- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Research on Instructional Design Models for Cross-Cultural Collaborative Online Learning
온라인 국제교류 협력학습 설계모형 탐구
- Park, SangHoon (College of General Education, Semyung University)
- 박상훈 (세명대학교 교양대학)
- Received : 2018.07.20
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the concepts and types of cross-cultural collaborative online learning that enhance the utilization of advanced ICT in education and contribute to the promotion of educational exchanges between countries, and suggest exchange learning design models necessary for the active introduction. For this study, previous studies related to cross-cultural collaborative online learning were examined. As a result, cross-cultural collaborative online learning is an educational method based on constructivism that explore and construct knowledge by interacting and collaborating with students, teachers, and field experts who are linguistically and culturally heterogeneous based on advanced ICT. The type of cross-cultural collaborative online learning could be divided into synchronous exchange learning centered on remote video classes and asynchronous exchange learning centered on website based tasks. A PPIE learning design model considering the characteristics of each type is presented.
Supported by : Semyung University
- T. K. Lee. (2018). Analysis of demands on the international development cooperation project of regional governments. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(4), 201-208. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.4.201
- H. Y. Jeon & H. W. Lim. (2013). The effects of Korean-Taiwanese students' telecollaboertion on Korean students' intercultural competence and English speaking ability. English Language Teaching, 25(3), 365-386. https://doi.org/10.17936/pkelt.2013.25.3.018
- S. K. Yeom & H. Jim. (2009). A case study of elementary school students' English learning through e-learning international exchange cooperation project: Flying time capsule project. English Language Teaching, 21(3), 263-284. https://doi.org/10.17936/pkelt.2009.21.3.014
- J. Y. Lee et al. (2014). A study on the current status and the development of tele-collaborative international exchanges for learning. Daegu: Korean Education & Research Information Service.
- S. H. Park. (2015). An analysis of structural relationships among variables influencing learning outcomes of tele-collaborative international exchange learning. Doctoral dissertation. Konkuk University, Seoul.
- J. Y. Lee, Y. M. Koo, M. J. Chei & S. H. Park. (2014). An Exploratory study on the outcome and implementation of strategies within tele-collaborative international learning exchanges. The Journal of Korean Education, 41(4), 149-175.
- C. I. Lim. (2011). The understanding of utilization about distance education and cyber education. Paju: Kyoyookbook.
- O'Rourke, B. (2005). Form-focused interaction in online tandem learning. CALICO journal, 433-466.
- S. C. Herring. (Ed.). (1996). Computer-mediated communication: Linguistic, social, and cross-cultural perspectives (Vol. 39). John Benjamins Publishing.
- I. C. Kim. (2002). Computer-mediated communication in english education: Future and prospects. The Journal of KACELLS, 7(1), 45-69.
- K. A. Ryu. (2009). The ef ects of cross-cultural videoconferencing on improving learners' communicative competence. Unpublished master's thesis. Yonsei University. Seoul.
- S. J. Kwon. (2008). Effects of computer supported collaboration scripts for building collaborative knowledge in computer-supported collaborative learning environment. Doctoral dissertation. Hanyang University, Seoul.
- J. Y. Won. (2013). Analysis of the students interaction activity system in the CSCL environment. Doctoral dissertation. Kongju National University, Kongju.
- C. M. Reigeluth & R. Joseph. (2002). Beyond technology integration: The case for technology transformation. Educational Technology, 42(4), 9-13.
- S. J. Chen, C. Hsu & E. Caropreso. (2005, October). Cross-cultural collaborative online learning: When the west meets the east. International Journal of Technology in Teaching and Learning, 2(1), 17-35.
- S. Y. Kim. (2013). Educational ef ects of connecting classrooms project and suggestions for its improvement. Unpublished master's thesis. Incheon National University, Incheon.