- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
3-Dimentional numerical study on dynamic behavior of connection between vertical shaft and tunnel under earthquake loading
3차원 수치해석을 이용한 지진 시 수직구-터널 접속부 동적 거동 분석
- Kim, Jung-Tae (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Cho, Gye-Chun (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Kang, Seok-Jun (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Kim, Ki Jung (CENITS Corporation Inc.) ;
- Hong, Eun-Soo (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST)
- 김정태 (한국과학기술원 건설 및 환경공학과) ;
- 조계춘 (한국과학기술원 건설 및 환경공학과) ;
- 강석준 (한국과학기술원 건설 및 환경공학과) ;
- 김기중 ((주)세니츠 코퍼레이션) ;
- 홍은수 (한국과학기술원 건설 및 환경공학과)
- Received : 2018.07.24
- Accepted : 2018.08.22
- Published : 2018.09.30
3D time history analysis was performed on vertical shaft-tunnel connection to provide insight into the dynamic stress-strain behavior of the connection considering the effects of soil layers, periodic characteristics and wave direction of earthquakes. MIDAS GTS NX based on FEM (Finite Element Method) was used for this study. From this study, it is revealed that the maximum displacement occurred at the upper part of the connection when the long period seismic waves propagate through the tunnel direction in soft ground. Also, stress concentration occurs due to different behaviors of vertical shaft and tunnel, and the stress concentration could be influence for safety on the connection. The results of this study could be useful for the seismic performance design of vertical shaft-tunnel connection.
Grant : 도심지 소단면(
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Aguilar-Tellez, M.A., Mendez-Marroquin, R., Rangel-Nunez, J.L., Comulada-Simpson, M., Maidl, U., Auvinet-Guichard, G. (2012), "Mexico City deep eastern drainage tunnel", Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground, London, Vol. 1, pp. 175-191.
- Jang, D.I., Kim, J.I., Kwak, C.W., Park, I.J. (2017), "Study on flexible segment efficiency for seismic performance improvement of subsea tunnel", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 503-515. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.3.503
- Jeon, K., Kim, D., Bang, K., Kim, D, Kim, T. (2009), "A case study of key items on shield TBM tunnel design: istanbul strait road tunnel crossing project", Proceedings of the KTA International Symposium on Mechanical Tunnelling, Seoul, pp. 1-13. (in Korean)
- Kim, Y.M., Jeong, S.S, Kim, K.Y., Lee, Y.H. (2011), "A study on the dynamic behavior of vertical shaft in multi-layered soil", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 31, No. 4C, pp. 109-116. (in Korean)
- Kim, Y.M., Jeong, S.S, Lee, Y.H., Jang, J.B. (2010), "Seismic design of vertical shaft using response displacement method", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 30, No. 6C, pp. 241-253. (in Korean)
- Kwak, C.W., Park, I.J. (2015), "Seismic behaviors of twin tunnel with flexible segment", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 695-702. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.6.695
- Lee, I.M., Jeong, K.H., Lee, J.S., Choi, J.Y., Shin, Y.J. (2002), "Seismic evaluation of masonry railroad tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 319-331. (in Korean)
- Midas Information Technology Co., Ltd. (2017), Midas GTS NX tutorials, Seongnam, Chapter. 13, pp. 5-6.
- Ohbo, N. Hayashi, K., Ueno, K., Kaneko, Y. (1992), "Dynamic behavior of super deep vertical shaft during earthquake", Proceedings of the 11th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Rotterdam, pp. 5031-5036.
- Okamoto, S., Tamura, C., Kato, K., Hamada, M. (1973), "Behaviors of submerged tunnels during earthquakes", Proceedings of the Fifth World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 1, Istanbul, Rome Italy, pp. 544-553.
- Yamamoto, T., Tateishi, A, Tsuchiya, M. (2014), "Seismic design for immersed tube tunnel and its connection with TBM tunnel in Marmaray project", 2nd European Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology, Istanbul, pp. 1-12.
- Yamazaki, Y., Segawa, N., Koizumi, A. (2013), "Evaluation of earthquake resistance of shield-tunnel/ vertical-shaft connections and countermeasure technology", NTT Technical Review, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 1-6.