- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Exploration on Secondary Education Undergraduates' SNS Communication Patterns and Perception : Focused on KAKAOTALK
사범계 대학생의 SNS 소통 행태 및 인식 탐색 : 카카오톡을 중심으로
- Park, Sun-Hee (Department of Teacher Training Course, Hannam University) ;
- Kim, Sung-Mi (Center for Digital Education Research, Korean Educational Development Institute)
- Received : 2018.07.18
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study is figure out secondary education undergraduates' communication patterns and perceptions of use in KAKAOTALK, one of the most frequently used Social Network Service(SNS). The mixed method research was conducted of survey about 86 students and in-depth interview 10 of them. The chief implication of research showed that it has been firstly functioning them to sustain public and private network and to be an universal tool of expression their opinion, idea, themselves, however, they still regard face-to-face communication important. Secondly, they think that KAKAOTALK is a part of their everyday lives and regarded a communication space to freely express themselves and to adjust and manage their image. Thirdly, they psychologically solved their loneliness and were encouraged, moreover, the contents of communication were different according to usd of public or private team chat room. It needs a follow-up study comparatively to analyze other generation's cognitive psychological values in SNS and to suggest digital culture literacy guideline.
본 연구의 목적은 사범계 대학생들이 보편적인 소셜네트워크서비스 중 하나인 카카오톡 환경에서 나타나는 소통 행태와 활용에 대해 어떠한 인식을 갖고 있는지 알아보기 위함이다. 이를 위해서 86명의 사범계 대학생의 설문조사 결과를 분석하고 10명에게 심층면담조사를 병행한 혼합연구방법을 실시하였다. 주요 결과를 살펴보면, 첫째, 카카오톡은 대학생에게 공적 사적인 인적 네트워크를 유지하기 위한 필수적인 기능을 하고, 자신의 의견, 생각, 존재 자체를 표현하는 보편적인 도구이지만, 여전히 면대면 소통도 중요하게 인식하고 있었다. 둘째, 대학생들은 카카오톡 환경이 대학생의 삶, 즉 일상의 생태계에 포함되어 있으며, 자유롭게 자신의 이미지를 조정, 관리하고 자기 자신을 표현하는 소통의 공간으로 여기고 있었다. 셋째, 그들은 카카오톡을 통하여 심리적으로는 외로움을 해소하거나 자신을 지지하는 힘을 얻기도 하였으며, 공적 또는 사적 단톡방 용도에 따라 소통 내용에 차이가 있었다. 향후 후속연구에서는 세대간 소셜네트워크서비스 안에서 느끼는 인지심리학적 변인을 비교 분석하고 온라인 교육의 차원에서 디지털 문화 리터러시 지침 관련 연구가 진행되어야 할 것이다.
Supported by : Hannam University
- H. S. Jung. (2012). The Evolution of Korean Social Network Service focusing on the Case of Kakaotalk. Journal of Digital Convergence, 10(10), 147-154. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.10.147
- S. J. Lee & J. H. Yeon. (2013). Analyzing the Positive and the Negative SNS Behaviors of the Elementary and Middle School Students. Journal of Korean Information Education, 17(1), 1-8.
- P. P. Rau, Q. Gao & Y. Ding. (2008). Relation between level of intimacy and lurking in online social network. Computers in Human Behavior, 24(6), 2757-2770. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2008.04.001
- S. S. Kim & J. A. Bae. (2014). A Study on Classification of SNS Communications : Focused on the Comparison of Facebook and Twitter. Journal of Cybercommunication Academic Society, 31(4), 97-139.
- K. P. Hong & H. S. Jeon. (2017). The Relationship between College Students' SNS Addiction Tendency and Their Interpersonal Problems: Focused on the Moderating Effects of Social Support. Health and Social Welfare Review, 37(1), 34-67. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2017.37.1.34
- M. J. Lee & K. S. Ko. (2013). A Qualitative Study Based on Features of Smartphone Use by University Students. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(9), 301-310.
- H. J. Kim, S. M. Kim, J. W. Kim & S. J. Park. (2007). Digital Fun! Interesting makes value. Samsung Economic Research Institute.
- I. K. Kim, S. W. Park & H. M. Choi. (2017). The Relationship among Smartphone addiction, Communication ability, Loneliness and Interpersonal relationship for university students, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 18(1), 637-648. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.637
- Y. K. Kim. (2011). The Evolution of Information Technology and Changes in Human Networks -. Focusing on Twitter. Journal of Humanities Collection of Writings, 26, 165-184.
