dept. of Social Welfare, Catholic University)
- 권성철 (가톨릭대학교 일반대학원 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2018.09.06
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
This study aims to elucidate the major issues and problems of the North Korean woman defectors focusing on the Community settlement system of Korean society in the time of the historical change of the rapidly changing inter - Korean relations starting from the recent summit talks between North and South Korea. Analytical methods were conducted using literature and previous research data. The results of this study are summarized as follows. The necessity of legal and institutional support reflecting the characteristics of life of North Korean woman defectors and experience of defecting, the necessity of development and management of employment education and employment support program for stable settlement support, the necessity of an integrated support system of public - private cooperation governance structure The need for a tailored social adaptation program tailored to individual needs arises. The results of this study are important to suggest the direction of improvement of the actual system through studying the policy and system of the settlement of Korean society in advance of the unification era. In future research, the support system for the settlement of the South Korean society A variety of studies to identify the factors for role formation will be needed.
North Korean woman defectors;Korean society adaptation;Community Settlement system;Public-private cooperation governance;Integrated Support System
- M. R. Kim. (2005). The Effect of the Perceived Adjustment Stress and the Coping Resources on the Depressive Symptoms of the North Korean Defectors: The Comparison between Men and Women, Mental Health & Social Work, 20.
- H. K. Kim. (2010). The relations between defense mechanism and mental health problems of North Korean Female Refugees, Korean Psychological Association, 15, 155.
- S. J. Park. (2012). A Study on the Improvement of Employment Support System for the Unification of Korean Society of Refugees in Korea, Monthly Labor Review, 10, 107.
- Y. J. Kim. (2017). Convergent Research on Balancing Experience of Work and Child care of North Korean Female Defectors, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(10), 385-395. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.10.385
- S. B. Lee & J. H. Kim. (2012). Residents Escaping from North Korea and South Korea Women's Human Rights on the Level of Social Adaptation, Korean Balanced Development Studies, 3(2).
- I. J. Yoon. (2000). The actual condition and analysis of defectors' problem, Unification argument, 18, 3-30.
- K. Y. Lee & T. W. Eom. (2002). A Study on the Effects of Life Satisfaction and helplessness depression, Korea Academy of Mental Health Social Work, 1, 217-234.
- H. Y. Ahn. (2002). The Displace people from the North Korea = The Study on the social adaptation and devoloping of support system for the Displaced people, The Report of National Institute of Health, 37, 374-379.
- M. K. Son. (2002). A study on North Korean Refugees Adaptation in South Korea, Ewha Womans University, 79.
- Cluver L, Bray R, & Dawe. (2007). A,"Monitoring the worst form of child labour, trafficking and child commercial sexual exploitation." In: Dawe A, Bray R Van der Merwe A(eds), Monitoring Child Well-Being: A south african Rights-Based Approach, Cape Town; HSRC Press, 247-268.
- I. S. Kim. (2008). An Exploration on the Reconstruction of "Self-Sufficiency" Concept: Focused on the Self-Sufficiency of the Prostitute, Korean journal of family social work, 22, 93-199.
- M. S. Jang & A. R. Lee. (2010). A Study on Building Economic Independence among Women Refugees of North Korea through Employment Support, The Korean Journal of Unification Af airs, 22(2).
- G. C. Kim. (2015). A Study on North Korean Defectors' Adaptations to Local Community-Focusing on North Korean women, Korean Journal of Qualitative Research in Social Welfare, 9(1), 312.
- Y. S. Lee, H. W. Ku & I. Y. Han. (2011). Systematic Reviews of North Korean Refugees: Women's distinguishable experience, The Korean Journal of Unification Affairs, 23(2), 149-183.
- M. J. Chin. (2008). Gender Differences in Value Orientations, Levels of Socio-Cultural Adjustment, and Satisfaction on the Part of North Korean Defectors, The Korean Journal of Human Development, 15(1).
- Y. S. Jeon. (2012). Employment Promotion and Barriers for North Korean Defectors, Journal of Korea Women's Research Institute, 10(2), 107-128.
- M. J. Lee, H. I. Chang & J. Y. Jun. (2016). Perceived Discrimination, Acculturation, Acculturative Stress, and Depression among North Korean Refugees : A Mediated Moderation Model, Korean Psychological Association, 21(3), 460.
- S. P. Lee & H. J. Kouh. (2014). Building of Group Program for Female Saeteomin's Early Settlement, The Society of Digital Policy & Management, 12(1), 329.
- doopedia. Name of Web Site. http://www.doopedia.co.kr
- I. S. Kim & K. M. Cho. (2017). A Fusion Program of Tea Ceremony and Applications to Reduce the Cultural Adaptation Stress of Chinese Students in Korea, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society 8(12), 445-450. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.12.445
- Ministry of Education. (2016). Korea Education Development Institute, Name of Web Site. www.moe.go.kr
- Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs. (2015). Statistical Yearbook of Administration and Administration, Name of Web Site. www.mois.go.kr
- H. S. Ha. (2016). Evaluation of the Project to Support North Korean Refugees, National Assembly Budget Office, 22.
- Korea Hana Foundation. (2015). North Korean defectors' economic activity survey, 122-124.
- Korea Hana Foundation. (2015). North Korean defectors' economic activity survey, 94-95.
- S. Y. Jang. (2015). Current Status and Issues on Legal System of North Korean Refugees Settlement, Unification and Law, 24, 69-75.
- Ministry of Unification. (2017). Name of Web Site. www.unikorea.go.kr
- Foundation for North Korean Refugees. 2011, "Basic analysis of the life situation of defectors in North Korea."
- C. G. kang. (2010). North Korean Refugee Supporting Policy Based on Barrier Factor Analysis, The Korean Journal of Unification Affairs, 22(1), 261-290.
- K. S. Lee. (2003). A Study on the Adaptation of North Korean Defectors, Korea Institute of National Unification, 423.
- J. H. Ahn, & M. S. Min. (2003). An Analysis of Women's Education Experience in the North Korea Education System, The Women's Studies, 65, 211-244.
- Y. A. Cho & W. T. Jeun & Yu J. Ja & J. s. Um (2005). Predictors of Depression Among North Korean Defectors: A 3-year Follow-up Study, The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy 17(2), 468-469.
- O. G. Kim & E. S. Yoon. (2018). An autoethnography of a nursery principal in her fifties growing up with experiences of gender discrimination - From the perspective of Erik Erikson's psychosocial development, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(4), 198-197.
- O. S. Cho & H. S. Bang. (2018). The Effects of Daily Life Stress on the Learning Care Style of Multicultural Parents : Focusing on Mediating Effect of Parent Efficacy, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(4), 173-180. https://doi.org/10.4156/jcit.vol8.issue4.21
- Ministry of Unification. (2016). Name of Web Site. www.unikorea.go.kr
- J. R. Park. (2006). Study on Female New Residence Seekers' Work Values and Career Decision-making Process - A contextual approach from North Korea to South Korea, EwhaWomans University.
- C. Y. Song. (2011). Current Situation of Economic Activities of North Korean Refugees, Foundation for North Korean Refugees.