- Volume 13 Issue 6
In a field-oriented vector-controlled permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) control system, the d-axis current control loop can offer a free degree of freedom which can be used to improve control performances. However, in the industry the desired d-axis current command is usually set as zero without using the free degree of freedom. This paper proposes a method to use the degree of freedom for control performance improvement. It is assumed that both the inner loop proportional-integral (PI) current controller and the q-axis outer loop PI speed controller are tuned by the well-known tuning rules. This paper gives an optimal d-axis reference current command generator such that some useful performance indexes are minimized and/or a tradeoff between conflicting performance criteria is made. This paper uses a differential evolution algorithm to autotune the parameter values of the optimal d-axis reference current command generator. This paper implements the proposed control system in real time on a Texas Instruments TMS320F28335 floating-point DSP. This paper also gives experimental results showing the practicality and feasibility of the proposed control system, along with simulation results.
Permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM);Field-oriented control;Speed control;Proportional-integral (PI) control;Differential evolution (DE)
- H.Z. Jin and J.M. Lee, "An RMRAC current regulator for permanent magnet synchronous motor based on statistical model interpretation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 169-177, Jan. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.928554
- P. Kshirsagar, R. P. Burgos, J. Jang, A. Lidozzit, F. Wang, D. Boroyevich, and S.-K. Sul, "Implementation and sensorless vector-control design and tuning strategy for SMPM machines in fan-type applications," IEEE Trans. Industry Appl., vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 2402-2413, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2012.2227135
- T.D. Do, H.H. Choi, and J.-W. Jung, "SDRE-based near optimal control system design for PM synchronous motor," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 4063-4074, Nov. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2174540
- C. Cavallaro, A.O.D. Tommaso, R. Miceli, A. Raciti, G.R. Galluzzo, and M. Trapanese, "Efficiency enhancement of permanent-magnet synchronous motor drives by online loss minimization approaches," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1153-1160, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.851595
- J.-W. Jung, V.Q. Leu, T.D. Do, E.-K. Kim, and H.H. Choi, "Adaptive PID speed control design for permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 900-908, Feb. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2014.2311462
- D.Q. Dang, M.S. Rafaq, H.H. Choi, and J.-W. Jung, "Online parameter estimation technique for adaptive control applications of interior PM synchronous motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 1438-1449, Mar. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2015.2494534
- A. Consoli, G. Scelba, G. Scarcella, and M. Cacciato, "An effective energy-saving scalar control for industrial IPMSM drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 3568-3669, Sep. 2013.
- Y.-S. Choi, H.H. Choi, and J.-W. Jung, "Feedback linearization direct torque control with reduced torque and flux ripples for IPMSM drives," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 3728-3737, May 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2460249
- T.D. Do, H.H. Choi, and J.-W. Jung, "Nonlinear optimal DTC design and stability analysis for interior permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 2716-2725, Dec. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2015.2426725
- M.P. Kazmierkowski, F. Blaabjerg, and R. Krishnan, Control in Power Electronics : Selected Problems, San Diego, CA : Academic Press, 2002
- J. Vesterstrom and R.A. Thomson, "Comparative study of differential evolution, particle swarm optimization, and evolutionary algorithms on numerical benchmark problems," in Proc. IEEE Congr. Evol. Comput., Jun. 2004, pp. 1980-1987.
- S. Rahnamayan, H. R. Tizhoosh, and M.M.A. Salama, "Opposition-based differential evolution," IEEE Trans. Evol. Comput., vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 64-79, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEVC.2007.894200
- Y. Duan and D.M. Ionel, "A review of recent developments in electrical machine design optimization methods with a permanent-synchronous motor benchmark study," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 1268-1275, May/Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2252597
- S. Das and P.N. Suganthan, "Differential evolution: A survey of the state-of-the-art," IEEE Trans. Evol. Comput., vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 4-31, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEVC.2010.2059031
- S. Morimoto and Y. Takeda, "Expansion of operating limits for permanent magnet motor by current vector control considering inverter capacity," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 866-871, Sep./Oct. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.60058
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF), Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning(KETEP)