- B. H. Jun. (2017). A Study on the Effect of Affecting Factors of SNS on Learner's Attitude and Performance : Focused on University Class. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(5), 27-36. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.5.27
- S. H. Lee & J. W. Kim. (2016). Dominant communication Service change caused by interaction between diverse entitied : a case study of Kakaotalk. The e-Business Studies, 17(3), 251-271.
- M. J. Choi & Wi. G. Kim. (2013). An Exploratory Study on Use Motivation, Evaluation and Selection of SNS Mobile Marketing Services Focused on the "KakaoTalk PlusChingu. The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relation, 33(4), 85-110.
- K. Y. Jang & J. S. Oh. (2013). A Study on Platform Strategies of Korean First Mobile Instant Messenger KakaoTalk. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 8(4), 49-56. https://doi.org/10.16972/apjbve.8.4.201312.49
- R. Chuan & T. K. Kim. (2016). A Study on the Characteristics of Messenger Usability through User Research between China and Korea - Focused on GUI and User Research of KakaoTalk and WeChat. Journal of Digital Design, 16(4), 11-20.
- J. Y. Kim & M. Y. Kim. (2013). A Study on the Two Sided Market of Mobile Service Platform : Focused on the KaKaoTalk Cases. The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, 13(4), 147-173.
- S. Y. Lee & J. H. Kim. (2016). Interpersonal Communication Fatigue while Communicating via Mobile Phone : The Case of Kakao Talk Use. Journal of Cybercommunication Academic Society, 33(4), 255-303.
- J. T. Kwak, Y. J. Cheon, S. H. Oh., S. G. Choi, I. S. Lee & J. W. Kim. (2012). Why people feel stressful in using mobile social network from socio-technical perspective based on KAKAOTALK user survey data. Korean Management Review, 41(6), 1405-1434.
- J. Y. Lee, J. S. Hong & J. H. Eune. (2013). A study on the types of multiple identity based on Kakaotalk. Journal of Korean society of design science, 26(4), 181-204.
- S. M. Hong & S. H. Kim. (2013). Research on SNS user behavior according to the social network. Proceedings of HCI conference of Korea, 759-762.
- S. Y. Bae. (2015). A Study on the Utilization of Social Media for the Vitalizations of Youth Culture. National Youth Policy Institute. Research Report.
- M. S. Yoon & W. K. Park. (2014). Psycho-Social Factors Influencing to the SNS Addiction Tendency among University Students. Mental Health & Social Work, 42(3), 208-236.
- H. M. Cheon. (2014). The Strategies for Healthy Social Culture through the Relationship between the Type of SNS and the Psychological Characteristics of SNS User: Focused on the Metropolitan College. Journal of Korea Culture Industry, 14(3), 93-102.
- G. H. Han & I. H. Yi. (2016). The Relationship Between Empathic Ability and Interpersonal Problems Among University Students: The Moderation Effects of Smartphone Addiction.. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 21(4), 683-697. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2016.21.4.001
- B. H. Jung & H. K. Kim. (2016). Self-Disclosure on Mobile Instant Messenger: The Structure Relationships among Self-Esteem, Loneliness and Motives for Using KakaoTalk. Productivity Review, 30(2), 169-196. https://doi.org/10.15843/kpapr.30.2.201606.169
- B. H. Jung & J. H. Bae. (2016). The Structural Relationship among Trust in MIM, Attitude toward Emoticons, and the Intention to Purchase Emoticons in Kakao talk. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 16(10), 311-325. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.10.311
- H. Y. Yang. (2017). A Study on Emotional Communication by Emoticon Context -Focusing on Emoticon used in Kakao Talk-. Korean Society of Basic Design & Art), 18(3), 237-248.
- M. S. Choi. (2017). Convergence Study about Awareness toward communication, Communication ability and Self-efficacy: Centered on the 'S; University college students. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(9), 79-87.
- K. B. Jo & J. N. Paik. (2018). The Effect of Discrimination Experience on Job Satisfaction of Working Women with Disabilities: Focusing on Mediation Effect of Self-Esteem. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(2), 133-140. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.2.133
- Y. S. Yu. (2018). The Study on the Convergence Perception of College Students for the Physical Education. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(7), 125-133.
- H. J. Seo & Y. J. Huh. (2018). Analysis of Interrelation between Image and Text as Fusion Relationship-Through Advertising Production Class. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(7), 155-162.