- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influence of Operation Method of Start-up Academy on the Establishment Performance
창업 지원 프로그램의 운영방식이 창업성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Lee, Bub-ki (Korea Technology Finance Corporation) ;
- Shim, Seong-chul (Science & Technology Policy Institute)
- Received : 2018.08.22
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
This The purpose of this study is to find policy implications through the analysis of the operational cases and establishment performance of the Leading University for startups. The method of the study was statistical analysis using the data generated during the operation of the Leading University for startups. The results of the study show that there is a difference between short-term performance by gender and age. Second, there was no correlation of the short-term performance with the evaluation, but a negative correlation was observed with the detailed document evaluation part. Third, there is no difference in short-term performance depending on the mentor. Strategic utilization is to reduce the reflection of the founder's short-term performance in the appraisal of the Leading Universities. And there is a need to improve the evaluation method for the applicant. The limitations of this study are that it is inadequate to be an empirical study through statistical analysis. And statistical analysis shows that there are not enough cases. Therefore, I will make an empirical study which will expand the number of cases by including cases of several universities in the future.
Leading University for startups;Commercialization;Establishment performance;Startup support policy;Mentoring
- M. J. Choi. (2013). Effects of Entrepreneur Characteristics and Software Characteristics on Performance of Software Company: The Moderating Ef ects of Environmental Factors. Doctoral dissertation. Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- M. S. Kim, Y. Hwangbo & H. Kim. (2010). A Study on Influence to Business performance of business incubator company via CEO's Characteristics. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 5(2), 33-57.
- M. Y. Kwun & H. J. Jeong. (2012). The Effect of Entrepreneurs' Characteristic, Technological Capabilities and Network on Firm Performance of Technology-based Start-ups. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 7(1), 7-18.
- Ministry of SMEs and Startups. (2018). 2018 startup Support Program Plan. Announcement No. 2018-2.
- National Assembly Budget Office. (2017). Analysis of growth-based and SME growth measures.
- S. C. Park. (2010). The empirical study on causal relationship between technology commercialization capability and performance in venture technology investment. Doctoral dissertation. Hoseo University, Asan.
- S. C. Shim. (2014). An Analysis on the Factors for Technology Commercialization Success and Failure in Korean Small Firm owned by Technical Entrepreneur. Doctoral dissertation. Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Gumi.
- S. M. Shin. (2014. 3. 27). Hannam University Start-up Academy Achievements First graduation. Electronic Times. p. 22.
- Small and Medium Business Administration. (2014). 2014 Startup Support Program Guide. Homepage Notice(2014.1.21.).
- Y. J. Han. (2016). Research Trend of Entrepreneurship in Korea. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(12), 121-131. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.121 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.121
- M. K. Kwon & H. S. Yang. (2016). The Influence of Entrepreneurial Supporting Policy and Entrepreneurship on Entrepreneurial Intention in the fusion of industries-Considering the moderating effect of the business failure burden and self-efficacy. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(5), 21-37. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.21 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.21
- C. H. Yook & I. O. Jeon. (2014). Effect of Entrepreneur's Characteristics on the Intention of Entrepreneruship -Focusing on the Moderating Effect of Entrepreneurship Mentoring in Korean. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 14(10), 661-676. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.661 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.661
- H. G. Lee. (2010). The Impact of Technology Commercialization Support of University on the Performance of Small & Medium Enterprises. Master's dissertation. Hanbat National University, Daejeon.
- H. J. Rho & H. Y. Jeong. (2010). Introduction to statistical analysis by PASW(SPSS). Seoul : Hanol Publishing.
- H. M. Bang & I. O. Jeon. (2015). A study on the Effect of Mentoring Skills and Mentoring Functions on Initial Start-up Performance and Satisfaction. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 15(5), 444-454. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.05.444 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.05.444
- I. H. Jeon. (2012). The Effect of technical competence according to commercialize the company's technology incubator support and management performance stage. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 12(9), 325-339. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.09.325 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.09.325
- Korea Institute of Startup & Entrepreneurship Development. (2018). Leading Universities Nurture Program for startups. K Startup. https://www.k-startup.go.kr