- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Research on Instructional Design Models for Cross-Cultural Collaborative Online Learning
온라인 국제교류 협력학습 설계모형 탐구
- Park, SangHoon (College of General Education, Semyung University)
- 박상훈 (세명대학교 교양대학)
- Received : 2018.07.20
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the concepts and types of cross-cultural collaborative online learning that enhance the utilization of advanced ICT in education and contribute to the promotion of educational exchanges between countries, and suggest exchange learning design models necessary for the active introduction. For this study, previous studies related to cross-cultural collaborative online learning were examined. As a result, cross-cultural collaborative online learning is an educational method based on constructivism that explore and construct knowledge by interacting and collaborating with students, teachers, and field experts who are linguistically and culturally heterogeneous based on advanced ICT. The type of cross-cultural collaborative online learning could be divided into synchronous exchange learning centered on remote video classes and asynchronous exchange learning centered on website based tasks. A PPIE learning design model considering the characteristics of each type is presented.
본 연구의 목적은 첨단 ICT의 활용도를 높이고 국가 간 교육 교류협력 활성화에 기여하는 온라인 국제교류 협력학습의 개념과 유형에 대해서 살펴보고, 유형별 수업 설계모형을 제시하는 데 있다. 이를 위해 온라인 국제교류 협력학습 관련 시범사업 및 선행연구를 고찰하였다. 그 결과, 온라인 국제교류 협력학습은 첨단 ICT를 기반으로 언어적, 문화적으로 이질적인 학생, 교사, 현장전문가가 상호작용하고 협력함으로써 지식을 탐구하고 구성해가는 구성주의 기반의 교육방법임을 확인하였다. 유형으로는 원격 화상 수업 중심의 실시간 교류학습과 웹사이트 기반 과제 중심의 비실시간 교류학습이 있었고, 이러한 유형별 특징을 고려한 PPIE(Plan-Preparation-Interaction-Evaluation) 수업 설계모형을 제시하였다. 본 연구의 결과가 온라인 국제교류 협력학습 활성화에 기여할 것으로 기대한다.
Supported by : Semyung University
- C. M. Reigeluth & R. Joseph. (2002). Beyond technology integration: The case for technology transformation. Educational Technology, 42(4), 9-13.
- S. J. Chen, C. Hsu & E. Caropreso. (2005, October). Cross-cultural collaborative online learning: When the west meets the east. International Journal of Technology in Teaching and Learning, 2(1), 17-35.
- J. Y. Lee et al. (2014). A study on the current status and the development of tele-collaborative international exchanges for learning. Daegu: Korean Education & Research Information Service.
- S. H. Park. (2015). An analysis of structural relationships among variables influencing learning outcomes of tele-collaborative international exchange learning. Doctoral dissertation. Konkuk University, Seoul.
- J. Y. Lee, Y. M. Koo, M. J. Chei & S. H. Park. (2014). An Exploratory study on the outcome and implementation of strategies within tele-collaborative international learning exchanges. The Journal of Korean Education, 41(4), 149-175.
- C. I. Lim. (2011). The understanding of utilization about distance education and cyber education. Paju: Kyoyookbook.
- O'Rourke, B. (2005). Form-focused interaction in online tandem learning. CALICO journal, 433-466.
- S. C. Herring. (Ed.). (1996). Computer-mediated communication: Linguistic, social, and cross-cultural perspectives (Vol. 39). John Benjamins Publishing.
- I. C. Kim. (2002). Computer-mediated communication in english education: Future and prospects. The Journal of KACELLS, 7(1), 45-69.
- K. A. Ryu. (2009). The ef ects of cross-cultural videoconferencing on improving learners' communicative competence. Unpublished master's thesis. Yonsei University. Seoul.
- S. J. Kwon. (2008). Effects of computer supported collaboration scripts for building collaborative knowledge in computer-supported collaborative learning environment. Doctoral dissertation. Hanyang University, Seoul.
- J. Y. Won. (2013). Analysis of the students interaction activity system in the CSCL environment. Doctoral dissertation. Kongju National University, Kongju.
- S. Y. Kim. (2013). Educational ef ects of connecting classrooms project and suggestions for its improvement. Unpublished master's thesis. Incheon National University, Incheon.
- H. Y. Jeon & H. W. Lim. (2013). The effects of Korean-Taiwanese students' telecollaboertion on Korean students' intercultural competence and English speaking ability. English Language Teaching, 25(3), 365-386. https://doi.org/10.17936/pkelt.2013.25.3.018
- S. K. Yeom & H. Jim. (2009). A case study of elementary school students' English learning through e-learning international exchange cooperation project: Flying time capsule project. English Language Teaching, 21(3), 263-284. https://doi.org/10.17936/pkelt.2009.21.3.014
- T. K. Lee. (2018). Analysis of demands on the international development cooperation project of regional governments. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(4), 201-208. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.4.201