- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on performance verification of dual-purpose rockbolt for reinforcement and drainage
지반 보강과 배수를 위한 이중기능 록볼트 성능 검증에 관한 연구
- Jung, Young-Hoon (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Doo-Rae (Dept. of Urban infrastructure Planning, ESCO Consultant and Engineers Company) ;
- Kim, Kyeong-Cheol (Geotechnical Engineering and Tunnel Dept., Dasan Consultants) ;
- Shin, Jong-Ho (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2018.07.19
- Accepted : 2018.08.16
- Published : 2018.09.30
Rockbolt is one of the most common supports used to reinforce discontinuous rock during underground excavation. Extra drain pipes are installed to improve excavation workability and the anchorage of rockbolts in water bearing ground. The drain pipe is effective in improving the workability by providing drainage path, but it is difficult to expect the reinforcement effect, increasing disturbance of the discontinuous rock mass and the construction cost. To solve this problem, dual purpose rockbolt (DPR) has been developed for the reinforcement of rock and the drainage of ground water. DPR was able to improve the mechanical and hydraulic stability of the rocks quickly and economically. Two kinds of DPRs using FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) and steel were investigated for the mechanical and hydraulic performance. Also, the workability and stability of DPR were analyzed.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 건설교통과학기술진흥원
- Fang, Y., Guo, J., Grasmick, J., Mooney, M. (2016), "The effect of external water pressure on the liner behavior of large cross-section tunnels", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 60, pp. 80-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2016.07.009
- Joo, E.J., Shin, J.H. (2014), "Relationship between water pressure and inflow rate in underwater tunnels and buried pipes", Geotechnique, Vol. 64, No. 3, pp. 226-231. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.12.P.185
- Jun, D.C., Kim, K.L., Hong, E.J., Kim, C.D., Lee, Y.J., Hong, C.H. (2017) "The review about ultra long subsea tunnel design under high water pressure", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 829-843. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.6.829
- Kim, H.W., Jeon, S.W., Park, E.S. (2012), "Evaluation of monitoring items for adverse ground conditions in subsea tunneling", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 32, pp. 19-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2012.05.001
- Meijers, P. (1967), "Doubly-periodic stress distributions in perforated plates", Ph.D. Thesis, Delft University of Technology, Netherland, pp.134-149
- Nilsen, B. (2014), "Characteristics of water ingress in Norwegian subsea tunnels", Rock mechanics and rock engineering, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 933-945. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00603-012-0300-8
- Nilsen, B., Palmstrom, A., Stille, H. (1999), "Quality control of a subsea tunnel project in complex ground conditions", Proceedings of the ITA World Tunnel Congress Oslo, Norway, pp. 137-145.
- Park, E.S., Shin, H.S., Cheon, D.S., Jung, Y.B. (2013) "Management and concept of the monitoring system considering the characteristics of subsea tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 523-536 https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.5.523
- Shin, H.S., Youn, D.J., Chae, S.E., Shin, J.H., (2009), "Effective control of pore water pressures on tunnel linings using pin-hole drain method", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 555-561. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2009.02.006
- You, K.H., Lee, K.H. (2006), "Influence of pore pressure behind a subsea tunnel on its stability", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 355-363.