- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Design and Implement a Healthcare Alert App to Prevent Dementia
치매예방을 위한 헬스케어 알리미 앱 설계 및 구현
- Pi, SU-Young (Dept. of Institute of Liberal Education, Catholic University of Daegu)
- 피수영 (대구가톨릭대학교 교양교육원)
- Received : 2018.08.06
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
There are not that many m-health related services limited to the elderly. Many of the elderly who are at risk of dementia are unfamiliar to smart devices, so it is required to design an user-customized App. Therefore, I design and embody a mobile voice alert integrated app, which enables voice input to increase the accessibility of the elderly, so as to prevent diseases caused by declined cognitive function such as dementia. I conducted interviews and questionnaire after having the students use the app in Lifelong Education Center in H region of Gyeongbuk, and the analysis result has showed the high satisfaction. It is expected that it will be able to play a key role for M-Health service for the elderly since it is possible to prevent dementia through the voice health care alert app. I would like to learn deep learning in the future to predict the life patterns and the possibility of dementia of the elderly.
Dementia Prevention;Dementia Screening;Health Care;Voice Alert;Mobile
Supported by : Catholic University of Daegu
- S. W. Jong. (2016). Impact of Smartphone Hangul Typography on the Legibility of the Elderly. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 16(11), 661-673. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.11.661
- E. Richard et al. (2012). Methodological challenges in designing dementia prevention trials-The European dementia prevention initiative(EDPI). Journal of the Neurological Science, 322(1), 64-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2012.06.012
- J. S. Jang & S. H. Cho. (2016). Mobile Health (m-health) on Mental Health. The Korean Journal of Stress Research, 24(4), 231-236.
- M. Kay, J. Santos & M. Takane. (2011). mHealth: New horizons for health through mobile technologies. Switzerland : World Health Organization.
- H. K. Hong & S. H. Kim. (2017). Structured Design of Healthcare System based on Mobile to Improve the Quality of Life for the Elderly People. The Society of Convergence Knowledge, 5(2), 79-83.
- E. C. Lee, S. C. Jo & H. Y. Lee. (2018). A Study on the Impact of Mobile Healthcare's Diffusion of Innovation Factors on Intention to Use: Focusing on Moderating Effects of Innovation Propensity. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(5), 153-162. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.5.153
- T. H. Kim, C. W. Ro & J. W. Yoon. (2016). Development of Smart Stick Using Motion Sensing and GPS for Elderly Users' Safety. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(4), 45-50. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.045
- Y. H. Lee & S. H. Jo. (2017). Application Design Planning for the Elderly with Mild Dementia. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 17(3), 274-284. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.03.274
- T. B. Yoon & J. H. Lee. (2014). Development of system NFC-based medication management for elderly patients. Journal of Korea Academia Industrial Cooperation Society, 5(8), 5304-5309.
- H. S. Park, S. W. Kim, M. H. Jin & C. D. Yoo. (2014). Current trend of speech recognition based machine learning. The Magazine of the IEIE, 18-27.
- S. J. Choi & J. B. Kim. (2017). Comparison Analysis of Speech reconition Open APIs' Accuracy. Asia-pacific journal of multimedia services convergent with art, humanities, and sociology, 7(8), 411-418.
- D. Y. Lee, K. W. Kim, J. C. Yoon, J. Y. Jhoo, J. H. Lee & J. I. Woo. (2004). Development of an Information Report Questionnaire for Dementia Screening : Seoul Information Report Questionnaire for Dementia(SIRQD). Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 43(2), 209-218.
- S. S. Kim & H. M. Jo. (2018). Dementia Prevention Programs among Koreans: A Systematic Review. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 18(4), 89-98. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2018.18.04.089
- Y. M. Lee & N. H. Park. (2007). The Effects of Dementia Prevention Program on Cognition, Depression, Self-esteem and Quality of life in the Elderly with Mild Cognitive Disorder. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 19(5), 1-11.
- B. H. Chong. (2013). The Effect of Cognitive Occupational Therapy in Community Living Elders with Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementia. Journal of Digital Convergence, 11(3), 317-325. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.3.317
- E. S. Yi. (2017). The Physical Activity and Smart Health Care of Trend for the Elderly. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(8), 511-516. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.8.511
- M. R. Choi & Y. C. Lee. (2012). The Leisure Sports participation, Life Stress, Depression and Buffering Effect of Resilience Among the Elderly. Korean Journal of Physical Education, 51(1), 75-90.
- D. H. Kim. (2015). Using the IT equipment Alzheimer's disease prevention program for the elderly Effects of three functions : Cognitive function, Depression, Quality of life. The Korea Journal of Sports Science, 24(5), 1191-1204.
- S. J. Yang, K. H. Yoon & H. S. Kim. (2016). Mobile Health for Health Management of the Elderly. Korean Journal of Clinical Geriatrics, 17(1), 1-6.
- S. M. Yun, H. S. Choi & M. G. Cho. (2014). Integration of Application program for Dementia Diagnosis using Biometric Sensor and Oxygen Chamber. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial, 15(5), 2953-2961.
- M. J. Kang. (2016). Design and Development of Serious Puzzle Game for Cognitive Enhancement. Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, 24(1), 247-248. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2019.24.01.247
- A. R. Yong & J. Y. Yun. (2018). A Study on the Improvement of the Voice of the Virtual Assistant Service for the Elderly. Proceeding of HCI Korea, 726-728.
- Y. J. Lee & S. I. Kim. (2017). Study on the Situational satisfaction survey of Smart Phone based on voice recognition technology. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(8), 351-357. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.8.351
- J. H. Choe & H. T. Kim. (2016). A Survey Study on the Utilization Status and User Perception of the VUI of Smartphones. The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, 21(4), 29-40. https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2016.21.4.029
- K. A. Go & Y. E. Kim. (2018). A Study on the Effectiveness of Cognitive Activity Integration Program Designed for the Aged with Mild Dementia. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(2), 431-440. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.2.431
- S. D. Yoo & M. R. Baik. (2017). Analysis of domestic dementia research trend for integrated study. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(3), 1-12.
- M. H. Park, Y. H. Go, S. J. Lee, S. H. Kim, J. H. Kim & D. Y. Lee. (2017). Need Assessment of Online Dementia Family Caregiver Education Program. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(9), 431-440.
- H. Oh & S. H. Sok. (2009). Health Condition, Burden of Caring, and the Quality of Life among Family Members of the Elderly with Senile Dementia. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing,18(2), 157-166.