- Volume 13 Issue 6
A direct measurement of an initiation carrier injection for a low voltage discharge is presented. A self-sustained pulsed discharge is utilized to characterize electrical responses of a glow discharge for varying amounts of injected initiation carriers. It is clearly demonstrated that the initiation carrier injection affects the ignition time and the breakdown voltage of the primary discharge. An abrupt reduction in the breakdown voltage for a
Afterglow;Atmospheric plasma;threshold density;DBD
- C. Louste, G. Artana, E. Moreau, G. Touchard, "Sliding discharge in air at atmospheric pressure: electrical properties," J. Electrostatics, vol. 63, pp. 615-620, June 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elstat.2005.03.026
- M. Laroussi, "Low-Temperature Plasmas for Medicine?," IEEE Trans, Plasma Sci. vol. 37, issue 6, pp. 714-725, June 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2009.2017267
- X. Tian and P. Chu, "Experimental investigation of the electrical characteristics and initiation dynamics of pulsed high-voltage glow discharge," J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 354-359, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/34/3/318
- S. Luo, C. M. Denning, and J. Scharer, "Laser-rf creation and diagnostics of seeded atmospheric pressure air and nitrogen plasmas," J. Appl. Phys. 104, 013301 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2946718
- L. Lee and Y. Kim, "Low-Voltage Atmospheric Plasma Generation by Utilizing Afterglow Initiation Carrier," Ieee Transaction on Plasma Science, vol. 41, issue 1, pp. 155-158, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2012.2230275
- N. Brenning, I. Axnas, J. O. Nilsson, and J. Eninger, "High-Pressure Pulsed Avalanche Discharges: Formulas for Required Preionization Density and Rate for Homogeneity," IEEE Transaction on Plasma Science, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 83-88, February 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/27.557489
- J. I. Levatter and S. Lin, "Necessary conditions for the homogeneous formation of pulsed avalanche discharges at high gas pressures," Journal of Applied Physics 51, p. 210, 2008.
- R. Hugon, M. Fabry and G. Henrion, "The influence of the respective durations of the discharge and the afterglow on the reactivity of a DC pulsed plasma used for iron nitriding," J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 761-768, March 1996. https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/29/3/037
- S. Hwang, H. Park and Y. Kim, "Low Voltage Atmospheric Plasma Generation using DBD Initiation Carrier Injection," KIEE Trans, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 82-86, January 2018.
- Y. P. Raizer, "Gas Discharge Physics," Chap. 13 (Springer, Berlin, 1991).
- Y. Kim and J. Park, "Highly efficient initiation carrier injection for nonthermal atmospheric plasma generation," J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, vol. 33, no. 6, 062002-1, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1116/1.4933043
- Y. Shiu and M.A. Biondi, "Dissociative recombination in argon: Dependence of the total rate coefficient and excited-state production on electron temperature," Phys. Rev. A 17, pp. 868-872, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.17.868
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)