- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on Social Integration in the Netherlands: For immigrants
네덜란드의 사회통합에 대한 연구: 이주민들을 대상으로
- Lee, Hyangsoo (College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Seong-Hoon (Dept. of Economics, Korea University)
- Received : 2018.07.20
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the cases of social integration in immigrants in the Netherlands and to clarify the implications for Korea. The Netherlands is a country that implements social integration policies targeting foreign immigrants. We are preemptively implementing social integration policies for foreigners ahead of us. In this study, first of all, the literature on social integration for the immigrants in the Netherlands and the consultation on the experts were sought and the implications for the Dutch government 's social integration policy were sought. In addition, policy implications were derived based on the results of Dutch case analysis. First, the social integration program of the Dutch government mandated social integration programs for migrants, and the costs were also monetized, encouraging social integration. Also, when participation in the social integration program is passive, it imposes sanctions on migrants and emphasizes the responsibility of individual migrants. In addition, the Ministry of Internal Affairs is the control tower of the government's promotion system, and it has a platform for the unity of social integration programs in local governments. Based on the results of this analysis, the implications for the social integration policy of Korea were suggested.
Netherlands;Social Integration;Immigrants;Immigration Policy Legal System;Social Integration Policy Implementation System
- Y. A. Jung & H. S. Kim. (2014). A Method of Using Digital Map to Improve Multicultural Education Efficiency: A Design of 'e-Atlas of Society and Culture' for Marriage Immigrant Women to Overcome Contextual Limitations. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(11), 13-21. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.13 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.13
- K. S. Noh, J. Y. Lee & S. T. Park. (2016). A Study on the Development Multicultural Family Business Model. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(3), 199-207. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.199 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.199
- S. W. Byun, S. H. Kim & S. H. Park. (2017). A Study on the Application of EduTech for Multicultur al People. Journal of Digital Convergence. 14(3), 55-62.DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.55 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.55
- S. H. Park & J. Y. Yu. (2017). The Effects of Multicultural Experience on Empathy in Adolescents : Focused on Mediating Effect of Multicultural Acceptance and Cultural Empathy. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(4), 499-510 . DOI : /10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.499 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.499
- S. J. Han. (2017). Study on Ef ects of Multi-cultural Acceptability on Awareness of Unification using Structural Equation Model. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(10), 1-7. DOI :10.14400/JDC.2017.15.10.1 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.10.1
- N. Y. Goo & O. S. Lee. (2018). Influence of Multicultural contact Experience on the Relationship between Social Distance and Multicultural Acceptance among Nursing Students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(1), 187-195. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2018.16.1.187 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.1.187
- H. S. Lee & S. H. Lee. (2017). A study on policy for social integration based on case in France. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(12), 95-100. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.12.95 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.12.95
- H. Entzinger & R. Biezeveld. (2003). Benchmarking in Immigrant Integration, European Research Centre on Migration and Ethnic Relations.
- D. H. Seol & B. H. Lee. (2013). From multiculturalism to citizen integration: the Dutch immigrant integration policy. Journal of Korean Political Science., 35(1), 207-234. DOI : 0102-2012-300-003132269
- IND Information and Analysis Centre. (2011). Annual policy Report 2010: Developments in Dutch Migration and Asylum Policy, IND Information and Analysis Centre
- Korea Institute of Public Affairs. (2015). KOREA SOCIAL INTEGRATION SURVEY, Korea Institute of Public Affairs.
- S. D. Ko. (2012). Russia's Position towards European Integration and its Determinants. European Studies, 30(2), 279-300, DOI: I410-ECN-0102-2013-920-002052428
- https: www.government.nl/latest/news/2014/06/27/focus-on-work-in-civic-integration-exam
- U. G. Bong. (2011). Comparative Study on Immigration Administrative Legislation. Dong-A University Graduate School.
- C. S. Shin & S. W. Kim. (2015). Mental Health Reform through the National Mental Health Strategy in Australia and Convergence Policy Implications. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(6), 341-350. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.6.341 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.6.341
- Y. S. Kim. (2014). Factors Affecting Depression among Female Marriage Immigrants. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(11), 575-583. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.575 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.575
- H. J. Lee. (2014). Exploratory Study on Experience in Cultural Competence of Multicultural Counselors Working with Female Immigrants by Marriage. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(2), 519-530. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.519 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.519
- B. J. Jeon. (2014). A Study on National Identity of Adolescents of Multi-cultural Family. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(4), 33-41. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.4.33 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.4.33
- J. A. Lee. (2015). Characteristics and Implications of Civic Multiculturalism Policy of Canada. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(11), 15-23. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.15 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.15
- R. B. Andeweg & G.. A. Irwin. (2014). Governance and Politics of the Netherlands, Macmillan International Higher Education.
- J. W. Duyvendak & P. W. A. Scholten (2011). Beyond the Dutch "Multicultural Model", Journal of International Migration and Integration, 12(3), 331-348.
- N. Meer & T. Modood. (2012). How does interculturalism contrast with multiculturalism?, Journal of intercultural studies, 33(2), 175-196, DOI : 10.1080/07256868.2011.618266 https://doi.org/10.1080/07256868.2011.618266
- C. Joppke. (2007). Transformation of Immigrant Integration: Civic Integration and Antidiscrimination in the Netherlands, France, and Germany, World Politics, 59(2), 243-273, DOI : 10.1353/wp.2007.0022 https://doi.org/10.1353/wp.2007.0022
- B. G. Moon, H. M. Ra & S. J. Han. (2015). Comprehensive Diagnosis and Improvement Plan of Immigrant Social Integration Policy. Ministry of Justice Immigration and Foreign Policy Headquarters.